Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > Lucky Star > Anime > Miyakawa-ke no Kuufuku

Old 05-14-2013, 08:13 PM   #11
Jassassino
Il Principe

Love the background tracks to this, they're actually pretty noticeable and catchy too.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:31 PM   #12
Droote
No longer Lonely European

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misao View Post
They're doing that because they say her sister is so poor that she's still trying to get the funds to complete the ending. See??? See??? They worked in the theme of poverty into the end credits IT'S FUNNY HA!!!!
It was funny the first time, but now it is the same joke over and over again. It's not funny anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actar View Post
Seriously though, what were you expecting? (^.^)
I expected something along the lines of Lucky Star.
Droote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:03 PM   #13
Misao
Posting Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droote View Post
I expected something along the lines of Lucky Star.
BOOOOOOM there it is!

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1268457898
Misao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:18 AM   #14
XxLordxX
Holy Headbanger Knight

I'm with Droote, I'm not liking this show too much.. I think my expectations were too high, IMHO it's far from Lucky Star level, and that ending was cool the first time, now it's getting annoying... However I think if they put some more work, like making the OP, completing the f-word-ing ending and make eps longer (c'mon I wait one week to watch 5 min?!) it can be good, but for now it's not too good, BUT it's not bad at all, I quite like Hikage, and I see Hinata as a mix of Konata and Miyuki (don't think I'm weird), the thing of their poverty is not a bad theme and such, but there are the problems I mentioned above. Just my 2 cents
Old 05-16-2013, 01:35 AM   #15
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Well, this IS directed by the guy who was kicked off of the original Lucky Star anime after directing only five episodes due to "creative differences" and later got fired from Kyoto Animation as a whole after trying to unsuccessfully win his job as Lucky Star director back. Not to mention his rather egotistical statements regarding shows he made such as Black Rock Shooter and Fractale, both of which have wildly differing reception depending on who you talk to.

I think the mixed reception of Miyakawa-ke no Kuufuku was something to be expected.
Currently Watching: FLCL Progressive, Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card, My Hero Academia, Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma, GeGeGe no Kitaro (2018), Lupin the Third: Part V, Persona 5: The Animation, Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory
3DS Friend Code: 0318-9160-3343
Shiraishi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:53 AM   #16
Misao
Posting Freak

It's not a lot of material to adapt. How much can he mess it up?? :D

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1268457898
Misao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:50 AM   #17
Actar
Otaku University Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxLordxX View Post
...make eps longer (c'mon I wait one week to watch 5 min?!)
But as I said, there's only one volume of the manga out now, and it's only 100-odd pages... The manga has 26 chapters and they're adapting 1 chapter of the manga per week, making it 26 5-minute episodes.

Some say that the show is horribly cruel or distasteful and that the jokes get old. Personally, I feel that the main themes of the show are love, understanding and tolerance. Hikage loves her sister and bears not eating meat so that her sister can enjoy her hobby. Hinata loves her sister and goes out of her way to help and care for her when the time calls for it.

I can't go into greater detail due to potential spoilers, but eventually, much more will be revealed about the characters and we'll see some really funny and heartfelt scenes. Not to mention, we haven't even been introduced to Hikage's classmates yet.

For all releases of Miyakawa-ke no Kuufuku: Blog~ ( ̄‿‿ ̄)
Actar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:23 AM   #18
XxLordxX
Holy Headbanger Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actar View Post
But as I said, there's only one volume of the manga out now, and it's only 100-odd pages... The manga has 26 chapters and they're adapting 1 chapter of the manga per week, making it 26 5-minute episodes.

Some say that the show is horribly cruel or distasteful and that the jokes get old. Personally, I feel that the main themes of the show are love, understanding and tolerance. Hikage loves her sister and bears not eating meat so that her sister can enjoy her hobby. Hinata loves her sister and goes out of her way to help and care for her when the time calls for it.

I can't go into greater detail due to potential spoilers, but eventually, much more will be revealed about the characters and we'll see some really funny and heartfelt scenes. Not to mention, we haven't even been introduced to Hikage's classmates yet.
Hope it gets better as you said ^^. The theme is... Well... I will not speak anything, I think I will let it roll a little more... But I expected some of the original LS cast, there were so much hype about some of the voice actors going to make the voice again.. Well, will give it a little time then lol
Old 05-19-2013, 08:48 PM   #19
Phantom
Woooo~ I'm a ghost!

It's a short. I enjoy shorts.