Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > Lucky Star > Anime > Miyakawa-ke no Kuufuku

Old 05-02-2013, 10:49 PM   #1
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Miyakawa-ke no Kuufuku (Miya-K Fansub Discussion and Feedback)

This is a discussion thread for Miya-K Translations, a fansub group comprised of myself, steenuil and Actar of Lucky Star Shrine Forums.

This thread will allow you all to easily find our releases (which will be posted here as soon as they are available) of the Lucky Star anime spin-off Miyakawa-ke no Kuufuku. You can also use this thread to discuss the releases themselves and provide feedback to the team as to how we can improve our releases. The team will largely be using this thread to talk about general release information and discussion outside of what we talk about through PM and Skype.

So, continuing from what we were talking about in the episode 1 thread, I like Steenuil's idea of making a V4 release of MKNK1 using the higher-quality RAW that we've been provided with, compiled with my updated script for episode 1. Anything that you guys want to add?
Currently Watching: Digimon Tamers, Aura Battler Dunbine, Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card, My Hero Academia, Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma, Mahou Shoujo Ore, GeGeGe no Kitaro (2018), Lupin the Third: Part V, Persona 5: The Animation, Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory
Currently Playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana, Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
3DS Friend Code: 0318-9160-3343
Shiraishi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:53 PM   #2
VK-Skelton
Witch

Thread stuck
Old 05-02-2013, 10:58 PM   #3
steenuil

No, not a v4, a v1 with [Miya-k] as a name instead of the one I've been using. Besides the script and the timing need some adjustments too.
steenuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:59 PM   #4
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by VK-Skelton View Post
Thread stuck
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steenuil View Post
No, not a v4, a v1 with [Miya-k] as a name instead of the one I've been using. Besides the script and the timing need some adjustments too.
Ah, yeah, that's a much better idea. Besides, I need to make one or two extra tweaks to the translation for an actual V1 release under the Miya-K name (I made a typographical error in one early scene, and I need to add a translation of what's said in the opening credit shot).
Currently Watching: Digimon Tamers, Aura Battler Dunbine, Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card, My Hero Academia, Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma, Mahou Shoujo Ore, GeGeGe no Kitaro (2018), Lupin the Third: Part V, Persona 5: The Animation, Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory
Currently Playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana, Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
Old 05-02-2013, 11:03 PM   #5
steenuil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiraishi-kun View Post
Ah, yeah, that's a much better idea. Besides, I need to make one or two extra tweaks to the translation for an actual V1 release under the Miya-K name.
Alright, just pm me with a link to the subs file whenever you're done and I'll add the right fonts and compile the release into an mkv.
steenuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:04 PM   #6
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by steenuil View Post
Alright, just pm me with a link to the subs file whenever you're done and I'll add the right fonts and compile the release into an mkv.
Okay. Thanks, man.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:10 AM   #7
Actar
Otaku University Student

Whee!!! We have our own thread! (^o^)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiraishi-kun View Post
Ah, yeah, that's a much better idea. Besides, I need to make one or two extra tweaks to the translation for an actual V1 release under the Miya-K name (I made a typographical error in one early scene, and I need to add a translation of what's said in the opening credit shot).
Yup, I was just about to suggest the same thing. In fact, now that we're taking things seriously, I re-looked at the edited script and have a number of minor changes that I would like to make.

(0:01) It's 9pm on Monday! All assembled!

(0:14) 300,000 yen -> 30,000 yen

- Yup.

(0:43) Kage-chan -> Hikage-chan

- Hinata does indeed say Hikage-chan, though the Hi is very soft.

(1:49) What do I do? -> What should I do?

- A little more natural.

(3:04) Half -> Halve

- To halve is to cut something in half.

(3:07) Why do otaku always cut back on their food expenses? -> Why do otaku always start with their food expenses?

- More accurate translation.

(3:50) I've already made the down payment, but it seems this is all they have made -> I've only made the down payment, so it seems this is all they were able to make.

- More accurate translation and it flows better into the following lines.

