Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > General > Anime & Manga

Old 03-28-2018, 03:00 AM   #2491
Gondolin
The Hidden Rock

Sora yori mo Tooi Basho wrapped up today, and if you'd like a superb original show about seizing youth and taking a great step forward, this is the show for you. Highly, highly recommend.

Beyond the show itself, I was amazed at watching it go from something quietly sitting in the corner of the community with virtually 0 hype surrounding it other than it being a Madhouse original, to something pretty explosive and with a healthy amount of 'AOTS/AOTY' and '10/10' declarations being thrown around. Definitely something I can see being a future classic of the current era anime.

It's nice seeing an original effort end up as well done and as well received as Sorayori.
Old 04-01-2018, 01:57 AM   #2492
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Crunchyroll just announced their simulcast of the new GeGeGe no Kitaro series, so I'm gonna give that one a try.

EDIT: Saw episode one. It's really good. Very effective horror aesthetics, really digging the visual disparity between scenes focused on humans and those focused on Yokai. Direction is really stellar with a ton of strong storyboarding and color work, and while your mileage may vary on the implementation of modern technology into the setting and story, I think it's done very tastefully and effectively.
Currently Watching: Digimon Tamers, Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card, My Hero Academia, Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma, GeGeGe no Kitaro (2018), Lupin the Third: Part V, Persona 5: The Animation, Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory
3DS Friend Code: 0318-9160-3343

Last edited by Shiraishi-kun; 04-02-2018 at 04:47 AM.
Shiraishi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 02:31 AM   #2493
Gondolin
The Hidden Rock

First episode of the new LotGH is out, and it looks like it's off to a strong start. Some of the character designs will still need warming up to , but overall they look a lot better in motion, which is great. While the battles were never the biggest draws of LotGH, they did an excellent job giving them a beautiful coat of paint. Gone are the days of one mass of bricks shooting white lines at the other mass of bricks.

Characterization seems on point so far, and at this point I'm mostly curious to see where this season will end. They do have 3 films planned at this point, but I can't not be greedy and wish they went all the way through.
Old 04-08-2018, 02:33 AM   #2494
kirant
Just another Friday night

Well, Persona 5 started. So I'm finally watching something again.

Also, how did I miss that Boogiepop was getting another anime? Boogiepop Phantom and its creepy psychological horror vignettes are still one of my favourite anime period. Hopefully this is something similar.

Ruri's Law: The vast majority of people are idiots (including myself)
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated September 29 - Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope’s Peak Academy
kirant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 06:58 AM   #2495
furball
Facetious Troll Mod

3D Kanojo: Real Girl - love story between an otaku and a real grill
Akkun to Kanojo - short episodes featuring a rare male tsundere and his adorkable girlfriend
Comic Girls - cute girls doing cute manga things, but actually pretty funny. Definitely one of the better cgdct shows
Darling in the FranXX - Trigger mecha anime that's amazing and I'm honestly really regretting not watching earlier. Probably AOTS
Lostorage Conflated WIXOSS - 4th series in the WIXOSS series (Madoka meets yugioh), Kiyoi gathers a justice league of WIXOSS players to end the cycle of suffering
Tokyo Ghoul:re - Sequel to Tokyo Ghoul
Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii - love story between an otaku and a real grill **in an office**
Yu-Gi-Oh VRAINS - Card games on surfboards ON THE INTERNET
Yuru Camp - cute girls doing comfy camp things
furball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 03:27 PM   #2496
Misao
Posting Freak

Be careful about dating real grills!

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1268457898
Misao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 04:49 PM   #2497
Luis
Posting Freak

Nisekoi because Chitoge was in Super Mario Maker. I already heard the ending is stupid. I'm on episode 17.
Old 05-18-2018, 10:52 AM   #2498
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Once again by suggestion from my friend Zeke, I'm watching Little Busters!
Currently Watching: Digimon Tamers, Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card, My Hero Academia, Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma, GeGeGe no Kitaro (2018), Lupin the Third: Part V, Persona 5: The Animation, Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory
3DS Friend Code: 0318-9160-3343
Shiraishi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:54 PM   #2499
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

iii'mmmmm watching Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory, My Hero Academia season 3 and Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online
there are more but i'm behind so i'm not counting them
Old 05-19-2018, 05:49 AM   #2500
Misao
Posting Freak

I finished Touken Ranbu Hamamaru.

... for whatever reason. I mean, I'm a straight male. I guess I was curious why it's so popular. Something tells me I may enjoy the other anime more.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1268457898
Misao is offline   Reply With Quote