Lucky Star Shrine Forums
 
Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > General > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2015, 08:12 PM   #31
Watchitaaa/Koizumi
Expand Baguette
 
Watchitaaa/Koizumi's Avatar
 
Location : The land cultural enrichment
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuigiYoshi3000 View Post
On Tuesday, a Germanwings plane carrying 150 people on board crashed in the Alps in southern France. According to French President Francois Hollande, there were "apparently no survivors". The flight recorders and one of the black boxes have been recovered and the search for the second black box and the bodies is under way. Now there's an investigation on what may have to caused the plane to crash.

More info: https://gma.yahoo.com/two-americans-...opstories.html
Can confirm
Still no complete list of the passengers, but we know for sure there was a class of german highschoolers returning home.
The crash site is really secluded. The plane basically crashed into a mountains at 700 km/h, the biggest debris are about 1m long.
Watchitaaa/Koizumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:56 AM   #32
kirant
I won't go 'til it's over
 
kirant's Avatar
 
Location : Wars World, Black Hole HQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchitaaa/Koizumi View Post
Can confirm
Still no complete list of the passengers, but we know for sure there was a class of german highschoolers returning home.
The crash site is really secluded. The plane basically crashed into a mountains at 700 km/h, the biggest debris are about 1m long.
One strange thing they've found from the recording so far is that one of the pilot was unable to make it into the cockpit and was spending the last bit of time trying to break his way back in after typical requests failed (knocking on the door). There are many possible explanations to this, such as the flying pilot's loss of consciousness while the other pilot was out of the cockpit.

One disturbing option thought is that it was deliberate crash. A pilot on another forum noted that the very gradual descent is a possible indicator of that due to the fact that it would not get emergency alerts from software.
__________________

Ruri's Law: The vast majority of people are idiots (including myself)
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me Anime Edition

Last edited by kirant; 03-26-2015 at 07:03 AM.
kirant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:19 AM   #33
Kid Charlemagne
Antique Flatulence
 
Kid Charlemagne's Avatar
 
Location : The Arkanshire
From Alternet back in April 2013:

The Propaganda System That Has Helped Create A Permanent Overclass Is Over A Century In The Making
__________________
Kid Charlemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 01:36 PM   #34
Watchitaaa/Koizumi
Expand Baguette
 
Watchitaaa/Koizumi's Avatar
 
Location : The land cultural enrichment
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirant View Post
One strange thing they've found from the recording so far is that one of the pilot was unable to make it into the cockpit and was spending the last bit of time trying to break his way back in after typical requests failed (knocking on the door). There are many possible explanations to this, such as the flying pilot's loss of consciousness while the other pilot was out of the cockpit.

One disturbing option thought is that it was deliberate crash. A pilot on another forum noted that the very gradual descent is a possible indicator of that due to the fact that it would not get emergency alerts from software.
Those are mostly leaks and haven't been confirmed by the bureau des investigations.
Other leaks say that the pilot locked the co-pilot out, but again, not confirmed yet

edit: some leaks have been confirmed by the procureur of Marseille, the co-pilot locked the pilot out and commanded the loss of altitude, nothing could be heard in the cockpit

Last edited by Watchitaaa/Koizumi; 03-26-2015 at 01:53 PM.
Watchitaaa/Koizumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 03:30 PM   #35
kirant
I won't go 'til it's over
 
kirant's Avatar
 
Location : Wars World, Black Hole HQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchitaaa/Koizumi View Post
edit: some leaks have been confirmed by the procureur of Marseille, the co-pilot locked the pilot out and commanded the loss of altitude, nothing could be heard in the cockpit
Since you posted this (which is to say, about an hour after and about an hour before this post), they's started calling it a voluntary crash and have released the name of the co-pilot heading the plane in its last few moments.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-32063587
__________________

Ruri's Law: The vast majority of people are idiots (including myself)
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me Anime Edition

Last edited by kirant; 03-26-2015 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Spelling
kirant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 04:06 PM   #36
LuigiYoshi3000
The Eternal Understudy
 
LuigiYoshi3000's Avatar
 
Location : U.S.
In the recent disturbing developments, the co-pilot may have to intentionally crashed the plane to the French alps and locked the pilot out. The investigators are now looking into the background of that co-pilot.
__________________
3DS Friend Code: 0044-3309-1268
Nintendo Network ID: WindWaker3000
LuigiYoshi3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 04:32 PM   #37
kirant
I won't go 'til it's over
 
kirant's Avatar
 
Location : Wars World, Black Hole HQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuigiYoshi3000 View Post
In the recent disturbing developments, the co-pilot may have to intentionally crashed the plane to the French alps and locked the pilot out. The investigators are now looking into the background of that co-pilot.
(Looks up)

Hm...I think that's what we've been just talking about.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/liv...updates-4u9525

Anyways, Lufthansa just wrapped up its press meeting for today. Pretty standard fare. Interesting takeaways though:
- There's no doubt the co-pilot locked the pilot out. This is accomplished when you consider the fact that: A) Only pilots and other flight attendants can enter the cockpit via code, B) there is no requirement on Lufthansa flights to have a flight attendant take the seat of a pilot (a standard practice on North American flights), C) the entry code can be changed by either pilot at any time for up to 5 minutes to control emergency situations.
- From the sounds of things, this practice of two individuals in the cockpit is unique to North America alone.
__________________

Ruri's Law: The vast majority of people are idiots (including myself)
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me Anime Edition
kirant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 04:07 PM   #38
LuigiYoshi3000
The Eternal Understudy
 
LuigiYoshi3000's Avatar
 
Location : U.S.
The investigation into the co-pilot revealed that the co-pilot should not have been flying on the day of the crash.

More info: http://news.yahoo.com/germany-hunts-...--finance.html
__________________
3DS Friend Code: 0044-3309-1268
Nintendo Network ID: WindWaker3000
LuigiYoshi3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 12:30 PM   #39
XxLordxX
Holy Headbanger Knight
 
XxLordxX's Avatar
 
Location : Brazil
Google is being attacked on antitrust allegations again in Europe... Well, there ARE more websites that offer the same service, but Google is dominant in web search market. Waiting to see the outcome of this one.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-32315649
__________________
3DS Friend Code: 3454-3334-2505
XxLordxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 04:07 AM   #40
Kid Charlemagne
Antique Flatulence
 
Kid Charlemagne's Avatar
 
Location : The Arkanshire
From The Guardian.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

New York State Police Handcuff and Shackle "Combative" Five-Year-Old

Seriously, don't come to the USA. My country hasn't just gone baka, it's baka level is OVER NINE THOUSAND!

The Captain has no words.

__________________
Kid Charlemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Theme By : Companyturk