Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > General > Anime & Manga

Old 01-11-2018, 02:19 AM   #11
Misao
Posting Freak

This anime is now currently airing! Should we move this thread to the Anime & Manga section, or just create a new thread?

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1268457898
Misao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:27 AM   #12
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

I doubt it's gonna be moved, if it was it would've been done in 2016 when the thread was started, make a new one Misao :)
Old 01-11-2018, 04:36 PM   #13
Misao
Posting Freak

So here's something interesting.

Even though it aired in Japan already, this show is set to premiere TODAY, a day later, on Netflix, and people seem to believe this is the actual premiere date! I even read news sources that say "all broadcasts will be today in both countries"! I got an email from MAL this morning saying it will "start airing soon". So what the hell kind of magical illusion did I watch last night??

Old 01-12-2018, 12:16 AM   #14
Gondolin
The Hidden Rock

^Well the real premiere date would have been months ago during the special early screenings right? :P

Maybe it's a timezone thing?

Anyway, will hopefully get around to watching it tonight. Pretty excited considering all the hype
Old 01-12-2018, 01:10 AM   #15
Misao
Posting Freak

... so apparently the dub is premiering on Netflix today.... in the UNITED KINGDOM!

No word on the United States yet.

Old 01-13-2018, 05:32 PM   #16
Gondolin
The Hidden Rock

Finally gave it a watch this morning, and an excellent KyoAni project it seems to be.

I knew practically nothing about it going in, so was pleasantly surprised by the setting itself. Gotta love that early 20th century aesthetic. And as expected, the art + animation seems to be at KyoAni's best.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:31 PM   #17
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

it's beautiful, both visually and emotionally ;O;
Old 01-17-2018, 07:18 AM   #18
furball
Facetious Troll Mod

Looks very beautiful. The story reminds me a bit of westwood vibrato with the whole "listening to other peoples' stories" theme. Definitely looking forward to more especially since Violet is very cute.
furball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:32 AM   #19
Misao
Posting Freak

Episode 2

There's some soap-opera-style drama going on in the Doll service. Cattelya (is that her name?) has got the hots for Violet's caretaker. :3 I wonder how that woman gets away with that heavy cleavage in the workplace? Eh, it's a different time period anyway, and also because Animu.

Why do they have a strange written language? I mean wouldn't it be too much to use English since the written word is so crucial to the show?

Poor Erica. Do your best!

Violet reminds me a lot of Nagato Yuki, which is probably why I find her so endearing. She is NOT good at transcribing letters since she does not understand humans well.

Old 01-18-2018, 03:33 AM   #20
Gondolin
The Hidden Rock

Episode 2 was pretty nice. I really enjoyed what Erica brings to the table with respects to Violet.

Can't wait to see what the BDs for this show are going to look like as well.