Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > General > Books, Film, TV and Music

Old 06-02-2018, 06:01 PM   #3211
Misao
Posting Freak

Marks For Effort

Spoiler: show

A cupcake class where you eat cupcakes!? I WANNA GO TO THAT CLASS!
Oh see? There ARE more than just 6 students! I wonder why they appear to infrequently.
Yeah why DON'T the CMC go there? ….. probably because they have their hands full with their own school, the clubhouse, helping others in need, and they… pretty much learned all about friendship already! What else is there for them to learn in a second, uncredited school??! Does this mean they cross-enlist? SO many continuity questions!
Oh. An ep that takes place entirely during class!
"We wanna go to your school." Yeah you gotta officially apply. You can't just up and crash homeroom.
"You already know about helping others in need." THAT'S JUST WHAT I SAID PRETTY MUCH WORD FOR WORD!
Oh god really? They're FAKING being unfriendly? This is what the episode is about?? Uuuuuuuugh.
lol Repeaty-bell.
So wait. Rarity has to tend to her fashion business, AND teach at the school, AND spend time with her sister, AND manage her own boutique in Ponyville?? Is this woman actually three ponies??
"They usually go together like a-wop-dop-a-doo-wop and shigatty-bingy-boom."
lol "Crying always works for Rarity!"
What's the matter, Little Bo Peep?
Not sure helping Swirly Temple here will get you into the school. I mean isn't this just what you ALWAYS do as the CMC? What will it prove different?
Is her Cutie Mark a … chess piece? Or a castle tower? I wonder what that means. She can possibly use her recognized trait to help her with school?
Failed?? NOOOO!
"I'd like to see you in my office!" … Twilight, why r you treating the CMC like they're actual students?
… she wrote wrong answers? How?? That's not what they taught her at all!
… unless she's EVIL.
OOOOooooooooh. … that's quite the misguidely evil plan. Yeeees. Yeeessss all according to plaaan.
"I seee." Sip.
Okay this ending is bull honkey! Diplomas out of kindness?? Graduates when they haven't even attended??
Yeah…. I think this is one of the lower-than-average episodes. Poorly written, confusing twists.

-----

The Mean 6

Crystalis returns to seek revenge on Starlight. After reading that sentence, and knowing what the title is, you can correctly guess not only how she tries to go about it, but how the episode ends. This is the kind of plot we already saw in Discord's first episode, and while these evil incarnations of the Mane 6 are supposed to be new character, they're carbon copies of the versions Discord made all the way in Season 2. The writing felt very obvious and the pacing was kind of dull. The climax was rushed to the point where it took under a minute for everything to wrap up, there wasn't even any battle! Not one of Crystalis' best moments. She didn't even face Starlight, the pony that led her own ragtag team to defeat her! And I thought the Tree of Harmony was done for! Ugh whatever. This season hasn't been doing very well so far.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1268457898

Last edited by Misao; 06-11-2018 at 05:44 AM.
Misao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 08:23 PM   #3212
Kid Charlemagne
Antique Flatulence

Happy Independence Day, everypony!

LET US GIVE THANKS FOR YURI
Kid Charlemagne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 07:52 PM   #3213
Misao
Posting Freak

They do not have a Independence Day equivalent soooooo.... we can settle for... the day Equestria was founded?

----

UPDATES

MLP returns with new episodes August 4th.

Also, Netflix is going to take down the show from their library soon, which hurts like hell.

-----

... so um apparently a NEW MLP EPISODE aired early, BEFORE the return of Season 8 in two weeks, and on a FRIDAY. Discovery Family NEVER TOLD ANYONE BEFOREHAND! :O This sounds like a scheduling error, or they could just be trolling!! If so, I gotta catch up! (apparently it's bad)

Old 08-06-2018, 04:39 AM   #3214
Kid Charlemagne
Antique Flatulence

Misao, at this point, I don't think you need to worry about double-posting. I doubt the pinks really care any longer. I think that's really aimed at commercial spammers and scammers.

Meanwhile, I don't think I've posted this parallel-characters pic yet.

Rarity & Spike times two.

Old 08-06-2018, 04:51 AM   #3215
Misao
Posting Freak

"That have fans done!"

With so many episodes in Season 8 being leaked or aired earlier than the scheduled date, I wonder if it's even worth posting reactions to episodes as their air anymore. Well at least I have yesterday's episodes.

