Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > General > Books, Film, TV and Music

Old 02-17-2017, 01:36 AM   #141
Gondolin
The Hidden Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenerallyBananas View Post
Well, I don't mind fanservice if it's kept more or less diagetic. Thanks for the reccomendation!
The only other thing I'll say is that while the core 'concept' of it is assuredly strange, how the MC and his relationships with certain characters evolve is nice to see, and I found the end well worth it.
It has been some years since I read Ai Kora however, so if there ends up being something in there completely against your tastes, then apologies, but if you do end up enjoying it then I'm glad!

If I'm not mistaken, I was introduced to both of these series on this very forum. Gotta carry on the legacy or something :P
Old 04-10-2017, 01:45 PM   #142
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Samurai Jack season 5.

Been a pretty phenomenal revival so far. I love the move to a darker, more mature angle of storytelling. It's fascinating watching Jack deal with his demons regarding mortality and morality. Visuals are as orgasmically incredible as they've always been, even moreso with the addition of HD and other advancements in technology streamlining the animation process allowing the animators to really let loose with some incredibly well-staged and choreographed fights. This show is also pretty much a masterclass in color theory, and it has some of the most stunning, cinematic layout and visuals I've seen in broadcast animation.

What I'm saying in short is that Samurai Jack season 5 is fucking incredible so far and you need to start watching it if you haven't been already. I'm pretty sure everything Genndy Tartakovsky has done in his career has led to the production of this show, and it seriously shows. It may very well be his masterpiece.
Currently Watching: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind, Release the Spyce, Senran Kagura: SHINOVI MASTER, Heartcatch Precure!, SSSS.Gridman
Currently Playing: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Super Castlevania IV, Super Mario World, Mega Man: Legacy Collection
3DS Friend Code: 0318-9160-3343
Shiraishi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 04:19 PM   #143
Misao
Posting Freak

OH YEEESSSSSS! I been watching that too. I can't believe I forgot about this thread.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1268457898
Misao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 03:03 PM   #144
Nyanacopter
Top Secret Member

Better Call Saul, this is one of the most unusual show I have seen, but it's good.
Nyanacopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 07:15 PM   #145
Misao
Posting Freak

Samurai Jack, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Season 7 (coincidentally both featuring Tara Strong), My Hero Academia Season 2, and most of Toonami!

Old 04-24-2017, 05:34 AM   #146
TornadoAdvisory
The Imminent Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyanacopter View Post
Better Call Saul, this is one of the most unusual show I have seen, but it's good.
Watching this as well; It may seem slow at first but I feel like it's only a matter of time until things pick up, especially with a certain major Breaking Bad character popping up in the recent episode:
Spoiler: show
Gus Fring.

In other news, I've been watching the fifth (and final) season of Bates Motel which is on it's last episode. It's been a crazy season to say the least and it has no qualms with taking some diversions from the original novel/film, interestingly enough.

I also heard that season 3 of Fargo has started so that will be something else to check out once Bates Motel finishes.

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1162-0082
TornadoAdvisory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 12:36 PM   #147
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Need to get back to Star vs the Forces of Evil. I'm only a few episodes into season two.
Currently Watching: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind, Release the Spyce, Senran Kagura: SHINOVI MASTER, Heartcatch Precure!, SSSS.Gridman
Currently Playing: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Super Castlevania IV, Super Mario World, Mega Man: Legacy Collection
3DS Friend Code: 0318-9160-3343
Shiraishi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 02:10 PM   #148
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

I'm watching Samurai Jack on TV while trying to avoid spoilers from the US, we're a week or 2 behind in the UK ^_^
Old 05-16-2017, 03:09 PM   #149
Misao
Posting Freak

Samurai Jack Season 5 Episode 9

Toonami.

Old 05-27-2017, 12:05 PM   #150
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

Sammy J is over, I'm watching the current season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine and rewatching season 2 of Rick & Morty now that they're showing it on TV again here.