Lucky Star Shrine Forums
 
Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > Lucky Star > Manga

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2015, 07:06 AM   #1
brandothegreat
Junior Member
 
Lucky star manga

Is the lucky star manga still goin or did it end?
brandothegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 08:11 AM   #2
Simply Hiiragi
-
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandothegreat View Post
Is the lucky star manga still goin or did it end?
It's still going on yet in Japan. Outside Japan Bandai originally had the rights to it and had released vol. 1-8 physically before they closed up shop. Since then Viz Media has picked up the license to the manga and just recently re released the first 8 volumes digitally. So we should see the newer volumes some point in the future. I have no idea if they plan to release any physical copies ever or not.

Last edited by Simply Hiiragi; 03-08-2015 at 08:22 AM.
Simply Hiiragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 09:24 AM   #3
brandothegreat
Junior Member
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Hiiragi View Post
It's still going on yet in Japan. Outside Japan Bandai originally had the rights to it and had released vol. 1-8 physically before they closed up shop. Since then Viz Media has picked up the license to the manga and just recently re released the first 8 volumes digitally. So we should see the newer volumes some point in the future. I have no idea if they plan to release any physical copies ever or not.
What happen after high school are they together? Are they planning to make more manga?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Hiiragi View Post
The main 4 are in college and they still get together when they can. The others are still in high school yet. The manga is still going on it's not over yet. The new volumes haven't been released here yet.
Last question I'm sorry but i love the series
The spin off Miyakawa-ke no Kufuku is that after high school?
I know it's different characters has it came out in dub yet the anime?

Last edited by Beyond Birthday; 03-08-2015 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Double posting.
brandothegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 09:52 AM   #4
Simply Hiiragi
-
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandothegreat View Post
What happen after high school are they together? Are they planning to make more manga?
The main 4 along with Ayano and Misao went to college and there all friends yet. The younger cast is still in high school and yes the manga is still going it's not done yet. The new volumes haven't been released yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandothegreat View Post
Last question I'm sorry but i love the series
The spin off Miyakawa-ke no Kufuku is that after high school?
I know it's different characters has it came out in dub yet the anime?
As you said it's only about the Miyakawa sisters, but it takes place while the main cast is still in high school.
The spin off is not dubbed and probably won't be ever. The OVA isn't dubbed either, but the Lucky Star anime is dubbed yes.

Last edited by Simply Hiiragi; 03-08-2015 at 10:31 AM.
Simply Hiiragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:32 AM   #5
Snarkster
Junior Member
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Hiiragi View Post
...Viz Media has picked up the license to the manga and just recently re released the first 8 volumes digitally. So we should see the newer volumes some point in the future. I have no idea if they plan to release any physical copies ever or not.
Oh, Wow... And here I was writing an English Transcript of Volume 9 for the last few days...

I went to the Website to check it out, and they only just released Vol 8 a little more than a month ago, and their rate of release for each volume seems to be around once a month. Which suggests we should be seeing volume 9 pretty soon.

Well, that sure feels like wasted effort on my part... Guess I better just leave it to them though. They'll probably do a much better job than I could even hope to do. Plus, I'll have to be honest, there were parts where I just could not decipher what was written, and had to write what I assumed was written based on context...

But eh... Maybe they'll never get around to translating volume 9 (Probably, Hopefully that won't be the case). I suppose I'll go back to it, if we don't hear anything about it by the time this year nears its end.
Snarkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 01:07 AM   #6
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆
 
sheepgoesmeep's Avatar
 
Location : Scotland, Earth
if they were planning to release them once per month then volume 9 is late, but that's understandable, there's more work to do because it wasn't already translated ^_^
and Japan currently has 10 volumes, there's probably a few chapters that aren't compiled together yet too
__________________
sheepgoesmeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:08 AM   #7
DustHalls
Member
 
DustHalls's Avatar
 
Location : not Saitama Prefecture
Hello. Does anyone know what's the status of the Lucky Star manga in the magazine it was being serialized in? Comptiq, I think it was. Is it still being serialized there or is it stalled?

If it stopped, which was the last issue Lucky Star showed up in?
__________________

Last edited by DustHalls; 06-10-2015 at 08:17 AM.
DustHalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 12:31 AM   #8
Simply Hiiragi
-
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustHalls View Post
Hello. Does anyone know what's the status of the Lucky Star manga in the magazine it was being serialized in? Comptiq, I think it was. Is it still being serialized there or is it stalled?

If it stopped, which was the last issue Lucky Star showed up in?
It is still on going and the manga is currently up to 10 volumes.
Simply Hiiragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 12:37 AM   #9
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆
 
sheepgoesmeep's Avatar
 
Location : Scotland, Earth
yep, volume 10 is the latest, i have no idea about what issue it was last shown in though
volume 10 was released in November 2013, so there should be almost a full volume of chapters released by now, assuming they're released monthly (one chapter in every issue)
__________________

Last edited by sheepgoesmeep; 06-12-2015 at 12:40 AM.
sheepgoesmeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 02:00 AM   #10
DustHalls
Member
 
DustHalls's Avatar
 
Location : not Saitama Prefecture
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply_Hiiragi View Post
It is still on going and the manga is currently up to 10 volumes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepgoesmeep View Post
yep, volume 10 is the latest, i have no idea about what issue it was last shown in though
volume 10 was released in November 2013, so there should be almost a full volume of chapters released by now, assuming they're released monthly (one chapter in every issue)
That's a relief. I'd been meaning to start buying and collecting the manga volumes, so I almost fell into despair when I read somewhere that it was indeterminately stalled. My desperate last resort would have been to buy the volumes up to the 10th one and then fish for magazine issues where LS showed up in up until its latest appearance.

I'm glad I won't have to do that. I can just wait for the following volumes to come out. (・`)-3

Though I still have my sight set on that one issue that has strips about Konata's middle school life. Do you think those strips will make it to the next volume? Honestly, I'm dying to meet that friend she mentioned who wrote down she wanted to be a warlock in her career plan choice, lol. Or, wait, was that in the manga, or was that an anime-only scene?
__________________

Last edited by DustHalls; 06-12-2015 at 02:14 AM.
DustHalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Theme By : Companyturk