Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > General > Games & Computers

Old 08-03-2016, 07:38 AM   #1
Nyanacopter
Top Secret Member

Windows 10

This thread, would be a discussion for something as bold as Windows 10, now, even if it was just a next version of Windows, that took me a while because I see it as the entire different beast all together, and it is ever, now I will start by giving my thought first, I get a chance or two to play around with it, for the time being, I even uses it for some of my projects and it was fun, and that Cortana thing is quite a nice touch if I may say so myself, of course as usual, it does have good points and bad points, but, if you try it or own it, download or whatever, what you think of it?
Nyanacopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 11:10 AM   #2
XxLordxX
Holy Headbanger Knight

I was using Windows 8.1 before upgrading to 10. It feels a bit faster and prettier, also I like the nice multi desktop feature. However it's still a long way to get to perform as well as my Fedora 21 installation...
Old 08-03-2016, 12:19 PM   #3
GenerallyBananas
Night Owl

M'fedora 21 installation...sorry
Steam
3DS Friend Code: 2707 - 2715 - 7452
Switch Friend Code: SW-1462-7138-4810
GenerallyBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 03:10 PM   #4
Kid Charlemagne
Might as well jump--JUMP!

I downloaded it a few months ago, tried it on one of my computers--and rejected it, though I forget why. I'm staying with Windows 7.

Yes. Yes, they do.
Kid Charlemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 04:31 PM   #5
Gondolin
The Hidden Rock

Don't like all the built in telemetry and that they turn people's machines into seedboxes for their updates, plus I'm just not a big fan of Microsoft and how they operate. At this point, if it weren't for the fact that I must use windows in order to use various software at all, I'd have no trace of windows left on any of my computers.

I hope to one day have a machine capable of full GPU passthrough so at the very least, I can use all my windows software in a VM without much of a performance loss, but until then, a dual boot with Windows 7 it is.
Old 08-04-2016, 06:57 PM   #6
Inikalord
Introverted Laziness

I'm fine with Windows 7.
Inikalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 04:24 PM   #7
Thane of Cawdor
Yuri connoisseur advisor

I'm rockin Windows 2000 Pro. Does windows 10 have the ability to have the GUI of the old windows? I actually use folders and a display like File Manager to where it looks like windows 3.0 from the mid 80s and found it a better visual than the cluster-crap of that windows...whichever new one has internet based ads and news IN the start bar stuff.
Old 09-25-2016, 07:40 PM   #8
brupielink
The LSSF Clockmaker

If you want the GUI of the old windows it would be the easiest to do with 7. 10 has elements from both 7 and 8, so it's more of a hassle to do.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:17 AM   #9
Gondolin
The Hidden Rock

Does 7 still have a 'classic' theme? I want to say it does, but I can't seem to find it. Windows is definitely more difficult to get to look how you want, especially in newer versions.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:54 AM   #10
Naverwolf
Posting Freak

I use 10, which I think is a big improvement from 8. I'd prefer to use 7, but when I got my new laptop I was afraid of how soon new stuff might stop working on it, so I went for 10.