Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > General > General Chat

Old 12-27-2016, 07:59 AM   #1
Nyanacopter
Top Secret Member

World Politics

I'm starting the thread so we can discuss the politics around the world.
Nyanacopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 07:25 PM   #2
Kid Charlemagne
Antique Flatulence

Prez-elect Pumpkinhead (I call him that because his orangey fake tan makes his head look like a pumpkin) sent a seemingly innocuous tweet Monday, wishing people a Happy Hanukkah.

The neo-Ratzi contingent among his fans freaked out.

I wonder if Pumpkinhead has ever heard the tale of the Sorcerer's Apprentice, or that story about the crazy German scientist--what was his name? Oh yeah, Frankenstein.

EDIT: Also, this. ^_^
Spoiler: show

Akari is love; Akari is life.

Last edited by Kid Charlemagne; 12-27-2016 at 08:12 PM.
Kid Charlemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 02:12 AM   #3
kirant
Just another Friday night

For some strange, strange reason, I never thought I'd hear the words "Trump", "golden shower", and "Russia" in a sentence.

But here we are.

So, latest is that there are leaked documents from briefings for the sitting President (Obama) and upcoming President (Trump). The briefing covers topics such as Trump allegedly having contact with Russia through the course of the election (rejecting obvious bribes) as well as Russia offering Trump inside information on the Democrat National Committee (DNC) after the now acknowledged data stealing from the DNC and Republican National Committee (RNC).

That's bad enough on its own. If absolutely true (something I wouldn't treat this data as right now), this is very dangerous as it suggests that Trump has done all but outright ask Russia for help as he'd be taking in data collected by Russians in a situation where Russia wanted Trump as President.

But also in there is some information specifically stating that Russia has possible blackmail information on Trump. Specifically, and here's where those words come together:

- Russia has video of Trump that the report determines is viable blackmail material, including footage of him in Russia hiring prostitutes (an illegal activity) to have golden showers (urination) shows in front of him.

- Russia has chosen so far to not use their compromising material due to a high level of voluntary cooperation and agreement between Trump and Russia.

- The reports further allege that Putin was not very impressed by the damage that the lack of damage Clinton's e-mails caused.

These seem to be agreed upon as having been briefed to Trump but as of right now are not proven as many sources are Russian and obviously have bias to their allegations.

Way too early to tell if this stuff is real (it sometimes reads like a bad 4chan joke with the pure audacity of some of the actions), but absolutely amazing stuff if true. Wouldn't be the craziest thing 4chan has ever done.

The document provided:
https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...legations.html

The strangest summary I've read in a while:

Ruri's Law: The vast majority of people are idiots
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated September 29 - Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope’s Peak Academy
kirant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 05:06 AM   #4
Kid Charlemagne
Antique Flatulence

^Where's Love_Tsukasa when we need him? xD

Picard and Riker just heard about the story Kirant posted.

EDIT: Also, this. Fake, of course, but still funny. xD

2nd EDIT: Does the reporting of Goldenshowergate mean that yellow journalism is making a comeback?

Last edited by Kid Charlemagne; 01-12-2017 at 03:10 AM.
Old 01-12-2017, 12:33 AM   #5
kirant

I have to admit, I think that press conference by Trump went way better than I thought it would.

(Background - Trump hasn't had a press conference in...ages)

So...to summarize...he:
- Went on 20 minute rant about the election voting results. And the polls.
- Said "in-dust-tree".
- Ranted on fake news despite being one of the strongest "birther" movement pushers and claims Obama created ISIS.
- Decided to tank pharmaceutical stocks by ranting about them.
- Said "much hacking" (such amaze, much wow)
- Got his attorney on stage. That is crazy. I can't even remember the last time a president (or president elect) had to retain one during speeches, let alone use one.
- Denied CNN from asking a question (calling them fake news). I swear both of them sounded like 8 year old children. Also, he took a question from Breitbart News right after, well known for...amazingly bad headlines.
- Kept bringing up the irrelevant Hillary Clinton
- Inspired a comedian to make this amazing tweet:
Quote:
Jim Gaffigan ‏@JimGaffigan
I can't believe this show was picked up for four seasons.
...And, prior to all that, applied Godwin's Law on Twitter.

Quote:
Intelligence agencies should never have allowed this fake news to "leak" into the public. One last shot at me. Are we living in Nazi Germany?
Oh, your poor innocent soul. You think after picking a fight with intelligence agencies, they'll stop now? Incidentally, yes, they really DO believe this stuff is true. They wouldn't spread gossip in daily briefings to the head of state for the sake of spreading gossip.

I guess in short...he did a better job roasting himself than Alec Baldwin could ever do. I can't wait to see how SNL tops it. Or, hear about they top it as they decide Canada isn't allowed to see it.

When Canadian media says they haven't seen anything like it before...it has to be pretty special. We live in a world where:
- One of our ex-Prime Ministers (Pierre Trudeau, 1970s) pirouetted around the Queen around to show disdain, openly told people to just watch how much military he'll put on streets to prevent urban terrorism, and had to be told by Thatcher that he was acting like a child.
- Another ex-Prime Minister (Jean Chretien, 1990s) has told media "There is no pill for stupidity" in reference to Trump, fought off a protester by grabbing him by the neck and throwing him to the ground, and had this to say about proofs:

- We've had a provincial premier (Ralph Klein, 1990s) who didn't completed their high school education before entering politics, yelled at a 17 year old page (basically a delivery boy for government documents), and yelled a people in a homeless shelter.

