Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > Lucky Star > General Discussion

Old 08-09-2014, 10:25 PM   #1
Misao
Posting Freak

Our Fandom Is Now A FUNIMATION Title!

This will surely put Tsukasa_Lover through the ringer, so keep your seatbelts on- this is going to be a wild ride...

... Lucky Star is now relicensed under Funimation.

That's right. The show we all love and base this forum on is now a Funimation show. So should we all pledge our undenying enslavement to Those Who Should Be Watching?

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/...ts-from-otakon

This news arrives with a barrage of headlines announced at the Funimation panel at Otakon! Among the other new additions are a migration of the Haruhi Suzumiya franchise (except, oddly, the movie), the Strikes Witches movie, the Steins:Gate movie, D-Frag, and Blaze Blue After Memory.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1268457898
Misao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 10:44 PM   #2
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

HARUHI HAS BEEN RELICENSED, THANK THE LORD!!!

And does this mean that the Lucky Star OVA will finally get a dub? FUNimation doesn't do relicenses unless they're dubbed or they plan on dubbing them.

And it's about fucking time the Strike Witches movie got licensed. I was starting to wonder if FUNimation would ever get their asses around to it.

I'm just hoping that they don't mess up the sets. FUNimation's quality control has been dubious in the past year or so, what with all the problems plaguing their releases of Psycho-Pass, Senran Kagura, Sankarea and so forth. They might be going through some internal affairs at the moment, but it's still something of an issue. Regardless, really happy to see these shows given a new lease on life.
Currently Watching: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind, Release the Spyce, Senran Kagura: SHINOVI MASTER, Heartcatch Precure!, SSSS.Gridman
Currently Playing: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Super Castlevania IV, Super Mario World, Mega Man: Legacy Collection
3DS Friend Code: 0318-9160-3343
Shiraishi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 10:56 PM   #3
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

Fantastic news, maybe now I can finally buy LS :)
Old 08-09-2014, 11:25 PM   #4
Misao
Posting Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiraishi-kun View Post
HARUHI HAS BEEN RELICENSED, THANK THE LORD!!!

And does this mean that the Lucky Star OVA will finally get a dub? FUNimation doesn't do relicenses unless they're dubbed or they plan on dubbing them.

And it's about fucking time the Strike Witches movie got licensed. I was starting to wonder if FUNimation would ever get their asses around to it.

I'm just hoping that they don't mess up the sets. FUNimation's quality control has been dubious in the past year or so, what with all the problems plaguing their releases of Psycho-Pass, Senran Kagura, Sankarea and so forth. They might be going through some internal affairs at the moment, but it's still something of an issue. Regardless, really happy to see these shows given a new lease on life.
The only way Funimation would ever dub the OVA is if there is enough hype for it. Sadly, there has been none for years.

And if they DO dub it, of course I'd want them to get the original cast back. That would only work if they commission the dub to BangZoom! though.

I tend to really like Funimation's sets. Their packaging is something like the best in anime dub releases, to me.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1268457898
Misao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:33 PM   #5
McKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misao View Post
The only way Funimation would ever dub the OVA is if there is enough hype for it. Sadly, there has been none for years.
I sure hope they do. Maybe there hasn't been any hype because people lost all hope of it ever happening due to Bandai Entertainment going under. Let's hope that that all returns in due time.
Old 08-09-2014, 11:38 PM   #6
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misao View Post

And if they DO dub it, of course I'd want them to get the original cast back. That would only work if they commission the dub to BangZoom! though.

I tend to really like Funimation's sets. Their packaging is something like the best in anime dub releases, to me.
FUNimation's sets are actually pretty standard compared to Aniplex and NIS America, who both employ chipboard boxes and other fancy expensive stuffs. They do look very good for the price they sell at, though. Aniplex and NIS are more "collector's market", whereas FUNimation is "mass market".

And it's not like FUNimation hasn't tried their hand at LE sets. Attack on Titan is proof of that.
Currently Watching: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind, Release the Spyce, Senran Kagura: SHINOVI MASTER, Heartcatch Precure!, SSSS.Gridman
Currently Playing: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Super Castlevania IV, Super Mario World, Mega Man: Legacy Collection
3DS Friend Code: 0318-9160-3343
Shiraishi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:53 PM   #7
LuigiYoshi3000
The Eternal Understudy

That's interesting news. A dub of Lucky Star OVA would be nice.
Old 08-09-2014, 11:56 PM   #8
Aristobulus
Violet☆Star

I'm not quite sure what this means, since LS already has a dub, and this doesn't mean LS will get any new content, I think.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:02 AM   #9
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

^ nope, no new content, it'll just be widely available for purchase again
Old 08-10-2014, 12:02 AM   #10
Aristobulus
Violet☆Star

Any new merch getting made? Or just new dvds or something?