Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > General > Books, Film, TV and Music

Old 01-15-2014, 12:20 AM   #1
Tsukasa's_Lover
Tsukasa's one and only

Live Action Hollywood Gundam Movie coming soon

No OFFICIAL announcement has been made but Gundam creator Yoshyuki Tomino along with Legacy Studios (Iron Man, Avatar, Pacific Rim) are said to be making one very soon. An official announcement will be made on the 21st with more details
Old 01-15-2014, 01:36 AM   #2
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

when i heard it was being planned i hoped that it would be made by a studio like that, i think the folks at Legacy Effects could do a good job :3
and if Yoshiyuki Tomino is directly involved it could potentially be really good
Old 01-15-2014, 01:55 AM   #3
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Legacy Effects does incredible work in doing mechanical suits and robots, as their work in the Iron Man films, Avatar and Pacific Rim can attest to. If any company can work together with Tomino to bring the Gundam franchise into live-action, it's Legacy Effects.
Currently Watching: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind, Release the Spyce, Senran Kagura: SHINOVI MASTER, Heartcatch Precure!, SSSS.Gridman
Currently Playing: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Super Castlevania IV, Super Mario World, Mega Man: Legacy Collection
3DS Friend Code: 0318-9160-3343
Shiraishi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:32 AM   #4
Inikalord
Introverted Laziness

Anywhere this has actually been said?
Inikalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:39 AM   #5
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

^ yes
http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/ne...s-to-make-film

it doesn't actually say it's a Gundam movie, but Tomino has been working on a project with the codename "G-Reko", so there's a good chance it's that, and it sounds Gundamish.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:14 AM   #6
Misao
Posting Freak

I keep hearing about these Hollywood anime films and only around half of them actually get released! At least it's comforting to know that there are Hollywood creators who really do value anime.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1268457898
Misao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:25 AM   #7
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misao View Post
I keep hearing about these Hollywood anime films and only around half of them actually get released! At least it's comforting to know that there are Hollywood creators who really do value anime.
You'd be surprised at the number of Hollywood producers and directors that are out-and-out otaku. The one I think is most notable is James Cameron (Aliens, Terminator, Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Avatar), who has given open praise to anime like Ghost in the Shell, AKIRA, Blood: The Last Vampire and Osamu Tezuka's Metropolis and is also the holder of the right to make films based on the manga series Battle Angel Alita, which he purchased simply because he's a huge fan of the manga and wants to see it done in live-action the right way.
Currently Watching: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind, Release the Spyce, Senran Kagura: SHINOVI MASTER, Heartcatch Precure!, SSSS.Gridman
Currently Playing: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Super Castlevania IV, Super Mario World, Mega Man: Legacy Collection
Old 01-16-2014, 04:56 AM   #8
Misao
Posting Freak

You only see those films that were actually released! You can't imagine the number of films that never got past production, let alone development!

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1268457898
Misao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:47 AM   #9
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Should probably change the title of the thread. Tomino's first work with Legacy Effects will be an animated feature, which he will direct.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...legacy-effects

No word has been made on what the film will be exactly, but I'm guessing here that it isn't Gundam-related.