Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > Lucky Star > Media Share

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 06:49 PM   #11
XxLordxX
Holy Headbanger Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenerallyBananas View Post
^when did that happen? Haven't looked at the site in a ages
I don't remember exactly, some months ago I was looking at some bookmarks and found 2 links to some Monogatari doujin, when I tried to open it gave "invalid page"
Old 04-18-2016, 06:55 PM   #12
Gondolin
The Hidden Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenerallyBananas View Post
^when did that happen? Haven't looked at the site in a ages
A couple of years ago (maybe even just 1, can't remember), they started buying the rights to publish official English translations of various h-manga or doujins, turning them into a crunchyroll of sorts in that area. This coincided with a big crackdown on a bunch of websites hosting material from a group of artists, so that the only way to get their stuff was from buying it on fakku.
Old 04-19-2016, 12:30 AM   #13
XxLordxX
Holy Headbanger Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gondolin View Post
A couple of years ago (maybe even just 1, can't remember), they started buying the rights to publish official English translations of various h-manga or doujins, turning them into a crunchyroll of sorts in that area. This coincided with a big crackdown on a bunch of websites hosting material from a group of artists, so that the only way to get their stuff was from buying it on fakku.
Yes, they've been buying the rights for some lots of books for a long time now, but only recently they took down the fan-art. I wished there was a kind of "Community Fakku" for the previous fan work, it really was the best site for this kind of stuff IMHO.
Old 05-17-2016, 04:08 AM   #14
YuiKonata
I disappear!

I hate to say it, but I DID use Fakku for a long time. When they went to Original Work and publishing, I found "other" sites in lieu of Fakku. If I had the money and my own apartment, I would totally buy off of Fakku Books for er... "collection" purposes.
Closed Thread