Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > Lucky Star > Manga

Old 11-28-2013, 07:14 AM   #11
Tsukasa Hiiragi
柊つかさ

This is what I've done so far, Its a headache since the raw images I have - whilst moderately clear - some of the complex kanji are squished together so I might have to either get the manga, or ask my friend who has it to take some high resolution images of the furigana thats blurry. I really need to start practicing Japanese language again >.> It'll take me several months just to get the rough drafts in place, then a few more months of going through the text and double checking the translations and making them sound realistic, because we know ~ a direct Japanese > English translating is going to sound strange, so some creativity will be needed to rework some of the sentences.

Last edited by Tsukasa Hiiragi; 11-28-2013 at 07:17 AM.
Tsukasa Hiiragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 02:16 PM   #12
zetnix

Thank you very much for translating it for us, please take it at your own pace and don't stress yourself out :D
zetnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 06:32 PM   #13
tyfan22
Konata's lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukasa Hiiragi View Post
This is what I've done so far, Its a headache since the raw images I have - whilst moderately clear - some of the complex kanji are squished together so I might have to either get the manga, or ask my friend who has it to take some high resolution images of the furigana thats blurry. I really need to start practicing Japanese language again >.> It'll take me several months just to get the rough drafts in place, then a few more months of going through the text and double checking the translations and making them sound realistic, because we know ~ a direct Japanese > English translating is going to sound strange, so some creativity will be needed to rework some of the sentences.

WE HAVE A HERO
tyfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 01:47 AM   #14
Inikalord
Introverted Laziness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyfan22 View Post
WE HAVE A HERO
We're holding out for this hero through the morning light!
Inikalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:30 PM   #15
Tsukasa Hiiragi
柊つかさ

What I'm going to do is write out the rough drafts in both its pure Japanese form, and romaji and upload the document online somewhere. Also, for now - any of the dialogue that I'm not even remotely sure on, I'll write in red text so that can be worked on at a later date.

For now, I think its just best for me to concentrate on the easy stuff and then, stress out later on the shorthand text and complex kanji.

Old 11-30-2013, 12:30 AM   #16
tyfan22
Konata's lover

Quote:
What I'm going to do is write out the rough drafts in both its pure Japanese form, and romaji and upload the document online somewhere. Also, for now - any of the dialogue that I'm not even remotely sure on, I'll write in red text so that can be worked on at a later date.

For now, I think its just best for me to concentrate on the easy stuff and then, stress out later on the shorthand text and complex kanji.
THANK YOU SO MUCH

make sure to give us the link for it :L
tyfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:32 AM   #17
Tsukasa Hiiragi
柊つかさ

The first full panels are finished, almost finished with the next page. Red text, I'm not confident with the translation and something I will refine/adjust later. But, basically I'll next post when the first chapter is complete and I'm still trying to find a place to store these online + the document file I'm writing.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #18
XxLordxX
Holy Headbanger Knight

Quote:
The first full panels are finished, almost finished with the next page. Red text, I'm not confident with the translation and something I will refine/adjust later. But, basically I'll next post when the first chapter is complete and I'm still trying to find a place to store these online + the document file I'm writing.

\--Snip--\
Nice work Tsukasa! Now I think you should upload to Dropbox or Google Drive, they have a nice software that auto syncs your folder with your cloud, but it depends of the size you'll be using... Dropbox has 2GB free, and for each one who creates an account by your reference you get 500MB. And Google Drive you get 15GB free. I never tried the Drive software on my laptop (there's no Linux option :( ), but I know Dropbox works well ;). It's up to you to decide now.

Hope this helps hehe.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:20 AM   #19
Tsukasa Hiiragi
柊つかさ

This completes the first chapter minus a few small sentences which are proving hard since I don't have access to the manga, and the raw image is too grainy.
Spoiler: show

Last edited by Beyond Birthday; 12-13-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:28 AM   #20
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

Awesome, good job Tsukasa :D
I have to agree with them, Hiyori's super-cute