Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > General > Books, Film, TV and Music

Old 02-01-2015, 11:26 PM   #1
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Power Rangers Wild Force Star, Ricardo Medina Jr., Arrested for Murder

Well, this came out of bloody nowhere.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/02/01/power-...-murder-sword/

36-year-old actor and male stripper (yeah, that was a thing) Ricardo Medina Jr. was arrested for the murder of his roommate, Joshua Sutter, also 36. According to authorities, Medina had retreated into his room with his girlfriend when Sutter forcefully entered the room. After a reportedly heated argument, Medina stabbed Sutter with a sword, and afterwards, Medina called authorities, and was arrested on the spot for murder. Sutter was taken to a hospital and pronounced dead on arrival.

He is currently in custody, with bail set at one million dollars.

Ricardo Medina Jr. is best known as Cole Evans, the Red Ranger for Power Rangers Wild Force, and Deker from Power Rangers Samurai. He has worked as a male stripper for a number of years after Wild Force ended, and was also a contestant on the VH1 reality show Kept.
Currently Watching: Digimon Tamers, Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card, My Hero Academia, Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma, GeGeGe no Kitaro (2018), Lupin the Third: Part V, Persona 5: The Animation, Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory
3DS Friend Code: 0318-9160-3343
Shiraishi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 01:37 AM   #2
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

oh dang, I wonder if it was self defence.
Spoiler: show
i can't help imagining the sword in question being a prop from Wild Force, but that'd be silly
Old 02-02-2015, 03:04 AM   #3
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepgoesmeep View Post
oh dang, I wonder if it was self defence.
Spoiler: show
i can't help imagining the sword in question being a prop from Wild Force, but that'd be silly
According to the Police report, Medina's statements seem to suggest Sutter initiating the attack, to which Medina responded. It certainly appears to be self-defense. Besides, I can't really believe that someone would call the cops after they murdered someone in cold blood, so that also makes self-defense more likely.
Currently Watching: Digimon Tamers, Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card, My Hero Academia, Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma, GeGeGe no Kitaro (2018), Lupin the Third: Part V, Persona 5: The Animation, Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory
Old 02-04-2015, 03:00 AM   #4
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Los Angeles County prosecutors are holding off on charging Medina with murder, requesting further investigation before a verdict is settled upon.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...tabbing/.84066
Old 01-14-2016, 08:12 PM   #5
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

A year later, and we have an update... and not a good one. Ricardo Medina Jr. has been arrested and charged with the murder of Joshua Sutter following further investigation, showing that Medina's testimony does not match with the evidence. Specifically, most of Sutter's blood was found outside the room (Medina claimed Sutter forced himself and attacked inside the room) and Sutter had defensive injuries on his hands. Medina faces 26 years to life in prison if convicted.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/01/14/ex-pow...rdo-medina-jr/

Last edited by Shiraishi-kun; 01-14-2016 at 08:15 PM.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:30 PM   #6
GenerallyBananas
Night Owl

You'd think you could trust a Power Ranger, damn
Steam
3DS Friend Code: 2707 - 2715 - 7452
Switch Friend Code: SW-1462-7138-4810
GenerallyBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:36 PM   #7
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

I know it's been a while since this news came out, but we have closure. Ricardo Medina Jr has settled for a plea bargain, pleading guilty to the murder of Joshua Sutter, and faces up to six years in prison. His sentencing is scheduled for March 30th.

http://deadline.com/2017/03/power-ra...ty-1202044898/