Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > General > Games & Computers

Old 02-11-2018, 03:16 PM   #51
Beyond Birthday
The Cleaner

Titanfall 2

"One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production.
I'm too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Beyond Birthday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 08:12 AM   #52
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Finished the main quest of Shantae: Half Genie Hero.
Currently Watching: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind, Release the Spyce, Senran Kagura: SHINOVI MASTER, Heartcatch Precure!, SSSS.Gridman
Currently Playing: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Super Castlevania IV, Super Mario World, Mega Man: Legacy Collection
3DS Friend Code: 0318-9160-3343
Shiraishi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 01:16 AM   #53
Beyond Birthday
The Cleaner

and Overwatch.

"One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production.
I'm too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Beyond Birthday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 06:36 PM   #54
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Completed through Chapter 12 and partway through Chapter 13 of Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth. The game takes a fairly leisurely pace for the first nine chapters, but between chapters 10-13, you're pretty much hit with a deluge of story content for about two hours straight. This is far from a complaint, however. It's very effective at setting up the real primary conflict, putting the characters you've known up to now in their designated story roles, and explaining mysteries built up over the previous 20 or so hours of the game.
Currently Watching: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind, Release the Spyce, Senran Kagura: SHINOVI MASTER, Heartcatch Precure!, SSSS.Gridman
Currently Playing: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Super Castlevania IV, Super Mario World, Mega Man: Legacy Collection
Old 03-08-2018, 11:10 PM   #55
TornadoAdvisory
The Imminent Storm

Played and completed Doki Doki Literature Club earlier this week.

It was great; I was spoiled on a couple things before playing but it wasn't enough to detract from the experience for me. There is actually a part near the end that caught me completely off guard where
Spoiler: show
Monika reads your computer user's name (Or your Steam name if you're using that to play) in order to specifically refer to the player. Since I had my real first name assigned to the computer the effect was not mitigated at all.

Really, all the little tricks the game does with the files and gameplay (such as gravitating your cursor to a certain choice) fascinated me quite a bit.

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1162-0082

Last edited by TornadoAdvisory; 03-08-2018 at 11:15 PM.
TornadoAdvisory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 07:41 PM   #56
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Stalled after about 35 hours of Cyber Sleuth. Repetition is setting in, but it says quite a bit about the quality of the actual game and story that it took 35 hours for me to hit that point. It's a solid game, but you have to be okay with the grind.

Also got the original Dynasty Warriors Gundam for dirt cheap. Yep, it's definitely a Musou game with Gundams.
Old 03-18-2018, 05:53 PM   #57
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

^ I think that's around as far in as I got, I should really continue some time

I won a free copy of Pokemon Ultra Sun, so I've started that, now I have both versions of USUM
Old 03-22-2018, 12:22 AM   #58
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Playing another Musou game on top of Dynasty Warriors Gundam, namely Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2. Played the original quite a bit and heard this is a much improved sequel, plus I love Fist of the North Star, so I figured it'd be a good game to check out.
Old 03-28-2018, 04:20 AM   #59
Luis
Posting Freak

Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link

The Misadventures of Tron Bonne (I beat this many times and made yet another new file)

Fortune Summoners

Touhou Great Fairy Wars

Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book (Need to come back to it)

The Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky Second chapter (Need to come back to this too and finish it already)

Last edited by Luis; 03-28-2018 at 04:22 AM.
Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 05:07 AM   #60
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Bought Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana, expecting it in the mail next week.

EDIT: 4 1/2 hours into Ys VIII. Pretty fantastic thus far.

EDIT 2: Reached the 12 hour mark, completed Chapter 2 and the first gameplay section of Chapter 3. This is a pretty excellent game overall, though I do have a small... eh, I wouldn't call it a gripe per se. Going in spoiler tags, at any rate. Discussing big plot developments.

Spoiler: show
I'm not sure how I feel about the serial killer plot line being used as a means of killing off Captain Barbaros. It was fairly obvious early on that Barbaros was going to die at some point in the game (thank you, Sahad, for constantly bringing up his kid in conversation; massive death flag there), but using a murder mystery narrative to drive that point, while solidly executed, feels weirdly out of place and at odds with the rest of the tone of the game. I dunno, it's possible you could've figured out a better way of killing him off without making such a huge change in the tone and narrative structure (exploration is basically halted for a few hours at this point, which irritates me since I love the exploration in this game). Maybe have a plot-specific raid occur where he gets wounded by a Primordial. Who knows, I think I'm just yapping at this point,

Last edited by Shiraishi-kun; 04-05-2018 at 11:27 AM.