Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > General > General Chat

Old 09-14-2017, 04:16 AM   #61
Thane of Cawdor
Yuri connoisseur advisor

I give up KC. Whats with the facepalm? I read the article, kid goes to shoot up a school, one of em tried to reason with him, got killed, three more were injured and the shooter was taken to juvinile prison. are you upset that he's not in big people jail? im sure he'll get life or death in prison...what's got ya upset?
Old 11-14-2017, 06:25 AM   #62
Thane of Cawdor
Yuri connoisseur advisor

Oh, guess its my turn, no one mentioned it.

This guy went into a church and shot up like 15 people. It was not an islamic radical this time, I forgot the guy's motive but he's dead so we can't ask him. Hope there's a special place in hell for people who go into the house of God and start taking lives. Let the Man upstairs judge him, hope he pays for the crap he did.
Old 12-30-2017, 10:36 PM   #63
Kid Charlemagne
Meri Kurisumasu!

This isn't a mass shooting, but it doesn't quite seem to belong in the "World Politics" thread.

From Wonkette: Sociopathic Gamer tricks a SWAT team into fatally shooting an innocent man

"Yesterday, 28-year-old Andrew Finch was shot and killed by a police officer after some Call of Duty-playing dickweasel sent a SWAT team to his house. The “swatting” had been intended for another Call of Duty player, who gave Finch’s address as his own.

The police were told that the person living at Finch’s address had just killed his father and was holding his mother and a sibling hostage. When they showed up, Finch reportedly reached for his waistband and a cop, thinking he was reaching for a gun, shot him. And now he is dead. A human being is dead. A family is shattered. Because some twerp wanted to play a prank, because a police officer was too quick on the draw."

Takeaway quote, from the comments thread (no, it's not my comment):

Spoiler: show
"We need to be thinking beyond moral condemnation of this guy. CLEARLY Tyler Raj Barriss deserves to face consequences for what he did, but he is also CLEARLY a unremarkable moron no different from legions of other unremarkable moronic men in this nation.

The real problem is that we have effectively handed the most callous, idiotic, and antisocial members of our society with a method to target random people with lethal force. Are surprised that, lo and behold, our nation's idiots cannot be entrusted with this grave responsibility?

I don't believe that the cops murdered Andrew Finch, but that does not mean that Andrew Finch was not murdered or that the cops were not used to carry out the murder.

Tyler Raj Barriss is a moron. But despite being a moron, he managed to swat dozens of people and made several bomb threats. He exercised his power to target innocent people with lethal threats without any consequences. Now Barriss is arrested and rightfully taking the blame for this event. [Barriss's grotesque and remorseless interview is a gift to the police who could not be more eager to blame Barriss for the death]. But the weapon Barriss used to murder Andrew Finch is still there, still waiting for the next Barriss. The blueprint to murder somebody by SWAT team is waiting there, all out in the open. And people smarter than Barriss are going to use this weapon in a much smarter way.

We have created a culture in which officers deploy lethal force on a regular basis and rarely face consequences for shootings. In this culture, the Barriss's of the world will be able to order up a SWAT team strike like they are ordering a pizza and, unless they are really stupid, they will never face consequences. Cops will continue to blame criminals for their shootings, not their own policies and protocols. And until we change the system, you and me and especially every black man in the USA, will just have to keep our fingers crossed and hope that some 15 year old haven't orchestrated a police strike on us. God help us all."

Old 12-31-2017, 08:04 AM   #64
Thane of Cawdor
Yuri connoisseur advisor

Cue the song:

"Fuck the police, fuck, fuck fuck the police, yo fuck em."

I hope the liar gets jail time but...the cop is on paid leave??? Are you kidding? The cop was clearly trigger happy, you couldn't aim for a leg or an arm? No LEM on your gun? I get it, firing wildly as stray bullets could hit others, but this is yet another instance of why we need better training for these trigger happy cops. I agree, this cop needs his badge pulled for this, more cops killing unarmed people!

I saw this show Reno 911, its a spoof of the show 'cops', so its a comedy...

So this guy has two cops come upto him in his front yard, so he says. The guy makes a sob story about how his dog was suffereing and he cant afford to put him down. he cries and the cop offers to put the dog out of his misery, shoots the dog. Then you see a crazy woman come out of the house and yell at the dude calling him a trespasser. She says 'the hell did you do to my dog!" and the guy yells "i told you to keep him back!" So the joke was the dude was lying and got the cops to shoot his neighbors dog he didn't like.

