Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > General > Games & Computers

Old 04-27-2016, 03:36 PM   #1
LuigiYoshi3000
The Eternal Understudy

Nintendo NX Coming In March 2017

If you seen Nintendo's Twitter and Facebook accounts, the next Nintendo console, codename NX, is set to be released in March 2017. This news is quite surprising but not the news everyone probably expected. What do you think about this recent development from Nintendo?

Last edited by LuigiYoshi3000; 04-27-2016 at 04:11 PM.
LuigiYoshi3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:31 AM   #2
Nyanacopter
Top Secret Member

Well, I guess it isn't so surprising, given how Nintendo have been doing lately those days, I have to admit, I haven't buy anything from Nintendo for three and a half years, I do have my own share of problems with Nintendo, basically, I wasn't happy with what they're making anymore like I did in the past, as the matter of fact, Nintendo 2DS and Pocket Monsters X are the last I have ever own, go figure.
Nyanacopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 04:59 PM   #3
LuigiYoshi3000
The Eternal Understudy

Nintendo has just released a 3-minute trailer showing off the Nintendo Switch.
Old 10-21-2016, 12:34 AM   #4
TornadoAdvisory
The Imminent Storm

Seems like a neat little idea.

There appeared to be some sort of updated version of Mario Kart 8 in the trailer as the item bubbles looked different and King Boo was presumably playable. I'm not sure what the deal about that is but only time will tell.

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1162-0082

Last edited by TornadoAdvisory; 10-21-2016 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Typo
TornadoAdvisory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 03:40 PM   #5
GenerallyBananas
Night Owl

Very nice trailer. The console looks great, if a bit flimsy, and I like how they show you so much without saying a word.
It left me with a couple of questions though, like how are the game pads powered? will I need to charge them? And why is the guy playing Skyrim on it?
Steam
3DS Friend Code: 2707 - 2715 - 7452
Switch Friend Code: SW-1462-7138-4810
GenerallyBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 09:09 PM   #6
Gondolin
The Hidden Rock

^I'm assuming that it charges when it's in the dock, and the detachable controllers charge when they're attached to the tablet.

I would guess he's playing Skyrim for two reasons: 1) To show that the Switch will have 3rd party support from popular companies and 2) to show that it can run decently intensive games- as the Skyrim shown is likely the remaster which is to be released and more intensive than the original. Bonus reason 3) because mobile Skyrim would be awesome.
Old 01-14-2017, 08:29 PM   #7
LuigiYoshi3000
The Eternal Understudy

Nintendo Switch will launch at March 3, 2017. The price for the Switch will be $299.99. One of the games that will be released along with the Switch is Legend of Zelda: Breath of Wild.
Old 01-15-2017, 12:57 AM   #8
Gondolin
The Hidden Rock

SMT V announcement was unexpected, but exciting. I doubt I'll buy a Switch on release, but I'm definitely still interested.
Old 01-15-2017, 05:43 AM   #9
TornadoAdvisory
The Imminent Storm

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Splatoon 2 look promising but like Gondolin said I'm hesitant to get it right when it releases and might wait for a little while.

Still...It's about damn time Mario Kart brought back Bowser Jr., Dry Bones, and King Boo in addition to what may as well be actual Battle mode courses (Entire race tracks I feel didn't work very well with battle mode). The Inkling racers/Urchin Underpass track are going to be great as well.

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1162-0082
TornadoAdvisory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 02:52 AM   #10
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Guess I'll give my thoughts on the Switch since I'm here.

Personally, I'm gonna get my Switch in April. I expect some unit shortages and some scalpers getting systems first, so waiting a month will give me the best possible chance to get a Switch as an early adopter. The lineup of games they have for the first year is pretty damn solid, too. Breath of the Wild is obviously gonna be the day-one go-to system seller, with ARMS being a solid approach for a two-play party game and Super Bomberman R being fun for competitive multiplayer since it's, yknow, Bomberman. As for later games, Nintendo already has Splatoon 2 and Super Mario Odyssey set for the Summer and Holiday season respectively, which I think will bring in more players. Plus they seem to be banking on Xenoblade to be their big JRPG series, which is a good approach since that genre has been notoriously underserved on Nintendo systems since the Nintendo 64. I'm also pretty impressed Nintendo has NIS and Bethesda on board, with Bethesda even bringing Skyrim to the Switch (portability on that one is gonna be a big plus for many people).

I think Switch is at least looking healthier for its first year than the Wii U and 3DS did. The initial months of support are gonna be crucial, and I think Nintendo has a solid plan in place.

EDIT: Switch in April ain't happening. Fucking financial BS.
Currently Watching: My Hero Academia, Persona 5: The Animation
3DS Friend Code: 0318-9160-3343

Last edited by Shiraishi-kun; 02-27-2017 at 11:43 AM.
Shiraishi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote