Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > General > Books, Film, TV and Music

Old 01-27-2011, 03:43 AM   #1
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Movies You REALLY Wanna See

We had a topic like this once, but that was a long-ass time ago. And since I'm not particularly fond of thread necromancy, I've made this new one.

Basically, list movies coming to theaters or DVD/Blu-Ray that you REALLY want to see. Please list the films' release years. Reasons for your anticipation are optional.

I'm looking forward to...

Winnie the Pooh (2011) (I am a life-long fan of the Pooh franchise, as it has given me many of my most cherished childhood memories. Hearing that this film will not only adapt unanimated segments from A.A. Milne's original books, but also that this new feature is going to emulate everything that made the original shorts magical just gets me incredibly hyped up for it)
Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011) (I enjoyed the first two films, but Revenge of the Fallen squandered a lot of its potential. With only one writer this time and the return of Steven Speilberg as Executive Producer, I have higher hopes for this one)
Sonic (fan-film, 2011)
Currently Watching: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind, Release the Spyce, Senran Kagura: SHINOVI MASTER, Heartcatch Precure!, SSSS.Gridman
Currently Playing: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Super Castlevania IV, Super Mario World, Mega Man: Legacy Collection
3DS Friend Code: 0318-9160-3343
Shiraishi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:36 AM   #2
Betrayal Jack Knife
Banned

Crazy Taxi (2012) - Well, I've been into CRAZY TAXI since 2001. After I've played it, I've heard that HOLLYWOOD is releasing a FEATURE FILM about CRAZY TAXI. Well I hope it's GOOD, because CRAZY TAXI is one of my FAVORITE GAMES.

Truxton (2012) - Well, it's fucking TRUXTON. I already have HIGH HOPES, but I don't know. I hope it has the TRUXTON THEME. They've been working on THE MOVIE for about 20 Years. Also, DOKKEN is doing the SOUNDTRACK for TRUXTON.
Betrayal Jack Knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:44 PM   #3
Forsakn Wrath
Kagami's Loving Husband

Gears of War
Gnomeo and Juliet
Thor
Kung Fu Panda 2
X-Men: First Class
Green Hornet
Transformors: Dark of the Moon
Kick Ass
Sherlock Holmes 2
Iron man 3
The Avengers
Black Death

I will claim my enemies lives for I will fight to the death
I will welcome the Valkyrie that takes me
past the gates of Valhalla, I will stand with my
brothers
and if I survive this battle
I pray the next is my last.

-FW
Forsakn Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:54 PM   #4
DevaPain026
Nico Nico Nii~ Holgan

K-On!!
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
for now that's it.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:29 PM   #5
Veldin

K-ON the movie!
can't wait ;)
Veldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:48 PM   #6
Beyond Birthday
The Cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veldin View Post
K-ON the movie!
can't wait ;)
Same here.

"One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production.
I'm too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Beyond Birthday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 07:10 PM   #7
brupielink
The LSSF Clockmaker

Inception
Deliverance
28 months later
Old 01-27-2011, 07:48 PM   #8
Betrayal Jack Knife
Banned

I forgot abou the K-ON! Movie, maybe it be out on the same day as Truxton.
Betrayal Jack Knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:11 PM   #9
Droote
No longer Lonely European

Che Part 2
Part 1 was very good.
Droote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:30 PM   #10
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Arrietty the Borrower (2011) (I love the works of Studio Ghibli, and this movie looks to be another hit from them)

Summer Wars (2011) (Mamoru Hosoda is one of my all-time favorite anime directors. He did my favorite Digimon movie, Digimon Adventure 01: Our War Game!, and he did the excellent feature The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. Coupled with the fact that FUNimation is going all-out for its release by giving it their best-of-the-best acting cast and a submission to the Oscars, and I can't wait for this one to come to DVD and Blu-Ray)

Rebuild of Evangelion 2.22: You Can (Not) Advance English Dub (2011) (FUNimation did an absolutely phenomenal job on the dub for Evangelion 1.11, with Brina Palencia as Rei Ayanami being my favorite new cast member. With the official announcements of Tiffany Grant reprising Asuka from the show's ADV Films dub and J. Michael Tatum playing for Ryouji Kaji, I'm really, REALLY desperate to see this. Also, Hideaki Anno ROCKS!!)

One Piece Movie 11 3D/Toriko Movie 3D Double Feature (2011) (I love One Piece, and Toriko is this generation's Hokuto no Ken. Where's my ticket?)

Trigun: Badlands Rumble (2011) (I like the TV series a lot, and FUNimation is dubbing it with the entire original series cast reprising all of their original roles, which includes Johnny Yong Bosch as Vash the Stampede. Besides, I loves me a good action flick.)

Space Battleship Yamato (2011) (Although I did not like the original anime, this new reimagining of the franchise looks to be a winner.)

Fullmetal Alchemist Movie: The SacredStar of Milos (2011)

GANTZ (2011) (I admire the original GANTZ series, so I patiently await this reimagining)

The Avengers (2012) (IT'S THE MARVEL AVENGERS MOVIE. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE THIS, YOU ARE BRAINDEAD.)

Men in Black III (2012) (The return of all the original cast and crew has me hooked.)

The Dark Knight Rises (2012) (Bringing an end to one of the best superhero film trilogies ever devised? Get me my money!!)

Monsters Inc. 2 (2012) (It's Pixar. They never make bad movies.)

Iron Man 3 (2013)
Currently Watching: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind, Release the Spyce, Senran Kagura: SHINOVI MASTER, Heartcatch Precure!, SSSS.Gridman
Currently Playing: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Super Castlevania IV, Super Mario World, Mega Man: Legacy Collection
3DS Friend Code: 0318-9160-3343
Shiraishi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote