Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > General > Anime & Manga

Old 01-15-2013, 06:29 AM   #1
Kona
The Gearhead

Kotoura-san

Quote:
A school love comedy. Kotoura Haruka is a 15-year-old girl who can read people's minds. She has been suffering from troubles caused by her mind-reading ability, and her parents got divorced as a result. She moves to a new high school but tries to keep away from her classmates. Manabe Yoshihisa, one of her classmates, accepts and appreciates her ability and she begins to interact with her friends with his help.
Anyone else watching this?

Fave Anime: Bakemonogatari. Evangelion. Gurren Lagann. Madoka. Mitsudomoe. Nichijou. School Rumble. To Aru Kagaku no Railgun.

Fave Manga: Love Hina. Negima Neo. Yotsuba&. Yumekui Merry.
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:15 PM   #2
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

i'm not watching it, but it looks good, i'll probably watch it at some point :3
Old 02-01-2013, 12:08 AM   #3
Z008MJ
I am who i am!

I looked it up a bit, then gave it a try. While i might not have watched as much as the rest of you, it still was one of the most promising first episodes i have seen in a while.

If they don't abandon the drama, and keeps building on their deconstruction of mind-reading romantic comedies, then this one has a lot of potential.

Besides, anything that can make you shed a tear in the first 5-10 minutes without feeling forced is worth keeping an eye on.

Edit:

After three episodes i think i can confidently say this probably will be a sleeper hit of this season. In just three episodes it feels i've finished an entire season of twelve episodes, in fits so much in so little time and still avoids feeling rushed (mostly) and all three episodes so far were quite impressive.

It may not look like anything else than the generic romantic slice-of-life comedy of the season, but it's actually a lot deeper than that. And while it sometimes almost schizofrenically switches between drama and comedy, it manages to hold up both well. More interestingly, it handles "highschooler with special power" in a way i rarely seen in anime before. It's almost depressingly dark at times.

I would recommend giving the first episode a try if you have some free time.
Z008MJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:12 AM   #4
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

i'd totally watch it if i had more time :D
trying to limit the amount i'm watching per season is the only thing stopping me~
it'll probably end up as another one of those shows that i end up watching a few years after it's released :3