Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > General > Anime & Manga

Old 09-22-2015, 06:10 PM   #31
Kid Charlemagne
Antique Flatulence

*sigh* I'm not finding time lately to keep up with Season 2.

Meanwhile, Renge plays her recorder.
Spoiler: show

Safebooru Link to 2480 x 3507 original

Last edited by Kid Charlemagne; 05-26-2018 at 04:14 AM.
Kid Charlemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 12:35 AM   #32
Kid Charlemagne
Antique Flatulence

Over 2 months, so I don't think this counts as spammery.

Past. Kaede holds baby Renge.

Present. Natsumi tries on a new look.

Future? Komari & Hotaru.
Looks like Komari never filled out much. xD

Last edited by Kid Charlemagne; 05-26-2018 at 04:15 AM.
Old 06-28-2016, 05:48 PM   #33
Kid Charlemagne
Antique Flatulence

Nearly seven months, so I don't think this is spammery.

Doujin cover.

Last edited by Kid Charlemagne; 05-26-2018 at 04:15 AM.
Old 09-26-2016, 02:27 AM   #34
Naverwolf
Posting Freak

Finished the first episode recently, planning to watch more. I enjoyed it, the pacing is very reminiscent of Azumanga for me. It pairs very well with the peaceful scenes, overall it's a pretty relaxing show. Although the girls do get pretty excited sometimes, such as over Renge's special ability.

I'm a bit miffed at Komari for stealing my hair, stature, and taste in women though.
Old 09-26-2016, 02:40 AM   #35
Thane of Cawdor
Yuri connoisseur advisor

I just finished the first episode as well and I liked it. Pretty scenery too. And it did have a bit of a feel like Lucky Star, which I like. I spy, with my yuri eyes, a bit of a girl crush...
Old 09-26-2016, 05:50 AM   #36
Naverwolf
Posting Freak

Episode two and three done!

Hotaru's got it bad =w=

I didn't expect fear of mortality to come up in this show.
Old 09-26-2016, 06:34 AM   #37
Thane of Cawdor
Yuri connoisseur advisor

Shes got it so so bad. This is like Chinatsu from Yuru Yuri...
Old 09-28-2016, 03:52 AM   #38
Naverwolf
Posting Freak

edited again ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
Nearly seven months, so I don't think this is spammery.

Doujin cover.
How did she wind up needing a band-aid on her butt?

Finished up to seven now! The episode previews are odd on this show, the way you're watching them on tv inside a room.

The episode where Renge makes a friend from the city doesn't have as much humour as the others, but it was super cute. I enjoyed it -w-
Although it also made me sad. It reminded me of how much my family moved around when I was a kid.

I really enjoyed seven as well, lots of cute moments. And I like having...someone to like, I guess. Komari's mother is pretty but she's too severe for me. Kaede (Candy Lady) is more my style personality wise, so she's in the lead so far.

EDIT: 8 (And this time I'm making my commentary right after watching, so I have a bit more to say -w-)

This is my least favourite episode so far. Komari's obsession with being mature gets old for me, and her not being able to contribute to what her two friends were talking about was too relatable. I found myself getting frustrated for her as I watched rather than laughing at it. The only part of that scene I really enjoyed was the pause while Komari tried to think of a love story (I'm a big fan of timing jokes.) The art trip was definitely the best scene for me. The persimmon part fell flat for me, but I did like it more than the fashion talks, and it had some moments. I really like stuff like the brother's guitar and getting interrupted, I'm looking forward to the future ways they avoid it. I also liked Persimmon Jones, and that left the episode on a strong note for me. So all-in-all I didn't dislike it, but I'm certainly hoping the next episode is more satisfying for me.

9 done! I'm moving through this anime faster than I meant to. My "hooray, I'm starting to enjoy anime again" is turning into "oh no, I'm wasting time on anime again." I can't seem to find a balance.
My hopes were met! I loved this episode. Some adorable Ren and Kaede action. I burst out laughing multiple times, the first being when they opened the door to the culture festival. That's some mask Natsumi made. Not to mention the paired voice. Then there was the "play," which I must say, caught me off guard. I loved Natsumi putting the mask on Kaede, and the silent tensing of the atmosphere. Very azumanga. I was excited that the brother was building a dog house, I thought that meant an impending puppy. The result wasn't what I wanted, but...interesting, to say the least.

The cleanup scene wasn't as good as the first half, but not bad. I definitely have a bias towards scenes that focus on Renge or Hotaru versus Natsumi and Komari. I thought I would like Komari, but my opinion of her has fallen the last two episodes. She does have her moments, but so far she may be my least favourite character. At the moment I think it goes

Kaede(Candy Lady)
Renge
Hotaru
Brother
Kazuho (teacher)
Komari and Natsumi are close here, but I think I'll give the win to Natsumi. Not because I like the character more, but because her antics are important to giving them stuff to do/react to.
Konomi(side braid friend)
Hikage(sister in Tokyo)

Having added in some more minor characters, Komari comes off more favourably. I don't know why I don't like Konomi. I just don't.

Last edited by Naverwolf; 09-28-2016 at 07:20 AM.
Naverwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 07:33 AM   #39
Thane of Cawdor
Yuri connoisseur advisor

No! Noooo more spoilers! Im watching this as we speak!
Old 09-28-2016, 07:35 AM   #40
Naverwolf
Posting Freak

owo Everything is in spoiler tags, though

Just don't open them