Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > Lucky Star > Anime > Miyakawa-ke no Kuufuku

Old 12-31-2012, 04:39 PM   #1
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

Miyakawa-ke no Kūfuku (The Miyakawa Family's Hunger)

Miyakawa-ke no Kūfuku (The Miyakawa Family's Hunger), written by Kagami Yoshimizu, is a spinoff manga from Lucky Star . The manga is based on the Lucky Star Moe Drill game series and centers around big sister Hinata Miyakawa and little sister Hikage Miyakawa's impoverished daily life at home (due to Hinata's wasteful habits) and Hikage's life at elementary school.

earlier today it was announced that an anime adaption is in development, Yutaka Yamamoto (Kannagi, episodes of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and Lucky Star) will be involved, but what role he will fill in making the anime is not yet known~
Source: ANN

no news yet about whether or not KyoAni will be the studio animating it, but it seems likely, we can only hope :D
thanks to Misao for being the first to let us know~

Last edited by sheepgoesmeep; 12-31-2012 at 05:45 PM.
sheepgoesmeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:06 PM   #2
Droote
No longer Lonely European

I did not know they had their own manga. They appear relatively frequently in the later volumes of the Lucky Star manga.

Bah, and I thought I was done watching anime, now I need to watch this.
Droote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:15 PM   #3
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

i didn't know about it either, i like this other synopsis though; "A side story of Lucky Star, involving the hungry little sister and her otaku big sis, and their life with no money because of big sis' tendency to buy dojinshi." :D
sounds good to me

i wonder if Laturi will plop a new subcategory into the anime section for the new series~

Last edited by sheepgoesmeep; 12-31-2012 at 05:21 PM.
sheepgoesmeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:22 PM   #4
Misao
Posting Freak

You are so welcome! :3

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1268457898
Misao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:24 PM   #5
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

^ i was on ANN earlier and read 2 articles posted after this announcement, but i didn't notice the article about Lucky Star at all, i would've completely missed it :D
Old 12-31-2012, 06:25 PM   #6
VK-Skelton
Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepgoesmeep View Post
earlier today it was announced that an anime adaption is in development, Yutaka Yamamoto (Kannagi, episodes of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and Lucky Star) will be involved, but what role he will fill in making the anime is not yet known~
Source: ANN
Did he ever salvage his career? I can't remember what he got sacked for in the first place
Old 12-31-2012, 06:47 PM   #7
AmberX4

I have such high hopes for this, so excited! <3
AmberX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:10 PM   #8
'John Smith'

If Yamakan is heading the direction than that means a studio other than KyoAni is animating it, given their current relationship. Frankly I think Yamakan is overrated. He is just a director with a minimal amount of talent who gets too high and mighty on his horse and criticizes the works of others. Like that time he whined about K-On! being successful, probably just because he was jealous that BRS sucks in comparison. /rant

That being said if anything Lucky Star related gets animated, I will watch it, even if it is directed by Yamakan (I still respect his skill as a director, even if I personally disagree with him).
'John Smith' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:33 PM   #9
Dally
Persona Cruiser

It'll be interesting what lives they carry with the elder sister's hoarding habits lol.

Dally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:41 PM   #10
Gondolin
The Hidden Rock

Well this is certainly an interesting development. I had no idea that spin-off manga even existed.

I always kind of liked the Miyakawas. Their strips were usually pretty humorous.