Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > Community > Chatterbox & Forum Games

Old 02-06-2014, 03:18 AM   #6431
Supernova141
NEVER COME BACK YANDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirant View Post
provided God creates human souls.
...if they accept evolution, surely they must be aware that there is no clear line signifying exactly when our species became "human".
Supernova141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:29 AM   #6432
kirant
I won't go 'til it's over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernova141 View Post
...if they accept evolution, surely they must be aware that there is no clear line signifying exactly when our species became "human".
There's a thousand and a half things that don't make sense with that conditional in place. The least of which what you mentioned. Just kind of surprised they even admit that things could change over hundreds of thousands of years.

Ruri's Law: The vast majority of people are idiots (including myself)
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me Anime Edition
kirant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:43 AM   #6433
Supernova141
NEVER COME BACK YANDA

Do the blind spot test on this page. I know everyone knows this already but it's still pretty awesome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_spot_%28vision%29

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirant View Post
There's a thousand and a half things that don't make sense with that conditional in place. The least of which what you mentioned. Just kind of surprised they even admit that things could change over hundreds of thousands of years.
Spoiler: show
Supernova141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:41 AM   #6434
kirant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernova141 View Post
That reminds me: Bill Nye (old TV personality and mass media science guru...like Neil DeGrasse Tyson) and Ken Ham (Christian author, founder of Creation Museium, advocates literal interpretation of Genesis) had a debate yesterday. The results were kind of expected.

By the way, Time magazine has the absolute WORST recollection of it. It's atrocious.

Oh, got some time?
http://swampland.time.com/2014/02/05...en-ham-debate/

Old 02-06-2014, 05:35 PM   #6435
LuigiYoshi3000
The Eternal Understudy

You heard the saying "when trees attack"? Well, look what we got here.

LuigiYoshi3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 03:10 AM   #6436
veehive
Oldest Member of LSSF

Ole needs a new milk cow and hears about one for sale over in Nordakota. (That would be North Dakota for you non-Scandahoovians out der). He drives to Nordakota, finds the farm and looks at the cow. Ole reaches under to see if she gives milk. When he grabs the tit and pulls, the cow farts. Ole is surprised. He looks at the farmer selling the cow, then reaches under the cow to try again. He grabs another tit, pulls, and the cow farts again. Milk does come out however, so after some discussion, Ole buys the cow and takes her home.

He gets back to Minnesota, calls Sven, and says, 'Sven, come look at dis ere new cow I yust bought.'

When Sven gets there, Ole says, 'Sven, pull her tit, and see vat happens.' Sven reaches under, pulls the tit - and the cow farts. Sven looks at Ole and says, 'Ole, you bought dis here cow in Nordakota, didn't yah?'

Ole is surprised since he hadn't told Sven about his trip. Ole replies, 'Yah, dats right. But how'd yah know?'

Sven says, 'My wife's from Nordakota.'
Old 02-08-2014, 03:18 AM   #6437
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

you sunk my pokemon!
Old 02-08-2014, 04:00 AM   #6438
kirant

Man, you Swiss guys are so lucky to have Jonas Hiller. He has some of the best taste in art.

I know I'm a bit of an art nerd for this, but it's stunningly elegant IMO.

EDIT - I thought this was pretty cool. Another forum I frequent has one user who's currently researching in Israel. Recently, because of the previously posted Ham/Nye video, he popped up to put in some really interesting points about Hebrew and the Bible, and went for Ham's juggler in one of his posts.

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpos...0&postcount=85 - His first post. Really good reading for anybody curious about how the texts are so poorly translated and how some more natural translations are pretty interesting.
http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpos...5&postcount=86 - Basically describes the origin of modern fundamental Christians and how they popped up when more accurate translations began to undermine their interpretation of the Bible. Then proceeds to call Ham an absolute idiot.
http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpos...0&postcount=92 - Discusses how the opening of Genesis likely originated from Babylonian conquest of Jerusalem. Also has a link to a Lego version of the Bible.
http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpos...1&postcount=93 - The next post, in which he continues on the above and points out some intentional literary devices pulled in some places, which seem to highlight the point he was making earlier...that the Christian god is more of material pusher than creator ex nihilo.

Last edited by kirant; 02-08-2014 at 04:33 AM.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:21 PM   #6439
Droote
No longer Lonely European

Quote:
Originally Posted by veehive View Post
Ole needs a new milk cow and hears about one for sale over in Nordakota. (That would be North Dakota for you non-Scandahoovians out der). He drives to Nordakota, finds the farm and looks at the cow. Ole reaches under to see if she gives milk. When he grabs the tit and pulls, the cow farts. Ole is surprised. He looks at the farmer selling the cow, then reaches under the cow to try again. He grabs another tit, pulls, and the cow farts again. Milk does come out however, so after some discussion, Ole buys the cow and takes her home.

He gets back to Minnesota, calls Sven, and says, 'Sven, come look at dis ere new cow I yust bought.'

When Sven gets there, Ole says, 'Sven, pull her tit, and see vat happens.' Sven reaches under, pulls the tit - and the cow farts. Sven looks at Ole and says, 'Ole, you bought dis here cow in Nordakota, didn't yah?'

Ole is surprised since he hadn't told Sven about his trip. Ole replies, 'Yah, dats right. But how'd yah know?'

Sven says, 'My wife's from Nordakota.'
Uffda, Ole.
Droote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 03:06 PM   #6440
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