---------

Would it be possible to implement these changes? There's one more possible change that I'll need to check up on, so I'll post back here later today once I get that sorted out.

Also, Shiraishi-kun, I'm giving you free-reign to rephrase anything you find unwieldy or unnatural, but it would be great if you could let me go through the final script one more time after the QC. If you are unsure about anything with regard to what the characters say or what information is important in the dialogue, don't hesitate to ask. I want to make this as good as possible in terms of both flow and accuracy. With the two of us working on it, I believe it can be done! (^.^)

One other thing that I would like to consult with you on is regarding Hinata's neeeees and youuuuus. Do you think it would be appropriate to put a ~ after every sentence she decides to do that? On one hand, it conveys her speaking style, but on the other hand, it might get a little distracting.

Lastly, are you going to continue to post the episodes on YouTube? I really think we should add that 'u' and put 'English Subbed' in the title. I typed in Miyakawa-ke Kuufuku and our video failed to turn up. (^.^;)

Steenuil, are we going/able to typeset signs and stuff? If not we could just use simple TL/QC Notes for the time being.

Once again, thanks guys for the phenomenal work!

---------

Seriously, fansubbing is more work than I had initially expected!

For all releases of Miyakawa-ke no Kuufuku: Blog~ ( ̄‿‿ ̄)

Last edited by Actar; 05-03-2013 at 12:13 AM.
Actar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:13 AM   #8
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actar View Post
Whee!!! We have our own thread! (^o^)

Yup, I was just about to suggest the same thing. In fact, now that we're taking things seriously, I re-looked at the edited script and have a number of minor changes that I would like to make.

(0:01) It's 9pm on Monday! All assembled!

(0:14) 300,000 yen -> 30,000 yen

- Yup.

(0:43) Kage-chan -> Hikage-chan

- Hinata does indeed say Hikage-chan, though the Hi is very soft.

(1:49) What do I do? -> What should I do?

- A little more natural.

(3:04) Half -> Halve

- To halve is to cut something in half.

(3:07) Why do otaku always cut back on their food expenses? -> Why do otaku always start with their food expenses?

- More accurate translation.

(3:50) I've already made the down payment, but it seems this is all they have made -> I've only made the down payment, so it seems this is all they were able to make.

- More accurate translation and it flows better into the following lines.

---------

Would it be possible to implement these changes? There's more possible change that I'll need to check up on, so I'll post back here later today once I get that sorted out.

Also, Shiraishi-kun, I'm giving you free-reign to rephrase anything you find unwieldy or unnatural, but it would be great if you could let me go through the final script one more time after the QC. If you are unsure about anything with regard to what the characters say or what information is important in the dialogue, don't hesitate to ask. I want to make this as good as possible in terms of both flow and accuracy. With the two of us working on it, I believe it can be done! (^.^)

One other thing that I would like to consult with you on is regarding Hinata's neeeees and youuuuus. Do you think it would be appropriate to put a ~ after every sentence she decides to do that? On one hand, it conveys her speaking style, but on the other hand, it might get a little distracting.

Lastly, are you going to continue to post the episodes on YouTube? I really think we should add that 'u' and put 'English Subbed' in the title. I typed in Miyakawa-ke Kuufuku and our video failed to turn up. (^.^;)

Steenuil, are we going/able to typeset signs and stuff? If not we could just use simple TL/QC Notes for the time being.

Once again, thanks guys for the phenomenal work!

---------

Seriously, fansubbing is more work than I had initially expected!
Thanks. I'll make the edits now and give then to Steenuil.

Didn't know there were so many errors left. :P
Old 05-03-2013, 12:17 AM   #9
Actar
Otaku University Student

^ There's one more thing I need to check up on, so hold the final release! (^.^) I'll get back to you guys later today.

Also, do you think it's better to PM this kind of information? Or would posting it in this thread be fine as well?

For all releases of Miyakawa-ke no Kuufuku: Blog~ ( ̄‿‿ ̄)
Actar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:18 AM   #10
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

^ you have a thread specifically for your subs, i say use it as much as you want :3