Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > Lucky Star > General Discussion > Merchandise

Old 04-15-2016, 11:59 PM   #1
Misao
Posting Freak

Funimation's Lucky Star Home Release

It's been a long time since Funimation announced their acquisition of Lucky Star, and we were wondering what they'd do with it after months of seemingly nothing. Now we have our answer! Or at least one answer.

The Funimation edition of Lucky Star will be released in July, and come in Blu-ray and DVD formats. It will include the entire series plus the OVA! The OVA is pretty much going to be Japanese-only, as they made no announcement that they dubbed it.

http://shop.funimation.com/The-Complete-Series-OVA_4

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1268457898
Misao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 01:01 AM   #2
Simply Hiiragi
-

I have the anime legends complete set of LS that Bandai released, but since Funimation will be releasing it on bluray I will definitely be re-buying it now. I was hoping for some type of limited edition box set, but oh well at least it's finally on bluray now and maybe it will gain some new fans in the process. Again I do plan on re-buying LS so at least we finally got an announcement about it.
Simply Hiiragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 02:43 AM   #3
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

For the record, both the Rightstuf and FUNimation Store listings state that all the special features of the Bandai DVDs are getting ported over (Adventures of Minoru Shiraishi, Key Scenes galleries, interviews, textless OP/EDs, etc), so this'll be a worthwhile upgrade.

This also pretty much confirms that whatever Japanese special features that were on the Bandai DVDs for Haruhi Suzumiya will most likely make it to the FUNimation BD, though the status of the ASOS Brigade episodes is up in the air.
Currently Watching: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind, Release the Spyce, Senran Kagura: SHINOVI MASTER, Heartcatch Precure!, SSSS.Gridman
Currently Playing: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Super Castlevania IV, Super Mario World, Mega Man: Legacy Collection
3DS Friend Code: 0318-9160-3343
Shiraishi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 03:28 AM   #4
Kid Charlemagne
Meri Kurisumasu!

I already have the original Bandai DVD set of the series, so I doubt it would be worth it for me to buy the whole set just to get the OVA.

Of course, if I actually win that PCH Sweepstakes I keep entering... ^_^
Old 04-16-2016, 04:12 AM   #5
Misao
Posting Freak

I only have the last BANDAI volume. I'm satisfied though. I saw the entire series already.

Old 04-16-2016, 04:13 AM   #6
Thane of Cawdor
Yuri connoisseur advisor

Will the sub translations be any better? Or like will they exactly match the dub? I find it odd how a dub and sub at the same are not the same words.
Old 04-16-2016, 08:38 PM   #7
GenerallyBananas
Night Owl

Yay! I'll definitely pick it up now. I heard the Bandai DVDs were kind of rubbish
Steam
3DS Friend Code: 2707 - 2715 - 7452
Switch Friend Code: SW-1462-7138-4810
GenerallyBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 08:45 PM   #8
Misao
Posting Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenerallyBananas View Post
Yay! I'll definitely pick it up now. I heard the Bandai DVDs were kind of rubbish
Have u seen the official BANDAI Lucky Star website lately? Ugh.

Old 04-16-2016, 11:05 PM   #9
Kid Charlemagne
Meri Kurisumasu!

The Bandai DVDs were acceptable to me, but then, I do not claim to be a connoisseur of DVDs.
Old 04-21-2016, 04:08 PM   #10
Konata Fan

Which do you like?
JP-dubbed or EN-dubbed?
Personally speaking, I like the JP one, because it's more "original".
Konata Fan is offline   Reply With Quote