"A Matter Of Principals"

Water can have a lot of effects on your brain.
… WHY DON'T YOU HIRE MORE TEACHERS THEN!? I swear to Luna…
Twilight's obsessive with notes, blah blah blah, haven't seen that joke before.
Oh right Spike has wings.
DISCORD! :D
Song? Uh oh…
That is the weirdest mascot I ever seen.
Twittermites are such trolls. I never go on Twitter after that.
:D Great way to bring back characters in short cameos!
I thought Cranky is cranky, not selfish and lazy.
Hahahaha he hired a tree! :D ….. uh oh, that's a dragon sneeze tree!
We're using Everycreature now?
I see he's makin' like a tree…
More new new cameos! … ALL EXCEPT MISS CHERILEE!!
lol Discord as a public school transfer student.
Hahaha Trixie was on the other line of the banana!
BUG BEAR'S BACK!
… Starlight, you're letting him get to you! You KNOW how he is!
Did she say Spellvanger Hunt?
Spying on the students = good principal?
I gotta say… Discord isn't really TRYING TO BE a principal! Everything he's doing is totally anti-principal. In fact I'm kinda confused at what Discord is trying to do here.
:O STARLIGHT KILLED HIM!! SHE'S A MURDERER AND NO ONE'S BATTING AN EYE! … WAIT AND HIS GHOST IS A THING?!?!? WHAT!?? WHAT!~?!?
… WHY ARE YOU STILL OBEYING HER!? SHE SHOULD BE ARRESTED
:D Just kidding.
I mean I know she used to be a villain, but this is a bit much.
Whelp the stream went down for me so I'm gonna have to see the ending later.

"The Heart's Warming Club"

Another Christmas episode! In August this time.
…. is this going to be a compilation ep?
Ugh the yaks are still damn annoying.
Haha she can't crush the wooden pail.
Dragon's turn: a tale of the first year of a dragon holiday I guess.
The Dragon Lord is making it VERY EASY to get the stone, with her arm out like that.
…… okay that was a weird ending?
Earth Pony Time! This time his …. doll was destroyed. Nooooo! …. eh almost. Dolls are the manliness of all toys!
The hypogriff's turn! Nice nod to the movie too.
Interesting. Griffins don't have cousins? How is that possible?
yeah Iiiiii still don't remember anyone's names.
Blue Moon Festival, the griffin's turn. Awww that sounds really sad.
HE DID IT!
… a goo mess isn't really a good reason for threatening to cancel winter break, Twi.
… something tells me I can into this episode midway in, instead of seeing the beginning.

Old 08-11-2018, 06:02 PM   #3216
Misao
Posting Freak

"Friendship University"

STARSWIRL!
Oh boy. One of the leaked episodes that people already saw. THIS ought get a lot of traffic here.
Salvador Dali. :D
It's not!DarlaDimple!
… so they got competition. That should be good news! It means more places get to spread the word of friendship across Equestria.
Being in Las Pegasus… does make it seem suspicious. I mean have you heard of what happens to cons in Las Vegas??
"More ponies here than your whole school"??? IT'S REALLY THAT SMALL??
Oooh boy another Flim and Flam musical number.
So they can get away with slandering the name of a Princess and they don't face any punishment??
It's Maurice LaMarche again! -_- I should've known.
I think Starswirl clearly joined that school out of cluelessness. He's like that old uncle who is naive to good advice and just needs guidance.

Yeah this is a legit problem. How is Twilight going to prove that she isn't coming off as selfish by asking him to go to her school instead?
Rarity, the 90's called…
And Twilight's got a paper-thin disguise.
Wow. That investigation failed hard.

Methinks this is a two-parter. It's already 7 minutes left and Twilight's no closer to stopping the school.
""Hey Eyepatch? Where's your eyepatch??" :D For some reason that line cracks me up.
… oooooooooh. They're CHARGING FOR THE WORKSHEETS!
Awwww they never got the right amount of money to swim through it!
Copied it from her book?? THAT DOES IT!
… have Flim and Flam even met Rarity before now?
For a centuries-old wizard, Starswirl really isn't very perceptive.
Yeah aaaand that girl is still sneaky. -_-

Old 08-18-2018, 06:02 PM   #3217
Misao
Posting Freak

"The End in Friend"

