Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > Community > Chatterbox & Forum Games

Old 04-29-2015, 04:20 AM   #1
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Alcohol and Drinking (General Drunkenness and Discussion Thread)

Being an adult is a pretty sweet thing sometimes. Sure, you have bills to pay, jury duty to attend, bank statements to file, and all other shenanigans, but you also have a number of legal liberties to being of a certain age, and my favorite happens to be alcohol. And this is where you can talk about it, post while you're drunk, that sort of thing.

Since becoming 21, I've taken the liberty of trying out different drinks to suit my tastes. I have discovered the following...

-Beers taste fucking nasty
-Malt beverages are okay if I'm just chilling, but give me a bad hangover
-I prefer hard liquors to malts and beers, and I seem to favor Captain Morgan Spiced Rum and Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey.
-Whisky has a bit too much of a kick for me right now, though I might develop a taste for it.
-When I'm drunk, I become a happy giggling dork who can't shut his face. Great at parties, I guess.

Anybody else?
Currently Watching: Digimon Tamers, Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card, My Hero Academia, Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma, GeGeGe no Kitaro (2018), Lupin the Third: Part V, Persona 5: The Animation, Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory
3DS Friend Code: 0318-9160-3343
Shiraishi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 04:58 AM   #2
Kid Charlemagne
Antique Flatulence

I do not drink ethanol.

At the risk of stepping on toes, I regard the use of any recreational drugs, including the legal ones, as stupid behavior.

Despite this, I believe adults should be allowed to consume them as long as they hurt no one else. I also believe marijuana should be treated like tobacco and ethanol--legal and taxed up the wazoo. Also as with ethanol, driving under the influence should be forbidden strongly.

I also distrust my country's War On (some) Drugs, as a danger to the civil liberties of the USAmerican public. It locks up many of my fellow citizens in a gulag system for no good reason and encourages corruption among our law enforcement agencies.

Last edited by Kid Charlemagne; 04-29-2015 at 05:01 AM.
Kid Charlemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 05:31 AM   #3
LuigiYoshi3000
The Eternal Understudy

I don't drink alcohol and don't plan on drinking because of obvious reasons.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:03 AM   #4
Gondolin
The Hidden Rock

I wish I could get your thread rolling, Shiraishi, but no alcohol for me for several months.

My roommate and I are very keen on playing some variation of the Kaiji drinking game, so that's something to look forward too.

Other than that though, I never really got why people want to get totally drunk just because- what with hangovers being a thing and that you could be doing something else. I don't know- I've decided to obey the law for alcohol up until now so I won't really have much else to say until then.
Old 04-29-2015, 12:03 PM   #5
veehive
Oldest Member of LSSF

I am also among the Teetotalers. The reason is simple: I AM A MONSTEROUS CHEAPSKATE. Social Tippling costs MUNNY. If a mistake is made (due to inebriation), it costs A LOT MORE MUNNY.

I like my munny. I like it in My Wallet (where it belongs) and NOT going to the Police, the Courts, the Lawyers, the Insurance Companies, the Hospital, the Doctors, the Auto Repairers, etc....

Finally: my apologies to you, Mister Shiraishi-kun. You wanted a thread comparing cocktails and instead got the Nay-Sayers Society. Perhaps this will be the turning point, and a bunch of drunks will begin posting (where is Droote when we need him?).

Cheers (non-alco', of course)!
Old 04-29-2015, 03:35 PM   #6
Misao
Posting Freak

Good report of your alcohol quest out in the field!

Me, I don't favor some of the rarer draft beers. I'm partial to Sam Adams, Bud Light, or Heineken. I like to start with a gin and tonic to get in the mood. I just tasted my first Bloody Mary last month too!

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1268457898
Misao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 02:52 PM   #7
Watchitaaa/Koizumi
Expand Baguette

Can't afford to drink because of medication, though I do enjoy a quick glass of sake, gives me a light buzz and get me all giggly.

But I think I'll be drinking a bit more frequently when I'll be off my meds, just you wait.
Watchitaaa/Koizumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 03:20 PM   #8
XxLordxX
Holy Headbanger Knight

I'm no heavy drinker, I like some wine from times to times, however I am very weak to alcohol, it gives me sleepiness (some headaches when I'm tired), make my face red (yes, just like animes) and make me feel a lot of heat. But, well, having a glass or two of wine is always nice for me. Also tried and liked whisky, I still want to try sake.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:11 PM   #9
TornadoAdvisory
The Imminent Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gondolin View Post
I never really got why people want to get totally drunk just because- what with hangovers being a thing and that you could be doing something else.
Agreed.

I myself have drank before but I don't really feel anything except for momentary buzzes. I guess it doesn't help that I've never had more than three bottles in one setting, though. So yeah, I'm not much of a drinker.

I don't really have any preferences just yet although I dislike straight-up beer.

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1162-0082
TornadoAdvisory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 09:03 PM   #10
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

i don't drink alcoholic beverages either, I've tried a few, don't like beer or wine, blue WKD was quite nice, i enjoyed some fruity cocktails, whiskey's a nope.
also, it's expensive and i much prefer the taste of soft drinks, which are cheaper~
I don't see the appeal of getting drunk and i don't like being around drunk people, but i tolerate them ^_^