Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > Community > Announcements

Old 07-03-2014, 04:08 PM   #1
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

Forbidden Words

As some of you may have noticed there are certain words that you can't use in your posts on this forum, it gives you an error message if you try to post them in a sentence, though they seem to work if you use just the word by itself.
It seems to block gambling related terms, I'll test out a few to see if there are any more.
Here's a short list of some words that are forbidden:

That's all I can remember at the moment, I'll update this post with more as they're discovered or remembered, if you know any post them below :3
or use this thread to test for words that you think could potentially be forbidden~
If you must use one of these words just replace one of the letters in it with a similar character, hent@i, p0ker or cas1no for example

Last edited by sheepgoesmeep; 07-03-2014 at 04:57 PM.
sheepgoesmeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:58 PM   #2
Phil
Waiting for the Clouds

Why the card game and money betting one? ... Yeah if course we see why but thats stupid.

Also it seems you can use following dangerous words:
Spoiler: show

-poop
-airhead
-Michael Bay
-Nu Metal
-opinion
-evil
-Pimpmobile
-Chumpette
-90s
-Perestroika
Old 07-03-2014, 05:07 PM   #3
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

from KC's recent troubles in the U be Illin' thread I assume some drug and medicine related words are blocked too, we'll have to test some
Old 07-03-2014, 05:45 PM   #4
TornadoAdvisory
The Imminent Storm

Testing...

EDIT: Seems the word "rape" isn't banned. Will try out other risque words to see what happens.

NOT BANNED:

- rom (I've seen message boards frown at this word before)
- emulator (same as above)
- rape
- futanari
- Blackjack (How it blocks p0ker and cas1no but not this is beyond me)
- Methamphetamine

BANNED:

- none yet that I've found.

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1162-0082

Last edited by TornadoAdvisory; 07-03-2014 at 06:08 PM.
TornadoAdvisory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 06:06 PM   #5
VK-Skelton
Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Why the card game and money betting one? ... Yeah if course we see why but thats stupid.
Because the function of the word filter has never been to censor, shall we say, blue language, but rather to circumvent automated ad bots. Although I don't have access to the list right now, words banned are generally for this reason (from this thread alone, words related to medicine and gambling are out, while, as TA pointed out, words that might seem worse yet are less likely to be used by adbots are allowed).

That said, the word filter is kinda outdated now as we have other ways of handling it. I'll ask Laturi to look into it.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:24 PM   #6
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

^ ooh that makes sense, I had a feeling it would block some words for that reason, as people can use all sorts of colourful language without problems.
If the filter is no longer necessary it'd be nice if it could be removed, but we're not too desperate to get rid of it, as long as we know what not to post we can avoid running into errors fairly easily ^_^
Old 07-03-2014, 08:40 PM   #7
Kid Charlemagne
OH, ****! SHE KNOWS!

Ah, that's it. I mentioned the brand name of at least one med (generic Gaviscon)

EDIT: It just let me post Gaviscon. I tried the generic med name "losartan", and it let me post that. However, it gave me the "Forbidden" message on the generic med name "p@ntopr@zole". Weird.

Americanda Forever!

Last edited by Kid Charlemagne; 07-03-2014 at 08:45 PM.
Kid Charlemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 08:20 AM   #8
Aristobulus
Violet☆Star

Personally I'd like it if the filter was removed, or at least changed. I'm not sure if the filter is what is keeping bots from spamming us anyway.
Old 07-04-2014, 02:45 PM   #9
XxLordxX
Holy Headbanger Knight

^Actually I think it is sorta of protecting us from the spam bots, just h3ntai that I think shouldn't be in the list. About the first part, if you pay attention there are many members who don't have even 1 post and are banned. Their posts didn't appear because of the filter, now imagine what would happen if they all had their posts published! It would be horrible!
Old 08-05-2014, 06:20 PM   #10
Aristobulus
Violet☆Star

I'd really like to do something about this. I'm tired of having posts eaten by the censor and not just having to figure out what was censored, but it deletes the entire post and I lose the whole thing.