Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > Lucky Star > Anime

Old 10-05-2014, 04:56 PM   #1
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

Lucky Star Re-release

Now that LS has been relicensed by Funimation we can expect it to be released again in english some time soon.

What type of release are you hopng for? I'd personally like it to be one full-series box, all episodes together rather than as volumes.
Though it seems more likely that it'll be spread across 2 volumes.
The OVA is being released too, do you think it'll be dubbed?.

And those of you who already own Bandai's releases, will you buy this too to help with the sales and show Funi that we're willing to buy this sort of thing?
Old 10-05-2014, 06:38 PM   #2
XxLordxX
Holy Headbanger Knight

I think a single box would be better too, but I don't see it happening....

I believe the OVA will be dubbed to be released on a DVD as well.

And I don't own both, and won't get the Funimation one as I'm short of money hehehehe. Hoping to be able to get a new LORD boxset soon. But if I had money I'd buy for sure.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:05 PM   #3
Phil
Waiting for the Clouds

What type of release I'm hoping for? Well make Anime episodes for the rest of the Manga. But this will not happen.
Old 10-05-2014, 11:21 PM   #4
Simply Hiiragi
-

I have the anime legends set of LS so all the volumes came together. I have the OVA as well, but of course that was seperate.

I will buy it again if it's a bluray release and if the OVA is dubbed or on bluray I will buy that again as well.
I would really like to see a bluray release of it all, but I don't know if that will really happen ever.

So i'll just wait and see what happens and how they handle it same goes for Haruhi as well.

Last edited by Simply Hiiragi; 10-06-2014 at 06:18 AM.
Simply Hiiragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 12:54 AM   #5
XxLordxX
Holy Headbanger Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
What type of release I'm hoping for? Well make Anime episodes for the rest of the Manga. But this will not happen.
Hahahaha. Same here... Let's just hope if they manage to sell some good volume of DVDs they'll consider a second season.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:09 AM   #6
Simply Hiiragi
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxLordxX View Post
Hahahaha. Same here... Let's just hope if they manage to sell some good volume of DVDs they'll consider a second season.
I think everyone would like to see a second season. I'm still hoping they might at some point since there's still plenty to work with. Until then we can only hope and dream.
Simply Hiiragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 02:33 AM   #7
Misao
Posting Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepgoesmeep View Post
Now that LS has been relicensed by Funimation we can expect it to be released again in english some time soon.

What type of release are you hopng for? I'd personally like it to be one full-series box, all episodes together rather than as volumes.
Though it seems more likely that it'll be spread across 2 volumes.
The OVA is being released too, do you think it'll be dubbed?.

And those of you who already own Bandai's releases, will you buy this too to help with the sales and show Funi that we're willing to buy this sort of thing?
I want to see the final set of episodes in a box set, in particular! Why? Because BANDAI canceled their version of it. :(

Also, I wanna see the OVA dubbed. That takes time to get the original cast together though, and money. It would be great for the VAs to have a reunion again! I know that Kari Wahlgren isn't doing as much anime these days because, I hear, she can only do union shows now. Who knows.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1268457898

Last edited by Misao; 10-06-2014 at 05:18 AM.
Misao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 05:04 AM   #8
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Hoping above all else that the OVA gets a dub. And FUNimation will most likely make it a DVD/BD combo set, as that's been their MO for the last few years.
Currently Watching: Darling in the FRANXX, My Hero Academia, Persona 5: The Animation
3DS Friend Code: 0318-9160-3343
Shiraishi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 05:19 AM   #9
Misao
Posting Freak

I remember watching the OVA and for some reason I can now only remember it in English! ... there IS no English dub of it! The mind tricks you in strange ways.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1268457898
Misao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 05:25 AM   #10
Inikalord
Introverted Laziness

Please for the love of Haruhi, let the OVA be dubbed.
Inikalord is offline   Reply With Quote