Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > General > Anime & Manga

Old 06-21-2011, 02:10 AM   #1
furball
Facetious Troll Mod

Da Capo

Da Capo is an anime made in 2003 based on the visual novel Da Capo. Da Capo is described as a "ticklish school romance adventure"

Quote:
Asakura Junichi is a 15 year old boy who lives on the (fictional) island of Hatsunejima, where the sakura trees blossom all year through. He seems pretty ordinary, but he has magical powers, which he himself views as fairly limited. He can see the dreams of other people and produce Japanese sweets out of the blue. He has a sister, Nemu, with whom he attends the same class in middle school. Although people think they are twins, they are actually not blood relatives. Their bond is very strong, inciting people to think that they are lovers.

One day a new transfer student is welcomed to the school: Yoshino Sakura, Junichi's cousin, who returns home after having been in the USA for six years. Sakura immediately stirs things up since she is hellbent on letting Junichi keep his childhood promise to her. This is especially troublesome, since things between Junichi and Nemu have started to become much more serious in the time since Sakura left—and Junichi appears to have promised something to Nemu as well.

The story gets even more complicated when it is uncovered that the old, big sakura tree in the middle of Hatsunejima holds a magical grip on the island and its inhabitants. As the significance of its influence becomes clear, a dramatic story slowly unfolds, so what at first started as a lighthearted harem comedy becomes much more serious and intense as the series progresses.
Da Capo is an italian term used in music meaning "from the top" which refers to the looping story lines from the original game.

Da Capo has also spawned many sequels including Da Capo Second Season and Da Capo II (which is set 53 years after Da Capo) and Da Capo II Second season.

Basically, if you liked SOL romance, comedy, works like clannad or kanon, you'd like Da Capo as well.
furball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:24 AM   #2
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

it's been on my to-watch list for a loooooooong time~
but other stuff always seems to take priority and it's been ignored.
maybe someday i'll get around to watching it~
Old 06-21-2011, 02:44 AM   #3
ronelm2000
Kazumiism/Yuiism Author

Wait...53 year Time Leap?! WTF?!
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:47 AM   #4
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

it must follow the characters from the first series's grandkids or something :3
that could be cool~
Old 06-21-2011, 03:58 AM   #5
TheTerboh
The Party.

Hm. It's funny, I saw a clip from this anime at like, 5:00 A.M., and I was interested, and now there's a thread.

I guess I'll be watching it.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:24 AM   #6
Luis
Posting Freak

It first startled as a computer game. This is the first anime where I read the manga first and watched the anime second. Probably because I found the manga first.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:21 AM   #7
DevaPain026
Nico Nico Nii~ Holgan

in my to watch list!!!
Old 05-17-2013, 01:51 AM   #8
ronelm2000
Kazumiism/Yuiism Author

I'm going to finish Da Capo III soon this day. So far I'm liking everything although....

Spoiler: show
Random Rants:
> I don't know... DCSS was pretty useless... most of the characters there are unheard from again, except Aisia
> No Aisia OVA DC II? sadpanda.jpg
> Apparently, DC III seems to follow the same format as DC II. more sadpanda.jpg.

Currently at Ep 10 now. Yuuush!
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 08:12 PM   #9
Luis
Posting Freak

I watched all three anime years ago. I was surprised when they made a third season The third one had the most fanservice which I was not expecting since the first two didn't have that many if I remember right. It looked more like a reboot than a sequel. I don't remember much of the second one to be sure. The main character was changed. It's no longer Jun'ichi Asakura and is now Kiyotaka. I didn't like Jun'ichi's design in the first season. They fixed that in the second season where it looked more closer to his manga design. Sakura is there and looks like a whole different person. It wouldn't be Da Capo without her. I enjoyed the third one.