Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > Lucky Star > General Discussion > Fanclubs

Old 08-31-2012, 05:43 AM   #1901
Aristobulus
Violet☆Star

So I'm really, really curious- I've never been aboard the KagamiXKonata train.

Why do people see this so strongly in them? For the record, my stance is that Konata is bi and is actually attracted to Kagami, but I've never seen any evidence in the show that Kagami is bi or a lesbian, she always just seems pretty firmly straight.

I mean sure she's a friend to Konata...but where's the actual evidence that she's sexually attracted to her?

It pretty much seems to me like people who are for KxK are just...playing up their friendship to beyond what the show gives reason for, or - they are mostly Konata fans and they want to see it happen because Konata is attracted and it's not really about Kagami's sexuality.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:59 AM   #1902
Phil
Waiting for the Clouds

There is no evidence. There are fictional characters and people are liking the idea, so they are creating and looking at the doujinshi about the topic. Thats all.

All about fun.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:05 AM   #1903
Kid Charlemagne
Might as well jump--JUMP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepgoesmeep View Post
Kagami has best imagination~
Not suitable/safe for work (NSFW): show
The "toy" seems absurdly large. TVTropes used to have a trope about this sort of thing called "O-Ring Orifice", but it has vanished from TVT for some reason.

Yes. Yes, they do.
Kid Charlemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:21 PM   #1904
Cool Tsukasa
Cool Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristobulus View Post
So I'm really, really curious- I've never been aboard the KagamiXKonata train.

Why do people see this so strongly in them? For the record, my stance is that Konata is bi and is actually attracted to Kagami, but I've never seen any evidence in the show that Kagami is bi or a lesbian, she always just seems pretty firmly straight.

I mean sure she's a friend to Konata...but where's the actual evidence that she's sexually attracted to her?

It pretty much seems to me like people who are for KxK are just...playing up their friendship to beyond what the show gives reason for, or - they are mostly Konata fans and they want to see it happen because Konata is attracted and it's not really about Kagami's sexuality.
Actually, there's her character song:

100% nai nai nai
Old 08-31-2012, 11:13 PM   #1905
Aristobulus
Violet☆Star

A song is a song...what about anything actually portrayed in the anime, though? An actual event, something that happens, something she does?

I'm really thinking Phil is right, that it's just about fun, rather than worrying about actual canon.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:14 AM   #1906
Cool Tsukasa
Cool Member

Is named character song for a reason...

Well for starters, this:

The rest is here:

Old 09-01-2012, 12:21 AM   #1907
Psycho
難しい日本語わからない!

Well, there was this too...

But yea, mostly what Phil said.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:03 AM   #1908
Aristobulus
Violet☆Star

I don't know, I still don't see it. I mean, keep in mind a lot of that video is devoted to supporting the argument that Konata is bi, as well, which I didn't dispute. It's not all about Kagami in those videos, basically.

Even then, I mean, which of any of those scenes could only be Kagami being either bi/lesbian, and not straight? See, I read these scenes as Kagami just being friendly with Konata - I'm not really reading any sexual attraction in it. More that she's just being caring, because Konata is a really good friend of hers.

I mean it's possible to be really close friends with someone without being sexually attracted to them.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:43 AM   #1909
Cool Tsukasa
Cool Member

Wow, you've seen the "first episode touched", the OVA dream, the concert scene, the KYOTO PICTURE, and all the blushes and tsundere reactions and you still don't see it?

You're tough.

I'm not done yet.

You know, the script of the OVA was written by Yoshimizu as you can see here:

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E7%BE%...81%8C%E3%81%BF

It includes the Tsunderella Dream, so that means is completely canon for him. But he also wrote the script of Lucky Star Pocket Travelers, a completely canon manga ilustrated by Akariryuryuha. It's practically a direct sequel of the OVA.

You could read it here:

http://mangafox.me/manga/lucky_star_...rs/c001/1.html

It only takes one hour to read it, isn't too long.

When you finish, open the spoiler:

Spoiler: show

As you just read is a KonataxKagami end:

"Yeah... I'll stick with you no matter what"

I really like the way she's saying it~

"Don't go around talking about it everywhere, okay? It's a secret..." <---- She never denied she was hiding her feelings.

Dat reaction.

If you say that isn't love, then you don't know what is love.

"It's your dere that got me back to normal"

You already know Konata loves Kagami, so Kagami practically letting out the most of her feelings for her, couldn't make her more happy.

Do you see it now?
Old 09-01-2012, 05:23 AM   #1910
Aristobulus
Violet☆Star

I've seen it, but I think you're just reading too much into a friendship. Think about it this way, if they are both bi, and attracted to eachother then...how come nothing ever happens? After so long? Neither one of them ever has the strength to actually make a move on the other?

And you're not going to get me to accept the OVA - where they all get turned into frogs, let me remind you - as canon. Much less a dream sequence, as if that meant anything.

I will accept that extra material outside of the anime is where people are pulling the whole KxK thing from, though. But if it's outside of the anime, then I don't have to accept it for myself, because I'm only looking at the anime.

Like, there could literally be some kind of "canon" extra doujin or something that was just straight up Kagami and Konata having sex and I would still discount it because I'm exclusively talking about the anime. Not some entire Lucky Star Extended Universe canon. Of course if that did exist I'd understand where people are getting it from when talking about the entire canon, but...

Last edited by Aristobulus; 09-01-2012 at 05:55 AM.
Aristobulus is offline   Reply With Quote