Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > Lucky Star > General Discussion

Old 01-06-2017, 11:32 AM   #11
Davidandreis
Mangaka Assistant

And im sure that we can finish what we started.
Davidandreis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 01:10 PM   #12
Davidandreis
Mangaka Assistant

Nobody is gonna suppport me??
Old 01-06-2017, 03:15 PM   #13
Davidandreis
Mangaka Assistant

Seriously nobody replies to my idea??Nobody wants LS back??
Old 01-06-2017, 04:15 PM   #14
Thane of Cawdor
Yuri connoisseur advisor

I agree with you man. However, my degree is in business and I'll tell ya something about business. No one wants to spend loads of money without getting some sort of return, aka profit. If it was profitable they'd have done it already. Yes if we could get tons of people to donate to Funimation and say "here's your money, please animate a second season" I'd be all for it, but asking every visitor to donate money for something they might not do is easier said than done. There's no guarantee they could go get the original cast, and of course (not our fault) they're gunshy after the not-so-great season 2 of Haruhi. I'm the first one to complain when a comic-to-movie isn't good because the storyboard is already made, yet people still screw up. Lucky Star itself was a good show but the original DVDs SUCKED. 3 of my 6 had a watermark to 'try' and stop ripping, but they were off-balance and made my DVD players shake. The menu's weren't that good, and the subtitling was not as good as the fan-subs you can find on the internet for free. And for people like me who don't like dubbing, whatever they did on it was a waste for me. So the production values I feel sucked. But I loved the actual show. What I'm saying is that the odds of Funimation making GOOD dvds is pretty much zero, and the odds of them not TOTALLY screwing it up is even lower. The only real chance you have is either a private investor that loves the show (and i'm too broke) or what you call crowdfunding, which is what you were asking about. So if you'd like to try, you can check out something like kickstarter. If you get a sizable amount of donations (since money talks) then you could contact funimation and say 'here's some money, please make this show, you can keep all profits' and then they could listen. That's realistically your best bet.

P.S. Not that the picky mods come on anymore, but they prefer you putting all your ideas into one post rather than 6 in a row, usually ya let someone else reply first, so edit your last post next time rather than 6 in a row, cool?
Old 01-06-2017, 04:42 PM   #15
Davidandreis
Mangaka Assistant

So no chance for this to happen by itself but what if we start streghten the popularity of the forum?Maybe there is a way to do this.Oh and how much i wou ld need for all ne work including the tv airing??I think you could explain vaguely to me.Oh and if we manage to get people here we can create a donation on this forum for support of countinuing the series.And really its a way to contact its autor??Kagami Yoshimitzu seems like a ghost.And even if i get the money to pay Kyoto Animation and Funimation i still cant find a way to talk to their management.Anyone with a sugestion??Cause i want to do that no matter what.How we should start??

Last edited by Davidandreis; 01-07-2017 at 06:42 AM.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:41 PM   #16
Davidandreis
Mangaka Assistant

Has anyone advice on that??
Old 01-08-2017, 04:27 PM   #17
Davidandreis
Mangaka Assistant

So no one is gonna help me??
Old 01-08-2017, 04:41 PM   #18
Thane of Cawdor
Yuri connoisseur advisor

Dude, again, make one post not three. If you're going to round up collections for Lucky Star, the DVD set already left most of us drained. In other words the number, as a vague start, is well into the 6 figures. Theres a few dozen of us here not broke, and there just arent enough people or enough money to donate. Not to mention if we can get all the voice actors back together to make a new season. You're welcome to try, but without a millionaire whos willing to be a backer, there's very little chance. Sorry dude. I'd help if I could but raising that kind of money is gonna be awfully hard.
Old 01-08-2017, 04:41 PM   #19
Davidandreis
Mangaka Assistant

Also by the way i have seen a petiton opened very ahead of me maybe you can siign that and have other friend sign it too.http://it.petitionbuzz.com/petitions...rsequel#tabs-1 and please sign it am make sure other people will do that too.We can save Lucky Star.Why we dont try bringing people to this forum and have them help us with that.Also if in crowfunding i could ask 20 bucks from a stranger maybe we can do a short sequel just like the spin off and maybe that could catch peoples interest.

Last edited by Davidandreis; 01-08-2017 at 04:45 PM.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:12 PM   #20
Davidandreis
Mangaka Assistant

You won!