Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > General > Games & Computers > Touhou

Old 05-26-2013, 07:24 PM   #21
furball
Facetious Troll Mod

Spoiler: show

Werewolf, mermaid, and head detaching youkai. Interesting!
furball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:37 AM   #22
Gondolin
The Hidden Rock

ZUN released the cover of the game today:

The full game will be released on August 11th~
Old 07-24-2013, 03:40 AM   #23
Droote
No longer Lonely European

Beautiful cover. I wonder who will be the culprit.
Droote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:00 PM   #24
Gondolin
The Hidden Rock

The game has been released!

The last pieces of music and characters are cool.

4th stage has 2 bosses. Which one you face depends on your weapon, I believe.

The 5th stage boss has the worst gimmick of any boss in the series(which, upon first seeing, I passed off as oh, it can't be that bad. It was that bad). She flips the screen horizontally, vertically, and both, which alters what button makes you go where as well. Left would equal right, and up would equal down.

The stage 6 boss has an annoying card where she inflates your sprite and hitbox to super size(it's a survival card), and proceeds to toss knives and kunais all around. Fun fun.

Extra has a double midboss(the 2 girls form stage 4). The extra Boss has awesome music and some interesting cards. Her survival card looked really fun.

I 1CC'd it with Reimu A on my 2nd attempt(the first of which ended in me ragequitting on stage 3 because Kagerou rammed into me when I was collecting a life piece).
Now for Sakuya A~
Old 08-20-2013, 12:30 AM   #25
furball
Facetious Troll Mod

From what early things I've seen it looks to be like monster girl, but eh. I need to go get this and beat it, otherwise I have no idea what's going on in new doujins. That and i probably need to get back into touhou as I haven't played in months.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:08 PM   #26
Droote
No longer Lonely European

Has a translated version surfaced yet?
Droote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:04 PM   #27
Gondolin
The Hidden Rock

there's a guy working on a multilingual self updating patch which can be found here:
http://thpatch.net/wiki/Touhou_Patch_Center

I think a majority of the game is translated, at least, the story is. I haven't been using it because the guy behind it is a seemingly shady person, but others have used it without problem.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:10 AM   #28
furball
Facetious Troll Mod

I played a little bit of my friend's untranslated version. Was pretty fun, and while I think it's probably easier than the other games, dying a lot probably doesn't help that argument (hey, I haven't played touhou in a long time, and his laptop was weird). The different shot types and bombs were very fun, but I've noticed some parts about the game that were odd. For example, some spell cards seem to be almost exactly identical as nonspells, so it seems pretty lazy. Oh and, some bullet patterns/shot types in the game are almost identical to the ones that were used in the danmaku games my friends and I made (before DDC) was released. Coincidence? Or did Zun secretly peek at our data?

Oh also, the gimmicks in this game (in stage 5 and 6) are horribly annoying and probably the hardest/weirdest in any touhou game yet.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:49 PM   #29
Gondolin
The Hidden Rock

A few of the top level players have said that DDC(on lunatic, of course) is the hardest in the series. On normal at least, it really isn't so bad so long as you don't die and lose 5 excess bombs every time because your keyboard won't acknowledge that you pressed the x key.

^Stage 5 is completely evil. Screen and control shenanigans aside, I painfully discovered that Marisa B's bomb doesn't destroy the arrows in the second to last spellcard(don't know about other characters, but most other bombs grant invincibility for their entire duration anyway). Stage 6's gimmick(meaning, that spellcard) is only okay if you're playing as Reimu, because of her distinct advantage of being able to go through the kunai.

On a side note, I am loving Shinmyoumaru's theme.
Old 04-11-2015, 03:34 PM   #30
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

DDC is being released officially in english by Playism. It'll be the first officially released english game in the series :P
no release date information yet
source