Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > General > Games & Computers

Old 07-13-2017, 03:42 AM   #11
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Been fiddling around with some other users' content in RPG Maker Fes for two reasons. One is to see what I can and can't do in the game, the other is to maybe gain some inspiration for my own RPG.

Found a demo for a horror/RPG called Biohazard, which I thought had a promising start for a larger game. Spoke with the creator on Tumblr, and he is evidently working on it, so I'm interested in seeing where he takes it.

Also been playing through a game called A Dragon's Tale which is a straightforward but enjoyable linear RPG. Probably the most expansive of all that I've played so far, though there are still a few bugs in it (Example: there's an encounter with a Vixen you're supposed to win, but if you lose, the next cutscene still plays, but once that cutscene ends you get a game over).

There's also a game here called Apartment 412 that's a pretty challenging puzzle RPG with a bit of a horror slant. I'm stuck on it though. Don't know what the combination lock solution is supposed to be.

Lastly there's a game that's been on here a while that's been in development since the software was released in Europe called Academonic. It describes itself as an "otome RPG", and has a pretty interesting party swapping mechanic (you can have one party member with you at any time that you can switch out at the hub "school" area). Need to mess around with that one more, but it seems pretty enjoyable.
Currently Watching: Shin Sekai Yori, Made in Abyss, My Hero Academia
3DS Friend Code: 0318-9160-3343

Last edited by Shiraishi-kun; 07-13-2017 at 03:46 AM.
Shiraishi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 10:39 PM   #12
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

Splatoon 2
I'm having so much fun it's a great game, as good as if not better than the first :)
Old 07-25-2017, 10:55 AM   #13
TornadoAdvisory
The Imminent Storm

I'm playing Splatoon 2 as well, though I haven't done much except reach the first boss in the story mode. Online play isn't a priority for me at the moment so the story mode is what I'm going to be busy with in this game for now.

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1162-0082
TornadoAdvisory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 11:24 PM   #14
LuigiYoshi3000
The Eternal Understudy

I've played Splatoon 2. I've purchased a couple of weapons and worked to increase my rank in Ranked Battles.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:55 AM   #15
Beyond Birthday
The Cleaner

Depth

"One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production.
I'm too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Beyond Birthday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 01:19 PM   #16
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

Crash Bandicoot N-sane Trilogy
it's as frustratingly tough as I remember, but it's so much fun :)
Old 09-02-2017, 07:36 AM   #17
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Upgraded to a laptop that doesn't suck completely, so I'm enjoying a couple games I got for free a couple weeks ago, notably Shadow Warrior and the Viscera Cleanup Detail spinoff of it.

EDIT: Tested out the Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony demo on my laptop and it runs very well on it (methinks NISA overstated the necessary specs), so I plan on getting that in the future once I have the chance. Will also be getting Ultra Despair Girls as soon as possible once me and my friend are done with our DR2 Let's Play.

Last edited by Shiraishi-kun; 09-05-2017 at 08:06 AM.
Old 09-10-2017, 07:39 PM   #18
kirant
Just another Friday night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiraishi-kun View Post
once me and my friend are done with our DR2 Let's Play.
Please tell me it's blind. Please tell me it's blind. The games are some much fun (albeit a bit predictable) when played blind.

Either way, currently playing Tokyo Dark. It's a point and click thriller visual novel with an enforced autosave and elements of insanity thrown into the narrative.

Haven't gotten far into it (though it sounds like the game is only 4-6 hours long per playthrough, with 11 possible endings), but it's really fascinating and really well done so far.

Ruri's Law: The vast majority of people are idiots
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated September 29 - Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope’s Peak Academy
kirant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 02:49 AM   #19
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirant View Post
Please tell me it's blind. Please tell me it's blind. The games are some much fun (albeit a bit predictable) when played blind.
My friend has played the games before but he's keeping his damn mouth shut because he knows the games are best experienced blind. I've only really been spoiled on a couple small plot points, nothing extremely major.

EDIT: Also Transformers Devastation went on sale on Steam today for dirt cheap, so I nabbed that.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:29 AM   #20
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Been playing Transformers Devastation quite a bit the last three days, and holy hell I love it. I'm a big Transformers fan and I love a solid beat-em-up/hack-and-slash, so this scratches both itches extremely well for me. I've found myself favoring Bumblebee for his flurry combo and double vehicle attack.

Last edited by Shiraishi-kun; 09-14-2017 at 09:36 AM.