Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > Community > General Media Share

Old 05-12-2014, 11:22 AM   #21
Phil
Waiting for the Clouds

Oh it was in my offline-time when this thread started, but I got something to add.

I'm seconding:
-Cowboy Bebop
-Higurashi 1st opening
-Death Note Opening 2
-Hellsing

I add (could still be that it was posted already and I overlooked it):
-1st Bleach opening

-Sailor Moon first opening

-Kill me Baby

-Steins; Gate

-Umineko

Bonus:
-German Intros are completely different sometimes and if this counts I add:
-Sailor Moon German Intro

-Hellsing German Intro

-One Piece 1st Intro
Old 05-12-2014, 05:51 PM   #22
Inikalord
Introverted Laziness

Mirai Nikki

Code Geass

Trigun

My favourite Naruto OP

Naruto Shippuden OP 1

One Piece OP 3 - English Dub

Inikalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:50 PM   #23
XxLordxX
Holy Headbanger Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
-Kill me Baby

-Steins; Gate
Oh! I've forgotten Kill Me Baby! It's very funny hahaha. Also watched Steins;Gate recently, and I liked it too. Also I second Droote's Evangelion choice :D.

Was going to post Steins;Gate, but it's already there :P.
Old 05-24-2014, 10:08 AM   #24
kirant
I won't go 'til it's over

I'd like to thank everyone for their help with this. I've finally got the video (and a corresponding post) done. Turns out YouTube is being a pain with upload times at the moment though :/

Oh well if you've read this after about 5-6 hours after I post this, you should be able to see stuff.

EDIT - YouTube

EDIT 2 - Now we play the Fair Use dispute game.

Ruri's Law: The vast majority of people are idiots (including myself)
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me Anime Edition

Last edited by kirant; 05-25-2014 at 06:36 AM.
kirant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:11 AM   #25
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirant View Post
I'd like to thank everyone for their help with this. I've finally got the video (and a corresponding post) done. Turns out YouTube is being a pain with upload times at the moment though :/

Oh well if you've read this after about 5-6 hours after I post this, you should be able to see stuff.

EDIT - YouTube

EDIT 2 - Now we play the Fair Use dispute game.
Must say, I am quite happy with this list. I was actually rather impressed to see "Resonance" and "Toki wo Kizamu Uta" listed, since I know that you tend to lean more toward the abstract in terms of openings you like (as characterized by #1-4). I have to point out, though, that the drastic switch in tone at #4 is rather jarring, making the list seem a bit rushed or scatterbrained. It sort of makes one wonder if 5-10 were just filler, though I understand that this is hardly the case.

A great list, I'd say. A bit weird, but whatever.
Currently Watching: My Hero Academia, Persona 5: The Animation
3DS Friend Code: 0318-9160-3343
Shiraishi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:38 AM   #26
kirant

First, yay! Someone actually saw it before what I suspect will be FUNimation (I have 5 claims going on right now) will come down like the fist of an angry god and force me to play the guess and check game of where they draw the line on fair use. At least I have all 3 strikes available on my account still so I can afford to take a couple hits as I sort out exactly what US Fair Use is qualified as in regards to critique/criticism. Fair to say though this will be the last time I try a full out copy/paste...granted if I have to re-upload, it likely means I'll be expanding past 10 as well to make up for the lack of playing time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiraishi-kun View Post
Must say, I am quite happy with this list. I was actually rather impressed to see "Resonance" and "Toki wo Kizamu Uta" listed, since I know that you tend to lean more toward the abstract in terms of openings you like (as characterized by #1-4). I have to point out, though, that the drastic switch in tone at #4 is rather jarring, making the list seem a bit rushed or scatterbrained. It sort of makes one wonder if 5-10 were just filler, though I understand that this is hardly the case.

A great list, I'd say. A bit weird, but whatever.
Part of the problem is that my list ended up quite tiered. I ended up with

Quote:
Ergo Proxy/Texhnolyze ~= Fractale/Serial Experiments Lain...And then the list as provided.
Even in the way I scored them (for rough approximation), these four were easily the top...I'd chalk it up to eccentricity of the writer as I certainly like the darker openings (and Fractale's art).

I saw the pattern before as well (hence my comment about everybody complaining about cyberpunk earlier).

Old 05-25-2014, 08:54 AM   #27
Inikalord
Introverted Laziness

I found your write ups very intriguing, both for the honourable mentions and the top 10 list.

Would you be willing to perhaps write a few more?
Old 05-25-2014, 08:58 AM   #28
kirant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inikalord View Post
I found your write ups very intriguing, both for the honourable mentions and the top 10 list.

Would you be willing to perhaps write a few more?
If my video gets pulled and I get an official strike I'll expand to make it a worthwhile contribution to the anime community as I'll likely shorten the video to only 10-20 second clips of each opening as oppose to the full thing. The inspiration for this was actually 50 openings...and goddamn I can't be really complementary to that many openings at the moment (50 would put me into the "approximately average" openings). Alternatively I'll just give up the whole numerical system behind this (which gives me approximate tiers to work with) and go for a more touchy-feely system. But numbers lets me deal with more openings.

Alternatively months down the road I'll probably expand either way. Or move on to endings and then come back to this. I've got so many long term projects going on (Fire Emblem hack, Advance Wars hack, X-COM Let's Play, love letter to Lovecraft vaguely presenting itself as a novel, Fangan Rompa (sic), my massive pile of games that I want to play (current file: Borderlands 2), actually starting my move for post graduate studies, finding a non-H-game source for extremely detailed anime OC creation...no...I actually DON'T care about half of these options, game engine) that my list is slowly getting larger than I really need it to be. If I get to keep my video then this will be bumped a few pegs down that list.

Last edited by kirant; 05-25-2014 at 10:00 AM.
Old 05-25-2014, 10:41 AM   #29
Inikalord
Introverted Laziness

Understandable. At the very least Mirai Nikki was included in your honourable mentions.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:33 AM   #30
kirant

Quote:
Funimation Entertainment - Claim released.
I--HOLY CRAP.

Did that just happen? Isn't FUNimation notorious for its copyright enforcement?

(Now we're down to 3...)