Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > General > Anime & Manga

Old 01-01-2018, 05:04 PM   #2461
Kid Charlemagne
Antique Flatulence

I finished my DVD set of Season 1 of Is The Order A Rabbit? (Gochiusa).

I am pleased with this anime. It gave me what I expected and wanted; cute girls doing cute things (my usual preferred type of anime). ^_^

I plan to get around to Season 2 when I can.

No explicit yuri to it; that is, nothing that might not merely be deep friendship instead. Maybe Season 2 will change that.

IF YOUR DERP LASTS LONGER THAN 4 HOURS, SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION.

Last edited by Kid Charlemagne; 01-13-2018 at 12:06 AM.
Kid Charlemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 03:17 AM   #2462
Gondolin
The Hidden Rock

After hearing the immense praise it has received in recent weeks, I watched Houseki no Kuni over the past two days.

I was skeptical of the CGI before going into it, but sure enough it ended up being the most well animated CG anime I've ever seen. It took a little bit to get used to the difference in how the camera is used and the types of cuts that are done compared to normal 2D shows, but in the end I think it utilized its medium to great effect- mostly due to a couple of powers some of the characters are shown to have, which are hard to imagine as being more impressive in 2D.

Unfortunately, it ends on a pretty strong 'read the manga' note, but the world itself and its characters were well constructed enough to have completely hooked me, so I'm definitely putting the manga on my to-read list. All in all a pleasant end-of-season surprise. Now to watch Made in Abyss...
Old 01-03-2018, 04:50 AM   #2463
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Going through a rewatch of Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy since I'm about halfway through a playthrough of Danganronpa 2 and I'm an impatient little fucker. Lots of stuff I didn't notice in my first viewing. Tons of small bits of foreshadowing.
Currently Watching: Darling in the FRANXX, My Hero Academia, Persona 5: The Animation
3DS Friend Code: 0318-9160-3343
Shiraishi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 03:51 PM   #2464
GenerallyBananas
Night Owl

Just finished watching Ben-To for a podcast yesterday.

I overall really liked it and it was sometimes able to make me laugh more than any show has in a while, but it's very inconsistent with it's quality.
It's full of great ideas, great comedy and kickass moments, but it also has a couple of really boring episodes, boring misunderstanding humor and a few messy plot points.
I would overall recommend it, and would even go back and rewatch some of the better bits.

Other show's I've watched in the past few months for the podcast are:

- A Dark Rabbit Has Seven Lives terrible, nothing is ever explained and you never know what's going on

- Sands of Destruction Stupid, stupid, stupid. The main character's motivations, the driving force of the show, make no sense

- Masou Gakuen HxH Wasted potential. This show about a guy who charges girl's superpowers by making them orgasm, and it could have been great if it didn't act so coy about it's raunchyness. It could have been a show where sexuality was a core aspect of the story, but it refused to go all out and ended up being a boring piece of garbage that was too raunchy to take seriously but not raunchy enough to be appealing in that sense

- C - The Money of Soul and Possibility Control This show was interesting enough in the first half, turning economics into, surprisingly enough, a battle series, and doing it interestingly, but it shot itself in the foot in the last ark, when it tried to have a high stakes conflict at the end and executed it horribly

- Akiba's Trip Not bad. It had some good comedy and I enjoyed it
Steam
3DS Friend Code: 2707 - 2715 - 7452
Switch Friend Code: SW-1462-7138-4810
GenerallyBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:41 AM   #2465
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Since I'll be going out to watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha: Reflection next month, I figure now is as good a time as any to rewatch the first two seasons for a refresher course.
Currently Watching: Darling in the FRANXX, My Hero Academia, Persona 5: The Animation
Old 01-12-2018, 05:40 AM   #2466
Misao
Posting Freak

What are the chances that two of the shows I want to watch this season are both on services I don't have a subscription to and do not want to start one???

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1268457898
Misao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:35 AM   #2467
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misao View Post
What are the chances that two of the shows I want to watch this season are both on services I don't have a subscription to and do not want to start one???
Which shows are they? Only services I'm aware of are Crunchyroll, HIDIVE, Netflix and FunimationNow. Basically anything on FunimationNow goes to Crunchyroll anyway due to their partnership deal, and Netflix has that hard-on for three-month delays.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:18 PM   #2468
Misao
Posting Freak

Violet Evergarden is Netflix exclusive. I am trying to watch Takunomi which is Hi-DIVE exclusive.

Old 01-13-2018, 01:39 PM   #2469
GenerallyBananas
Night Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiraishi-kun View Post
Which shows are they? Only services I'm aware of are Crunchyroll, HIDIVE, Netflix and FunimationNow. Basically anything on FunimationNow goes to Crunchyroll anyway due to their partnership deal, and Netflix has that hard-on for three-month delays.
You forgot VRV
Steam
3DS Friend Code: 2707 - 2715 - 7452
Switch Friend Code: SW-1462-7138-4810
GenerallyBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 03:11 PM   #2470
Misao
Posting Freak

Crunchyroll and Funimation basically ARE VRV, along with Rooster Teeth and many others.