Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > Lucky Star > Anime

Old 05-20-2013, 09:51 PM   #11
McKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAuraEX View Post
This licensing conversation kinda brings me back to the music licensing crisis of 1993 with Sonic The Hedgehog CD for the SEGA CD. Apparently: Many of the songs in the original edit of Sonic CD were owned by third-party music divisions, and when the game made the jump to American shores, it was rumored some of these divisions didn't exactly cooperate with SEGA about the transition.

I'm not being racist at all when I say this, but I think, during that time, some asians may have had a few problems with the US, especially since Sonic The Hedgehog 2 was being developed in the US and not in Japan, where SEGA naturally develops their Sonic titles.
On that note, I understand that the outright cancellation of Sonic Xtreme worldwide was the result of all kinds of similar conflicts between Sega of America and Sega of Japan.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:19 PM   #12
Cool Tsukasa
Cool Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKnight View Post
On that note, I understand that the outright cancellation of Sonic Xtreme worldwide was the result of all kinds of similar conflicts between Sega of America and Sega of Japan.
Yeah, but thanks to that we got Mario Galaxy.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:27 PM   #13
Trina

I honestly don't think that Lucky Star series or animations will ever get another dub. It's kind of pessimistic, but that's how I see it. That being noted, I'm trying to dub Miyakawa-ke no Kuufuku in English seeing as an official company probably won't ever get a release.

For the series:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...eature=mh_lolz
Trina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:56 PM   #14
Misao
Posting Freak

Wow thanks!

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1268457898
Misao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:47 PM   #15
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trina View Post
I honestly don't think that Lucky Star series or animations will ever get another dub. It's kind of pessimistic, but that's how I see it. That being noted, I'm trying to dub Miyakawa-ke no Kuufuku in English seeing as an official company probably won't ever get a release.

For the series:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...eature=mh_lolz
Hey, I remember stumbling across the first episode while the show was still airing! Glad to see that our subs for the show are still being put to good use.
Currently Watching: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind, Release the Spyce, Senran Kagura: SHINOVI MASTER ~Tokyo Youma Chapter~
Currently Playing: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Super Castlevania IV, Super Mario World
3DS Friend Code: 0318-9160-3343
Shiraishi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:35 PM   #16
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

oh cool, i'll watch it momentarily :P
does it take directly from the subs or have some lines been changed to better sync with the mouth movement?
Old 08-19-2013, 09:05 PM   #17
YuiKonata
I disappear!

Really at this point in life, I really don't care if it gets dubbed again or not. Like the saying goes, All good things must come to an end. Okay Lucky Star isn't finished entirely (doubt it'll ever be) but I had some good laughs and enjoyed it. Let's not forget Miyakawa-ke no Kufuku. I enjoyed that too. If animation companies don't feel the need to anime it, let them be. There are some things that just can't go on for one good reason or another (heck I can't give a good reason), but I would want to see the manga scanned. Besides, I have other anime to watch XD

Still, Lucky Star will be my one and only 2nd anime that I've watched in my lifetime (the 1st being Sailor Moon :P)
YuiKonata is offline   Reply With Quote