Jokes aside, it never crossed my mind that someone could do this with a person.

Last edited by Thane of Cawdor; 12-31-2017 at 08:08 AM.
Thane of Cawdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 10:04 PM   #65
Gondolin
The Hidden Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thane of Cawdor View Post
Jokes aside, it never crossed my mind that someone could do this with a person.
It take a special kind of crazy.

There are several people who livestream themselves playing various games that have been 'SWAT-ed' live on camera while playing. Absolutely crazy what people will do for a quick laugh.
Old 02-15-2018, 01:09 AM   #66
Kid Charlemagne
Meri Kurisumasu!

Here we go again.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ool/338217002/

Last edited by Kid Charlemagne; 02-15-2018 at 01:25 AM.
Kid Charlemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 11:08 PM   #67
kirant
I won't go 'til it's over

So this doesn't fit anywhere else. It also doesn't fit here as it's Canadian, and a mass causality (not shooting) incident.

So, long story short, a man drove a rental truck through a busy street in Toronto. As of right now, 10 are dead from the attack.

The man was arrested without further violence soon after. Watching the video footage is pretty amazing as the officer was calm and collected the whole time. Despite multiple warnings from the driver that he had a gun in his pocket (and motioning as if to pull out a gun), the officer didn't shoot. He even went to turn off the police car's sirens and make it easier to communicate.

(I mean, personal aside, I would have to imagine in the USA, this would have ended with the driver being Swiss cheese)

As of right now, people have been combing through information we have of the driver and this is what has popped up (key source of information were his final posts on Facebook before attacking people, later confirmed by Facebook to be real posts - https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DbgV6e2V4AAHkil.jpg ):

- The man seemingly defines himself as "Incel" (Involuntary celibate; basically just read "women won't have sex with me...but I want to, dammit"). Incel communities are often heavily, and I mean heavily, misogynistic as they tend to blame women for their problems...as oppose to, you know, trying to better themselves.

-- A common stereotype of the community is that they are the "nice guys" who seem to think women only want to be with "bad guys"...and therefore all women are dumb (or, in their minds, sluts).

-- For scale, the Reddit community for Incels was banned for being too extreme.

- He served a few weeks of training in the Canadian armed forces but quit before completing.

- He references multiple military codes in his post. The Canadian military refuses to disclose whether the number after the C was his designation.

- "Chads" and "Stacys" are basically terminology for more "normal" people...connotations are oftne that they are more sexually active. It's a bit of a loaded term (especially since "Chad" tends to associate with a very specific male and "Stacy" a specific female), but the above is probably the best term you can get without a long description of the terms.

- He idolized Elliot Rodger. Rodger is another man (American) who, in 2014, went on a shooting rampage as retribution for not having a girlfriend.

Ruri's Law: The vast majority of people are idiots (including myself)
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition
kirant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 04:13 AM   #68
kirant

Today, 11 (currently) have been killed in an attack on a Pittsburgh synagogue (7 civilians, 4 police) with more injured.

The incident appears to be based in antisemitism and white supremacy. The shooter has a long, long history of posting antisemitic remarks online (even going as far as to claim than US President Donald Trump is surrounded by Jewish individuals and will not do anything to solve his perceived crises). On the white supremacy side, his posts directly state, and I'll quote here: "diversity means chasing down the last white person".

On police scanners, it was clearly heard that the shooter stated "all Jews must die".

(Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/pittsb...ogue-1.4881234 , https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/robert...urgh-1.4881332 )

More can be seen here, but I'd really like to stress a content warning as it's really not safe for sanity: https://web.archive.org/web/20181027....com/a/cwB9QkR

Last edited by kirant; 10-28-2018 at 04:15 AM.
Old 10-28-2018, 04:26 AM   #69
Thane of Cawdor
Yuri connoisseur advisor

I was just thinking that its been a while since we had a mass shooting. Sucks that this is commonplace here.
Old 10-28-2018, 04:49 AM   #70
kirant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thane of Cawdor View Post
I was just thinking that its been a while since we had a mass shooting. Sucks that this is commonplace here.
The crazy part is that if we define it as "4+ people injured in a shooting incident", they are depressingly common in the USA . Most just aren't interesting to make news anymore.

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ed_States#2018