Shameless Self-Plug - Updated September 29 - Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope’s Peak Academy
Old 01-12-2017, 03:21 AM   #6
Kid Charlemagne
Antique Flatulence

Good line from a comment thread on The Daily Banter:

"Remember when Trump said it was gross that Hillary had to use the bathroom?

Now we know he was just upset he couldn’t watch."

The article.

EDIT: The blog Cannonfire has published what seems to be a dossier on Cheetolini's ties with Mommie Dearest Russia.

Click here.

2ND EDIT: George Takei tweeted some zingers Tuesday night.

3RD EDIT: Meanwhile, Obama better move fast if he's gonna confiscate our guns, ban Christianity, and make us all get gay-married to Mexican Muslims, like the right-wing nuts have spent the past 8 years telling us he's gonna do. :P

Last edited by Kid Charlemagne; 01-14-2017 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:32 PM   #7
kirant

I think this is going to become my official home for "What the hell?" articles relating to politicians.

This really isn't world politics but it makes me interested to see how the citizens of the USA interpret this sentiment of "Trump-like" anti-political correctness. I mean, there was the wave of "make America white again" after his election...and this older gentleman makes things less than exciting. No, I don't think taking Trump's "grab them by the..." literally is a smart idea. Nor is taking a "but it was only a joke" defence.

At least it's only a few days until...Trump's inauguration.

(Before anybody ask, police claim their charges are backed with security camera footage consistent with the charge)

http://time.com/4635835/christopher-...lflow_facebook

Quote:
Von Keyserling, the 71-year-old chair of the Representative Town Meeting in Greenwich, encountered the unnamed woman in the hallway of an unnamed town facility on Dec. 8, according to the Westport Weston. She told him it was “a new world” politically, to which he allegedly replied, “I love this new world, I no longer have to be politically correct,” according to the warrant.

She told him that if he was “proud of that I can’t help you,” after which he called her a lazy, bloodsucking union employee, the warrant said. He allegedly followed her into her office, saying he wanted to talk to her co-worker. Her co-worker came into the office, refused to talk with him, and left.

The first woman attempted to do the same, at which point von Keyserling “reached in from behind to place his hand between her legs and pinch her in the groin area,” according to the police arrest warrant. She threatened to hit him if he tried to pinch her again, and he replied, “It would be your word against mine and nobody will believe you,” according to the warrant.

Old 01-20-2017, 03:06 AM   #8
Thane of Cawdor
Yuri connoisseur advisor

Well well well tis here, the changing of the guard. I wonder if Trump will say "Mister Obama, you're fired" and do the thing like in the show, hehe.
Old 01-20-2017, 07:57 AM   #9
kirant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thane of Cawdor View Post
Well well well tis here, the changing of the guard. I wonder if Trump will say "Mister Obama, you're fired" and do the thing like in the show, hehe.
I honestly hope not. I'm hoping that a serious Trump takes over. The one from his election victory night which seemed, you know, presidential. He's heading in with one of the lowest approval ratings and, if he's serious about trying to reunite the USA, must act in a way which doesn't divide them further.

Trump's first actions must be to show that he's going to lead with his head, not his heart. His heart basically said "We'll get the Carrier deal done" and it basically amounted to an international signal of "Don't you dare leave...or else we'll offer you a huge tax break to stay". Not "we won't tariff you", but full on tax breaks.

And picking fights with the intelligence offices isn't a great plan either. Get down to actual work instead of wasting your time chasing pee stories. Or spending time thinking up some clever tweet about them.

I think if he decides one of his first actions will be to renegotiate NAFTA with both other nations, we're all in trouble. Tariffs as they have been proposed would heavily spike costs of vehicles as Canada/USA have parts swap sides multiple times. Setting up the infrastructure to make vehicles USA pure would be a massive undertaking and could easily hurt these companies. It'd hurt Canada even more but I think cutting your nose just to go from "mostly USA" to "USA pure" in this sort of tariff action is pretty silly and really, really shortsighted.

If he doesn't make it a toned down presidency, it could be a very short 2 years before a voter revolt kicks the Republicans out of House and Senate, making him a lame duck for the 2 years after.

Old 01-20-2017, 03:08 PM   #10
Thane of Cawdor
Yuri connoisseur advisor

Thats my only problem. Tarrifs suck, they always do. They hinder a global economy. But I for one am looking forward to the crazy trump. I hope he turns washington upside down, I'm tired of it and so is half the country. I hope he tears up the EPA, removes the NSA and Homeland security and restructures everything. I hope Nafta gets overhauled to actually work and we have direct trade with canada. I hope the entire tax structure gets destroyed and his three tier system works better. Actually I hope for a base plus gradient tax structure, something simple that every american can pay their own taxes because everyone understands it. No NEED for tax companies like h&r block because everyone knows how to pay their own taxes. I hope trump f*cks shit up so to speak. Rip up some of this red tape that's been in existence far too long, seemingly as 'make work' projects for thousands of government jobs we just don't need to pay for. Let the economy grow so we can all make more money so we don't need to have half these systems in the first place. Go raze some hell Trump :)