Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > General > General Chat

Old 11-01-2013, 10:12 PM   #1
kirant
Just another Friday night

Ongoing USA Mass Shootings Thread

I figured at this point it'll be easier to pile all our "USA shooting" topics in one thread.

There was a shooting at LAX. One TSA agent is dead.

Oddly, most people seem to have found out via the Mythbusters' Tory and Grant

Quote:
“@ToryBelleci: Something crazy is going down at LAX. People running everywhere. We just got evacuated.
“@ToryBelleci: Shooters in #LAX That was f***ing terrifying!”
“@grantimahara: Something just happened at #LAX. TSA and police running everywhere.”
“@ToryBelleci: Holy s***!!! How the hell did guns get passed security? Outside now.
“@ToryBelleci: Heard gun shots then everyone starting running for the door. Not sure if anyone was hurt. #LAX”
“@ToryBelleci: We are being shuttled away from the terminal now. Eye witness said the shooter had an assault riffle.
Link to an article
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/...inal-3-at-lax/

Ruri's Law: The vast majority of people are idiots (including myself)
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated September 29 - Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope’s Peak Academy
kirant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:57 AM   #2
XxLordxX
Holy Headbanger Knight

I didn't see this... Looks quite dangerous out there, I'll save the article for later, it's already 23:00 here and I have to wake up early tomorrow xD. Hope all our fellow American members are safe.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:12 AM   #3
YuiKonata
OBJECTION!

Man... brutal. Words can't describe what I herd. Canada sends their regards and hopes everyone is safe.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:16 AM   #4
kirant

Mass shooting on Fort Hood in Texas. Confirmed is at least one fatality, the shooter.

Some report that 4, including the shooter, are dead and double digits of injured.

If that name sounds familiar, Major Nidal Hasan killed 13 on the same base in 2009.

Shameless Self-Plug - Updated September 29 - Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope’s Peak Academy
Old 05-24-2014, 08:07 PM   #5
kirant

7, including the shooter, dead after what sounds like a kid who couldn't get laid snapped.

Quote:
Brown said the initial call came in to dispatch at 9:27 p.m. Friday night as multiple gunshots.

Santa Barbara County Sheriff Bill Brown revealed new details about Friday night's drive by shootings in Isla Vista during a Saturday morning news conference, including a new death toll and a possible link to an ominous YouTube video.

Deputies in the area found several victims and received information about the suspect and vehicle involved.

Witnesses described seeing a black BMW speeding through the streets, spraying bullets at people and various targets near El Embarcadero and Segovia Roads and the top of the loop along Del Playa.

Brown said at 9:33 p.m. the suspect exchanged gunfire with deputies then veered down Del Playa and crashed into a parked car. Deputies found the suspect inside the BMW dead from a gunshot wound to the head. Brown said he did not know if the suspect was shot and killed by deputies or if the wound was self-inflicted.

[...]

Multiple witnesses say they saw two people inside the suspect's vehicle, however, during the press conference, Sheriff Brown would neither confirm nor deny whether there was a passenger in the car.

At this time, the sheriff is not releasing the suspect's name, although he has been identified.

Brown called the suspect "severely mentally disturbed" and said, "This was a premeditated mass murder."

Word on the street quickly spread about an ominous YouTube video posted by a young man who identified himself as Elliot Rodger, titled "Retribution." The nearly seven minute long rant blasts women who've ignored or rejected him over the past eight years and warns that he will "punish you all for it."

When questioned about the video during the news conference, Sheriff Brown indicated investigators were familiar with it and are looking into whether Roger was connected with the crime.

Old 05-26-2014, 01:27 AM   #6
LuigiYoshi3000
The Eternal Understudy

The sad thing is that this massacre could have been prevented because law enforcement hasn't seen the suspect's online videos and never checked his apartment for the weapons that would later be used in said massacre.
LuigiYoshi3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 04:17 AM   #7
kirant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuigiYoshi3000 View Post
The sad thing is that this massacre could have been prevented because law enforcement hasn't seen the suspect's online videos and never checked his apartment for the weapons that would later be used in said massacre.
I believe they did check on him after the online videos three weeks earlier for messages he posted on YouTube.

What gets me is that they then let this guy keep 3 legally registered weapons, all semi-automatic handguns.

Old 05-26-2014, 07:09 AM   #8
LuigiYoshi3000
The Eternal Understudy

The fact that the suspect is mentally ill brings back the issue of gun control.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:29 AM   #9
Droote
No longer Lonely European

Quote:
I don't think the police have time to investigate every death threat made on the internet. 99% of those are false.

Quote:
The fact that the suspect is mentally ill brings back the issue of gun control.
Is Asperger's Syndrome considered a mental illness?
Droote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:07 PM   #10
LuigiYoshi3000
The Eternal Understudy

This topic explains that lawmakers could be to blame for not tightening gun laws: http://news.yahoo.com/california-gun...004327059.html