Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > General > Books, Film, TV and Music

Old 11-06-2015, 06:27 AM   #1
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Star Wars: Episode VII -- The Force Awakens

A month until release? I think it's time for a thread.

Star Wars: Episode VII -- The Force Awakens is the seventh main series release in the Star Wars franchise created by George Lucas, set to be released in theaters December 18th. Directed by J.J. Abrams (Star Trek, Super 8) and written by both Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan (Star Wars: Episode V -- The Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark), it takes place after the fall of the Empire in Return of the Jedi and follows new characters Rey (Daisy Ridley) and Finn (John Boyega) as they combat the First Order led by Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) alongside original trilogy protagonists Han Solo (Harrison Ford), Chewbacca the Wookiee (Peter Mayhew), Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher) and Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill).

(Final Trailer)

I can't help but be excited for this. Literally everything about this, from the director to the writer to the music to the trailer, looks amazing. Plus, it's Star Wars! It brings me back to the days when everything about the series was still fresh to me, to when I saw The Phantom Menace in theaters at age 5, or when dad brought home VHS tapes of the original trilogy from Hollywood Video and I saw them for the first time. I realize I may be setting myself up for disappointment, but I feel certain that Abrams, Kasdan and the rest of the cast and crew can deliver a film worthy of the name Star Wars.
Currently Watching: Darling in the FRANXX, My Hero Academia, Persona 5: The Animation
3DS Friend Code: 0318-9160-3343
Shiraishi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 12:41 PM   #2
Misao
Posting Freak

Dude you DO NOT EVEN. Though, I'm clearly going to wait until the hype in theaters dies down. I don't wanna go to a theater opening night and be caught in the roudy crowds.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1268457898
Misao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 05:37 PM   #3
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misao View Post
Dude you DO NOT EVEN. Though, I'm clearly going to wait until the hype in theaters dies down. I don't wanna go to a theater opening night and be caught in the roudy crowds.
Same. Probably gonna go on Christmas and treat my family.

Also, I'm totally buying Kylo Ren's crossguard lightsaber. Because I'm twelve or something.
Currently Watching: Darling in the FRANXX, My Hero Academia, Persona 5: The Animation

Last edited by Shiraishi-kun; 11-06-2015 at 05:39 PM.
Old 11-06-2015, 06:21 PM   #4
Gondolin
The Hidden Rock

I still dislike how all the EU stuff no longer holds any water as far as canon is concerned, because there were some really cool things that went down and seeing that stuff kind of pushed to the side sucks, but I'm still really interested in seeing what Abrams does with this.

Kylo Ren is looking to be a pretty cool cat
Old 11-07-2015, 12:59 AM   #5
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

I'm so excited, I'm willing to put up with the crowds and go soon after release if it means I'll have a better chance of avoiding spoilers.
I'll go with my dad and brother, hopefully on the 18th or 19th
Old 11-07-2015, 04:34 AM   #6
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gondolin View Post
I still dislike how all the EU stuff no longer holds any water as far as canon is concerned, because there were some really cool things that went down and seeing that stuff kind of pushed to the side sucks, but I'm still really interested in seeing what Abrams does with this.

Kylo Ren is looking to be a pretty cool cat
Lol, you're not the only one. My sister initially said something about the Thrawn trilogy being adapted in some form before I told her that those got retconned.
Old 11-07-2015, 11:43 PM   #7
GenerallyBananas
Night Owl

Managed to find an english screening in Milan so were going to go on the 18th I believe. It's going to be me, my mun, sister and a friend. I've been keeping myself as far away from the hype as is possible, but now that we actually have tickets it's really hard not to get exited
Steam
3DS Friend Code: 2707 - 2715 - 7452
Switch Friend Code: SW-1462-7138-4810
GenerallyBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 10:55 PM   #8
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

Until a little while ago I thought it was going to be released worldwide on the 18th, but no. It'll be released in most of Europe on the 16th, UK and Germany on the 17th and the US and Japan on the 18th.

This pleases me greatly
Old 11-11-2015, 11:54 PM   #9
XxLordxX
Holy Headbanger Knight

I don't know when it will be released in Brazil.. Although I'm pretty sure I will go with my friends watch this if possible. Of course I'll be wearing my Star Wars T-Shirt and there is the possibility that I will bring my toy lightsaber -- if it still exists lol.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:53 AM   #10
Misao
Posting Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepgoesmeep View Post
Until a little while ago I thought it was going to be released worldwide on the 18th, but no. It'll be released in most of Europe on the 16th, UK and Germany on the 17th and the US and Japan on the 18th.

This pleases me greatly
It shall be a global EXPLOSION.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1268457898
Misao is offline   Reply With Quote