Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > Lucky Star > Manga

Old 12-28-2010, 09:07 AM   #11
Supernova141
NEVER COME BACK YANDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droote View Post
Also, we never get to see or hear about Ayano's boyfriend in the anime, let alone know that he is Misao's brother.
Supernova141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:06 PM   #12
furball
Facetious Troll Mod

Quote:
Also, we never get to see or hear about Ayano's boyfriend in the anime, let alone know that he is Misao's brother.
furball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:43 PM   #13
Z008MJ
I am who i am!

Quote:
I'd recommend the manga as well. It involves more than the anime. Beside the anime only covers a bit more than the three first volumes of the manga, and as of today there are eight volumes released. In other words, there are a lot more Lucky Star available through the manga than the anime.
Well, good thing i am checking back here then to then. You put it in a better way, thanks.

Will check it out.
Z008MJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:05 AM   #14
Droote
No longer Lonely European

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball View Post
[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/33k4x3q.jpg[/snop]
Sorry, it is her brother. Sorry if I spoiled it all for someone.
Droote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:44 AM   #15
LuckyLordess22

actually, most anime is very similar to the manga, but I feel that the manga is alot more authentice than the anime, plus it was the first thing to come out, so its what the writer wanted it to be origianally. so buy the manga, then watch the anime!
lol sorry I haven't been on in a while guys, its just that I've just started high school and everything's really crazy right now. Especially with my best girl freind dying in a house fire. I love you Taylor Beth Kelly, make a beautiful angel for me Hun! :')
LuckyLordess22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:47 AM   #16
ronelm2000
Kazumiism/Yuiism Author

I partly disagree. Kyoto Animation makes the best anime-original non-manga-based yet manga-inspired part. =P But yes manga before anime, as it is more advanced. XD
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:15 PM   #17
VK-Skelton
Witch

Well, the obvious difference is that the manga can go on longer than the anime (unless there's another adaptation in the future).
A lot of shows experience an adaptation that's marginally inferior to the original, but I think the anime stands up well by itself. Hell, it kept me entertained for however long it took me to start reading the manga.
The anime pretty faithfully adapts the manga for most of it's run, but there are a couple instances where it has original material, and, of course, it leaves out a lot of the more recent manga material as it hadn't been made by then, heh.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:00 AM   #18
Kalogeros
ShyGuy's #2 Fan

For the most part, I kinda prefer the manga, but the Anime Tenchou skits in the anime are awesome. Episode 24 and the OVA were good too, for original material. Also, I can't help but try to imagine their japanese voices even when I read the manga now, because the voice actors were incredible. Well, maybe watching the anime actually made the manga even better for me. :P
Kalogeros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:14 PM   #19
Veldin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalogeros View Post
For the most part, I kinda prefer the manga, but the Anime Tenchou skits in the anime are awesome. Episode 24 and the OVA were good too, for original material. Also, I can't help but try to imagine their japanese voices even when I read the manga now, because the voice actors were incredible. Well, maybe watching the anime actually made the manga even better for me. :P

+1!
+1! damn,
you are so right!
Veldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:14 PM   #20
Droote
No longer Lonely European

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalogeros View Post
Well, maybe watching the anime actually made the manga even better for me. :P
I think it did for me too actually. Just how I like the Azumanga anime better because I read the Azumanga manga first.
Droote is offline   Reply With Quote