Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > General > General Chat

Old 04-19-2013, 06:45 PM   #21
kirant
I (somehow) evolved Ditto

Some stunning pictures from around the web:
http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...K/picture.html

Also:
Quote:
RT @ABC: 15 police officers were taken to St. Elizabeth's Hospital in Brighton, MA for injuries sustained in last night's police activity

https://twitter.com/BostonDotCom

Ruri's Law: The vast majority of people are idiots (including myself)
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me Anime Edition
kirant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:49 AM   #22
Tsukasa's_Lover
Tsukasa's one and only

After nearly 2 hours wait. the 2nd suspect is now in custody.

he was hiding in a boat in someone's backyard. after 30-40 bullet shoot out he was wounded. after a nearly 2 hour stand off he gave up.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:58 AM   #23
Misao
Posting Freak

"I'm in someone's back yard in the same town I planted the bomb in! NO ONE will think to find me HERE!!!"

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1268457898
Misao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:27 AM   #24
Kid Charlemagne
Antique Flatulence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misao View Post
"I'm in someone's back yard in the same town I planted the bomb in! NO ONE will think to find me HERE!!!"
If they were smart, would they have believed their moronic ideology enough to be willing to kill and die--or at least risk death--for it?

I saw on TV that authorities think the older brother favorited jihadi videos on YouTube.

If YouTube can diligently comb their content and yank out any videos that allegedly violate some multi-gigabuck corporations' oh-so-precious copyrights, then why in sulfuric HELL can't they yank out all these MFing how-to-commit-mayhem videos, and all the videos which support one extremist group or another--not only the jihadi @$$holes, but other @$$holes like the Klan and Stormfront types?!? I wouldn't think the 1st Amendment would be an issue, as YT is not a government agency.

IF YOUR DERP LASTS LONGER THAN 4 HOURS, SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION.

Last edited by Kid Charlemagne; 04-20-2013 at 02:44 AM.
Kid Charlemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:27 AM   #25
Misao
Posting Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
If they were smart, would they have believed their moronic ideology enough to be willing to kill and die--or at least risk death--for it?

I saw on TV that authorities think the older brother favorited jihadi videos on YouTube.

If YouTube can diligently comb their content and yank out any videos that allegedly violate some multi-gigabuck corporations' oh-so-precious copyrights, then why in sulfuric HELL can't they yank out all these MFing how-to-commit-mayhem videos, and all the videos which support one extremist group or another--not only the jihadi @$$holes, but other @$$holes like the Klan and Stormfront types?!? I wouldn't think the 1st Amendment would be an issue, as YT is not a government agency.
You know what this is means right? More ridiculous excuses to delete more harmless videos!

Old 04-20-2013, 03:31 AM   #26
Kid Charlemagne
Antique Flatulence

Quote:
You know what this is means right? More ridiculous excuses to delete more harmless videos!
My point is that they delete harmless videos while leaving that evil $#!+ up.

IF YOUR DERP LASTS LONGER THAN 4 HOURS, SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION.
Kid Charlemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:24 AM   #27
furball
Facetious Troll Mod

Quote:
I don't think it would have been very easy for him to leave anyway. No doubt that right after a catastrophe such as this that security would be much tighter around the borders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukasa's_Lover View Post
After nearly 2 hours wait. the 2nd suspect is now in custody.

he was hiding in a boat in someone's backyard. after 30-40 bullet shoot out he was wounded. after a nearly 2 hour stand off he gave up.
Good job police and FBI. I'm honestly a bit surprised that they were able to capture himself. I thought he might be killed or have committed suicide. I wonder what his motives were for doing such an atrocious act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
I think there's a difference between telling people how and where to commit mayhem and just supporting an extremist faction. By the definition of sedition and the "clear and present danger," idea, telling people to do specific actions against the government or its people is not allowed, but supporting such actions or etc is protected by freedom of speech. As for youtube being private, yes, they can remove that, but that shows abridgment of the first amendment that internet users so love and cherish (can't you just tell at a glance based on the stuff the internet says?)
furball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:24 AM   #28
Misao
Posting Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball View Post
I don't think it would have been very easy for him to leave anyway. No doubt that right after a catastrophe such as this that security would be much tighter around the borders.
Plus he decided to flee ON FOOT. Won't be able to get that far that fast.

Old 04-20-2013, 05:25 AM   #29
furball
Facetious Troll Mod

Quote:
Plus he decided to flee ON FOOT. Won't be able to get that far that fast.
I doubt he could have gotten very far whether it was by boat, car, or scooter. Security would have probably been way too tight for him to flee somewhere far away.
furball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:26 AM   #30
Misao
Posting Freak

Probably why he ditched the car.