Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > General > General Chat

Old 07-18-2017, 11:13 PM   #191
Thane of Cawdor
Yuri connoisseur advisor

So sounds like the russians didnt make a monetary contribution and Trump did the dirty politics like everyone else. Lets get over it and back to the bills, nothing concretely illegal.

Repeal Obamacare now, we're getting close and I'll be damned if im gonna have to pay another damn fee for not being able to afford a government deemed health care system. You don't need insurance to drive a car across all 50 states but you didn't ask to be born but are forced to use our healthcare? Blow me.

Lets go with we're all not perfect and pass the damn tax overhaul for the good of our country. 20 years from now no one is gonna care about hillary's emails, trump's emails, obama's birth cirtificate but the economic growth done by scrapping ineffecient laws WILL help americans.

EDIT: I unsubscribed to this thread, how are the emails coming to me still?>
Old 07-18-2017, 11:39 PM   #192
kirant
I won't go 'til it's over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thane of Cawdor View Post
So sounds like the russians didnt make a monetary contribution and Trump did the dirty politics like everyone else. Lets get over it and back to the bills, nothing concretely illegal.
I think that's something we should let Mueller and a full investigation decide. Again, the wording in the code is very ambiguous.

The words "other thing of value" could be interpreted as including intellectual good. I'm not savvy enough in the legal realm to decide if this would hold in court and it's mostly what people are deciding about.

As for "everybody else", that's not really true. The last time I could find something like this happening, the party involved reported it to the FBI. Quibble about the details all you want, but these are serious and damning allegations...and it's not like we've hit the bottom of it yet. They're still in the state of expanding the investigation. It also ignores the fact that the party involves continually tries to allege that they're playing nice and being transparent now when it's obviously not the case.

Quote:
Repeal Obamacare now, we're getting close and I'll be damned if im gonna have to pay another damn fee for not being able to afford a government deemed health care system.
Well, the Senate just failed. They failed on "repeal and replace" and "repeal and replace (later)" is knocking on death's door as they can't even table it properly. If you're counting, that's attempt #2 and 3 at removing it.

I think we're entering territory where the ACA, as flawed as it is, will become ingrained and so leaned on that pulling it out is tantamount to political suicide. If the Republicans can't do it while owning all three levels of government right after getting the reigns of control, I think it's here to stay.

And so far, them attempting to remove the ACA has only resulted in the Democrats sitting on the sidelines while the majority Republicans can't get their ducks in a row to vote in a replacement.

Ruri's Law: The vast majority of people are idiots (including myself)
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me Anime Edition

Last edited by kirant; 07-19-2017 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Misspelled Mueller
kirant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 03:04 AM   #193
Kid Charlemagne
Might as well jump--JUMP!

Spoiler: show

Yes. Yes, they do.
Kid Charlemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:53 PM   #194
Thane of Cawdor
Yuri connoisseur advisor

No, Obamacare is crap and we were better off before it.

Ok I'm sick to fucking death of this Russia shit. Go ahead. Show me proof. Not an article with someone's opinion, someone post hard proof, something not subject to interpretation, something you can show in a court of law. I want obamacare repealed and the tax bill passed, im tired of hearing about russia this, russia that. we didnt put hillary in jail for her emails or benghazi or any of that crap, so more forward, pass these bills, get it over with. i do not want to deal with this obamacare shit anymore.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:12 PM   #195
Kid Charlemagne

I expect Mr. Mueller and his people are working on that hard evidence thingy.

Meanwhile, no one's making anyone read this thread.

Also meanwhile, MOAR RUSSIA $#!+:

EDIT: Neal Gabler takes names and kicks @$$: What Trump's Putin Love Reveals About Conservatives

Yes. Yes, they do.

Last edited by Kid Charlemagne; 07-20-2017 at 02:23 AM.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:31 AM   #196
kirant

Quote:
No, Obamacare is crap and we were better off before it.
I never said it was good or bad. I said that you're heading to a situation where pulling the plug is political suicide because people are relying on it and you're throwing a boatload of votes away.

2018 is the deadline to get it done IMO. Then it's here to stay.

And, again, the response by Republicans so far has been to fumble the case and show off their lack of agreement on what a solution looks like.

Quote:
Show me proof. Not an article with someone's opinion, someone post hard proof, something not subject to interpretation, something you can show in a court of law.
I never said there was any smoking gun. Others claim it exists based on evidence shown but I'm personally waiting to see what the special investigation states.

Quote:
im tired of hearing about russia this, russia that.
You can get tired if you want. Ignore it if you want. It's not like someone's forcing you to read it.

