Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > General > Books, Film, TV and Music

Old 10-02-2016, 11:30 PM   #131
kirant
I (somehow) evolved Ditto

Got bored. Started watching Adam Ruins Everything. Basically, it's just about a comedian playing a personality that "ruins" everyday things for people. For example, funerals are massive money sinks which prey on emotional vulnerability and social tradition. Or glasses are practically a monopoly.

It's amusing albeit sometimes hiding some facts and sometimes dips into facts which, at least in my opinion, are already well known.

Ruri's Law: The vast majority of people are idiots (including myself)
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me Anime Edition
kirant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:06 AM   #132
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiraishi-kun View Post
Just marathoned season one of Voltron: Legendary Defender.

My feelings quickly went from "season two when" to "season two NOW".
Waiting on Voltron: Legendary Defender season two, as well as A Series of Unfortunate Events.
Currently Watching: Darling in the FRANXX, My Hero Academia, Persona 5: The Animation
3DS Friend Code: 0318-9160-3343
Shiraishi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 10:14 PM   #133
GenerallyBananas
Night Owl

Saw Little Witch Academia: the Enchanted Parade a few days ago. It was great.
Also started rewatching Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei yesterday since the last time I watched it was 2 years ago and I wanted to reaffirm it's place on my favourites list. So far it's even better than the first time I saw it
Steam
3DS Friend Code: 2707 - 2715 - 7452
Switch Friend Code: SW-1462-7138-4810
GenerallyBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 12:42 AM   #134
Gondolin
The Hidden Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenerallyBananas View Post
Also started rewatching Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei yesterday since the last time I watched it was 2 years ago and I wanted to reaffirm it's place on my favourites list. So far it's even better than the first time I saw it
I'm curious, have you ever read through to the end of the manga/know how it ends? It's pretty interesting if you haven't.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:01 PM   #135
GenerallyBananas
Night Owl

No, I haven't, but now I will
(Just realized I posted in the wrong thread. Oh well, anime are still TV shows)
Steam
Old 01-23-2017, 10:52 AM   #136
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Marathoned all of Voltron: Legendary Defender season two. Incredible finale, and hoo boy, do I have some questions.

Spoiler: show
First, who was that Galra that Keith met in the space worm? Is that his mother? Is she part of the Blade of Marmora? Speaking of, we barely scratched the surface of Keith's Galra heritage, when do we see more of that? Second, Haggar is Altean? And Alteans have innate magical ability? Are there other Alteans that escaped Zarkon? Third, where in the HELL did Shiro go after fighting Zarkon and gaining full control of the Black Lion? How did the black Bayard transfer from Zarkon to him in the middle of the fight? Also, "summon Prince Lotor"?! Is he going to be the main villain of season three while Zarkon is out of commission? Will he still have some attraction to Allura like in the original?

This show just keeps throwing curveballs, and I couldn't be happier. Season three soon, please.
Currently Watching: Darling in the FRANXX, My Hero Academia, Persona 5: The Animation
3DS Friend Code: 0318-9160-3343
Shiraishi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 10:33 PM   #137
Snap4Life
Die strijders in het veld

yall should check out this series on netflix, its called travelers. its about people from the future taking over the bodies from people in the here and now at the exact moment they die. and they got like a mission but im only 3 eps in. has anyone else seen it?
Old 02-15-2017, 05:21 PM   #138
GenerallyBananas
Night Owl

Midori Days
The most valentine-y thing I did this year was watch the first eight episodes of this after Mother's Basement recommended it in his "5 Romantic Anime to Distract You from Your (crushing) Loneliness" and it was a really good time. Midori and Reiji's relationship is really sweet and the supporting character's (especially Ayase's) antics can be quite funny sometimes. As much as I've enjoyed watching mostly Gainax classics and the occasional currently-airing show it was fun to watch another early 2000s rom-com. I should probably get round to finishing Chobits soon.

I'm hoping to finish the show tonight, though now that I've said that it will probably just sit unfinished on my MAL list forever.
Steam
Old 02-15-2017, 05:39 PM   #139
Gondolin
The Hidden Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenerallyBananas View Post
Midori Days
The most valentine-y thing I did this year was watch the first eight episodes of this after Mother's Basement recommended it in his "5 Romantic Anime to Distract You from Your (crushing) Loneliness" and it was a really good time. Midori and Reiji's relationship is really sweet and the supporting character's (especially Ayase's) antics can be quite funny sometimes. As much as I've enjoyed watching mostly Gainax classics and the occasional currently-airing show it was fun to watch another early 2000s rom-com. I should probably get round to finishing Chobits soon.

I'm hoping to finish the show tonight, though now that I've said that it will probably just sit unfinished on my MAL list forever.
I remember reading this several years ago and really enjoying Midori + Reiji's interactions. Maybe consider checking out Ai Kora by the same author as well, though as I recall there is a bit more fanservice.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:02 PM   #140
GenerallyBananas
Night Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gondolin View Post
I remember reading this several years ago and really enjoying Midori + Reiji's interactions. Maybe consider checking out Ai Kora by the same author as well, though as I recall there is a bit more fanservice.
Well, I don't mind fanservice if it's kept more or less diagetic. Thanks for the reccomendation!
Steam