Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > Lucky Star > Manga

Old 08-23-2015, 10:53 AM   #61
Watchitaaa/Koizumi
Expand Baguette

Woa, anyone else seen this? Translated chapters 238/39 and 240 from volume 9 were uploaded on mangafox (I assume they were uploaded on other sites too.)
http://mangafox.me/manga/lucky_star/
Watchitaaa/Koizumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 03:59 PM   #62
Connacht

This guy on Reddit says that he has the whole volume 9, available only by private message: https://www.reddit.com/r/luckystar/c...ation_is_here/

Last edited by Connacht; 09-03-2017 at 04:29 PM.
Connacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:45 PM   #63
gatongo
MMORPG Confidant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connacht View Post
This guy on Reddit says that he has the whole volume 9, available only by private message: https://www.reddit.com/r/luckystar/c...ation_is_here/
He doesn't mention it in the thread, but he also translated volume 10. He sent me both volumes within the day I asked, but if, for whatever reason, he doesn't get back to anyone else in a timely manner, feel free to PM me here and I'll send them over.
gatongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 04:41 PM   #64
Konata Fan

I am wondering when the vol.10 will come out.
The latest vol.10 came out in 2013
4 years have past,but there's still no news about the vol.11
Konata Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 07:48 PM   #65
gatongo
MMORPG Confidant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konata Fan View Post
I am wondering when the vol.10 will come out.
The latest vol.10 came out in 2013
4 years have past,but there's still no news about the vol.11
I'm also curious. IIRC, the manga went on hiatus after volume 10, but like you said, things have been quiet for a while. Not even a hint of something following the anime's 10-year anniversary.

Hopefully Yoshimizu hasn't run out of ideas. I'd like to give him more credit, but as much as I hate to admit it, that doesn't seem totally outside the realm of possibility. It's impressive how long the manga has ran for already, and with the main characters well into their college years, I wonder if he simply feels like there's nothing left to do...

Yoshimizu didn't do much in volume 10 to further develop his characters or advance what little plot there is. Most slice-of-life manga start and end with high school, sometimes college; it could be LS just took longer than most to get there.

I hope I'm wrong, though.

Last edited by gatongo; 09-26-2017 at 03:24 AM.
Old 10-09-2017, 02:39 PM   #66
Konata Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatongo View Post
I'm also curious. IIRC, the manga went on hiatus after volume 10, but like you said, things have been quiet for a while. Not even a hint of something following the anime's 10-year anniversary.

Hopefully Yoshimizu hasn't run out of ideas. I'd like to give him more credit, but as much as I hate to admit it, that doesn't seem totally outside the realm of possibility. It's impressive how long the manga has ran for already, and with the main characters well into their college years, I wonder if he simply feels like there's nothing left to do...

Yoshimizu didn't do much in volume 10 to further develop his characters or advance what little plot there is. Most slice-of-life manga start and end with high school, sometimes college; it could be LS just took longer than most to get there.

I hope I'm wrong, though.
I think Lucky Star is long enough.
More than 10 years have past since Yoshimizu started the Lucky Star,it's really hard to come out with new funny ideas to make the manga interesting.
I'd like to see the Lucky Star comes to a good end.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:43 AM   #67
gatongo
MMORPG Confidant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konata Fan View Post
I'd like to see the Lucky Star comes to a good end.
Agreed.

By no means am I writing off the possibility of the manga continuing, but at this point, anything would be better than nothing at all. I'd hate to see Lucky Star simply fade from existence without so much as a proper send-off. I don't think Yoshimizu would do that to his fans, but the lack of any new material is certainly frustrating.
Old 11-08-2017, 04:42 PM   #68
Konata Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatongo View Post
Agreed.

By no means am I writing off the possibility of the manga continuing, but at this point, anything would be better than nothing at all. I'd hate to see Lucky Star simply fade from existence without so much as a proper send-off. I don't think Yoshimizu would do that to his fans, but the lack of any new material is certainly frustrating.
There's few thing we fans can do...
Hope to see a beautiful ending.

By the way,I think Yoshimizu made a big mistake, of making Konata and everybody graduate from high school.
Everybody stay in high school forever.
Spring,summer,autumn,winter,another spring... but the characters never grow up.

Slice of life things let readers "escape" from stress of reality.One faces more stress when he/she grows up,that's why so many author put their characters and stories in high school. Once the characrters graduate from high shcool,readers get "awaken" from the dream of ever lasting stressless everyday life.