I'm personally interested in hearing the unequivocal truth at the end. The rest of it is more of a morbid entertainment, really. Like watching trucks full of paint collide. It's a horrible mess (and seems to reflect how out of touch with voters both Democrats and Republicans are that they managed to lose to someone this incompetent at cover ups and negotiations), but one which is so colourful and entertaining.

Quote:
i do not want to deal with this obamacare shit anymore.
I'm being honest, if you dislike it that much, it's Republicans screwing you over. They knew off the bat that there were 0 Democrat and 0 Independent votes behind this. So they had to get 51/52 Republicans to agree to it. And after 6 years of planning, they still can't agree.

They can't agree on what a new plan looks like...hell, they can't even agree that they're better off just straight removing ACA than living with it...as evidenced by the fact that McConnell's plan to just remove ACA was instantly dumped on by 3 Republican Senators.

(By the way, "Repeal ACA now, replace later" is also dead. So the House of Representatives will likely have to draw up a new plan if they want to attempt Plan D)

Last edited by kirant; 07-20-2017 at 02:39 AM.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:42 PM   #197
Kid Charlemagne

Here, Kirant. Now you can post something again.

Yes. Yes, they do.

Last edited by Kid Charlemagne; 07-24-2017 at 01:48 PM.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:45 PM   #198
Thane of Cawdor
Yuri connoisseur advisor

KC you are perpetuating your own stereotype of namecalling first.

I also noticed you guys don't post as much without me here, hehe.

There are so so many of these comics, who writes these anyway? These guys got too much free time.

Lastly, hurry up senate and repeal obamacare! Get that crap out so people who can't afford it don't get fined for being too poor.
Old 07-27-2017, 01:06 AM   #199
kirant

Quote:
I also noticed you guys don't post as much without me here, hehe.
I am actually going to wait until the whole USA Senate debate sorted itself out to post something of substantive value. I also tend to avoid double posting as it's just bad forum habit.

It's fascinating that the Republicans are willing to vote often for anything except when it actually means something will happen regarding ACA. I mean, they already voted through the equivalent of "Repeal ACA" very quickly while Obama was President knowing full well that it'd be given a veto.

Now that their votes actually mean something? Things are very slow and hesitant.

The only possibility seems like the "skinny repeal" which only lifts the requirement for employers and individuals to offer health insurance. This doesn't remove a bunch of the restrictions on insurance companies.

In other words, the story has gone from:
- "Repeal and replace" to
- "Repeal and replace (later)" to
- "Repeal" to
- "Repeal (some parts)"

I guess in gridiron football terms, it's 4th and long.

Old 07-28-2017, 06:56 AM   #200
kirant

Okay. Votes on the "skinny repeal" is over. I can provide a full update with all the interesting things I've kept up with:

- As should be clear now, the USA Senate had a vote to debate the ACA. This was passed 51-50 (with the 101st vote being submitted by Vice President Mike Pence). Of particular note is that John McCain came in very quickly after surgery (for likely a terminal cancer) to help vote in this debate.

- They had three votes to determine if this process would succeed (USA politics is amazingly convoluted). The first was one the House of Representative bill (BRCA). The second was a full ACA repeal. The final one was on the "skinny" repeal which only removes the punishments on employers and individuals for not getting health insurance.

-- The first (House plan) failed 43-57
-- The second (full ACA repeal) failed 45-55
-- The third (partial ACA repeal) failed 49-51. The Republicans voting against were Susan Collins, John McCain and Lisa Murkowski.

tl;dr version: Current attempt to repeal ACA is dead...process would have to start all over. That would be the 5th attempt.

- One thing DID will hit Donald Trump's desk though: a bill passed (which could overrule Trump's veto power should both sides walk that route) to impose further sanctions on Russia.

In other topics...:

- I'm pretty sure the USA's new communication director Anthony Scaramucci is the Boneitis guy. Also, he previously hated Trump's guts, seems ready to do whatever it takes to suck up to Trump, and has the tolerance of a pool of gasoline to open flame...but that's besides my point here.

- A main negotiator in Brexit has just resigned from the UK's government. This basically leaves the UK with nobody to really negotiate their exit from the EU and could very easily stall the whole effort.

- Canada has basically pissed away all its advantages on liquid natural gas. It's quite concerning as I think the project just cancelled (Petronas) would have been a net advantage to the Canadian economy as well as an advantage to the ecosystem (would have likely displaced Chinese coal, something China has been looking to do for a long time).

Last edited by kirant; 07-28-2017 at 08:00 AM.