I wonder how many things the writers neglected from the past seasons when they wrote soooooo many episodes devoted to the Friendship Academy.
Compromise is something very difficult to do actually. I hope this ep discusses that head on.
… they have a point. Rarity and Rainbow Dash never really seemed like legit friends as much as the others, BUT the Elements of Harmony did work with them all 6 specifically together! So if nature dubs them friends, they SHOULD be! Why didn't they tell the students that?
lol that one buff female pony. I wanna know more about her!
If only glitter didn't shed everywhere. I would totally use them for crafts.
I would think gemstones would be the best thing they have a shared interest in!
"YOU RUINED MY GEMS!" There are literally a ton of other gems exactly like those Rarity.
They … DON'T LIKE THE SAME THINGS!??? GAAASP!
Great. Another friends-fighting ep. Sooooooo new.
Nice callbacks to the previous seasons during this counseling scene. … but I'm not sure teacher also get counseling from another teacher in the same school.
… has Starlight even READ anything Daring Do??
……… kiss!
"WE HAVE NOTHING IN COMMON ANYMORE"?!?!! GAAAASP!
lol nice over-acting Twilight.
what makes me think glitter and sparkles are going to be a crucial point of the plot here?
:D Haaaaaaa. Dash is a mineral egghead. Her nerd is showing. She would be great friends with Maude. AND she just found a common interest!
… this is a prank Twilight and Starlight planted to force them to make up. I'm calling it now.
Wow Rarity is also a construction engineer!
… a what? What is that thing again?
The rest of the path was IN their line of sight?? You mean they could have TURN THEIR HEADS 180 degrees behind them? They didn't have to do all that giant-frog thing?
I don't think high heels can even do that in real life.
"Let's go continue our Fun Day! …. screw teaching!" XD

Old 08-25-2018, 06:00 PM   #3218
Misao
Posting Freak

"Yakity Sax"

Uh oh. THIS episode. Declared the worst episode in the entire season!
Apple-solutely! :D Haa.
I see Pinkie's "I wanna see you smile smile smile from these happy friends of mine" motto is goin' GREEEAAAAT.
… why… would a wind instrument just explode apples from sound waves??
I at least give Pinkie props for giving up her hobby the moment she realizes it annoys everyone, but the problem lies in her giving up the instrument being THE CONFLICT of the episode! This is getting the moral entirely wrong!
PartyForOne!Pinkie is back.
Pinkie, you're acting annoying in a very different way now, but in just as selfish a tone.
MAUD! SAVE THIS EPISODE! PLEASE!
Why does this show love Yakyakistan so much?? They're annoying to listen to, they're a one-note joke, and they're not appealing characters.
They serve ice cream there?
Hm. The way they play it, it sounds a tad better.
"Then you should never stop." …. THAT'S NOT SOLVING THE PROBLEM!!!!!
If the instrument wasn't supposed to be intentionally annoying, this ep would probably be fine.

Old 09-02-2018, 01:17 AM   #3219
Misao
Posting Freak

"Road To Friendship"

Ugh okay a Starlight and Trixie episode. Let's get this over with.
Oh look Granny Smith makes her first cameo in friggin MONTHS!
I did get a chuckle at the weird looks Twi got when she did her patty-cake with Cadance.
Oh wow that Arabian pony is elegantly designed! It's the first non-princess pony in this show that doesn't look particularly cute or chibi!
I also like how they're not going to a total stereotypical Arabian accent. It's more like a British one with a peppering of Arabian.
ROAD TRIP, GRRLFRIEND!!!
There's no such thing as too cozy, but there IS such a thing as a TEA cozy!
SONG! Eh it's no "Apples To The Core" but it's still a boppin' tune.
What's stopping Trixie from telling Starlight that she got a traveling offer? She doesn't know him.
Oh boy. They're gonna argue, then have a break-up, then get back together again. :P
Two girls sleeping together in a tight space. Wow I can't see the hentai writers doing a lot with THIS.
Well switching hammocks seemed to work! If only Starlight didn't snore, and Trixie didn't sleep-talk.
Yeah Trixie, your pride is WAY too big for me to take seriously. -_-
Woah! Now coincidentally Starlight traded her wagon for that caravan!? :O Well that's a good idea!
"I am willing to wait as long as you are." …. of you could walk around her? Just a suggestion.
"Well after ruining the entire goal of this episode, I think we learned a valuable lesson!" … yeah. …. But you ruined the the entire goal of this episode.

Old 09-02-2018, 02:33 AM   #3220
Kid Charlemagne
Antique Flatulence

I've picked up a few Pony pix and gifs on the Web, mostly on Wonkette.

I need to remember to start posting some of them, though not all at once.