Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > General > General Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2017, 05:10 AM   #1
kirant
I won't go 'til it's over

Mass shooting at Quebec Mosque, 5 dead

Turns out for all the stuff we've got (World Politics, USA Election 2016, USA Mass Shootings)...none of them cover this.

It's reported that two or three shooters entered a mosque in Quebec City, armed (one with an AK-47, an illegal civilian weapon in Canada) and opened fire while they were at prayer. At least 5 are reported dead. Two are arrested.

Edit - The names of the arrested are Alexandre Bissonnette and Mohamed Khadir.
Edit - Alexandre Bissonette is listed as the sole suspect being detained at the moment. Mohamed Khadir was taken in as a witness.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...hots-1.3957686

For context, Quebec City has a bit of a mixed reputation when it comes to religious tolerance. This is the same mosque that had a pig's head left outside of it during Ramadan (there being the well known restriction of pork consumption in Islamic faith)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...city-1.3642883

This is a horrendous action regardless of political stripes. Murder within and of itself is a disgusting act, let alone one so brazen as to attack an area of worship of individuals who pose no threat. I really don't care who it is or who it's against. I think we can agree that this sort of action should not happen.

(I will reiterate what a Quebecer I know just said to me. Chalice, gang. FFS, people)

Call me an optimist, but I feel most of us as a species are better than this.

(Edit - RCMP have confirmed they are treating this as an act of terrorism)

Ruri's Law: The vast majority of people are idiots (including myself)
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me Anime Edition

Last edited by kirant; 01-30-2017 at 09:04 PM.
kirant is offline   Reply With Quote