sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misao View Post
It shall be a global EXPLOSION.
Old 11-14-2015, 01:03 AM   #12
Misao
Posting Freak

Sometimes I love the Internet. You can get your point across so clear with gifs.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1268457898
Misao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 12:10 AM   #13
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

I've booked my tickets, 13:20 on Thursday the 17th in 3D, I managed to get the best seats in the house

yeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Old 11-21-2015, 06:04 AM   #14
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

George Lucas has spoken up on not having any creative input on the final product, saying that he wasn't keen on Disney making a movie "for the fans", and wanted to continue the series as a "family soap opera" saying it's always been that way and "people don't realize that". He equates the acquisition from Disney and walking away from The Force Awakens to a breakup.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sta.../1100-6432477/

Personal opinion: If you needed any more proof that George Lucas is a giant prima donna, this is it. He claims Disney wasn't keen on having him involved, but that's probably because they saw what he wanted to do in the series and knew it was a fucking terrible idea. Because, you know, the prequels worked out so well, which is why there are a million fan edits trying to salvage said prequels into respectable films and a million more jokes about how badly he bungled the story and writing in them. I respect Lucas for bringing the franchise into existence and setting the groundwork for it, but aside from the first film back in 1977, every time he's had creative control of the series has been a disaster. He needs some perspective.
Currently Watching: FLCL Progressive, Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card, My Hero Academia, Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma, GeGeGe no Kitaro (2018), Lupin the Third: Part V, Persona 5: The Animation, Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory
3DS Friend Code: 0318-9160-3343
Shiraishi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 07:26 AM   #15
Gondolin
The Hidden Rock

Ultimately I think if I were in his position I'd probably agree. If I created what he created with a certain vision in mind and that ended up being disregarded, I wouldn't like it. Surely it must sting to be told that you're not wanted to be involved in the continuation of what you originally created.

And as far as the prequels go- meh. As time goes on, it feels like most people hate on the prequels simply because everyone else does. Don't get me wrong, of course they have issues and of course they don't have the best writing. I grew up watching all of the films- I remember going to the releases of all the prequels, and I remember all of the films, prequel or original trilogy, having that same bit of Star Wars magic throughout while being awesome in their own way.
People will like what they like and dislike what they dislike I suppose.
Old 11-21-2015, 09:45 AM   #16
kirant
I (somehow) evolved Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiraishi-kun View Post
but that's probably because they saw what he wanted to do in the series and knew it was a fucking terrible idea.

Quote:
I respect Lucas for bringing the franchise into existence and setting the groundwork for it, but aside from the first film back in 1977, every time he's had creative control of the series has been a disaster. He needs some perspective.
Lucas as a creator is a nightmare period. What makes Star Wars' original series work so well is that, in my mind, he surrounded himself with the right people. People let him know what was reasonable and tried to flesh out his ideas a bit more. I mean, he even admits he's the king of wooden dialogue and god knows that became horribly obvious as time went on. There were even mass complaints from the actors about the dialogue in the original movie for the longest of time.

It'll be interesting to see if VII settles the fan theory that Kasdan was a major force in the original trilogy...namely, his script writing bailed out Lucas. His credentials since the Star Wars trilogy certainly support the notion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gondolin View Post
As time goes on, it feels like most people hate on the prequels simply because everyone else does. Don't get me wrong, of course they have issues and of course they don't have the best writing. I grew up watching all of the films- I remember going to the releases of all the prequels, and I remember all of the films, prequel or original trilogy, having that same bit of Star Wars magic throughout while being awesome in their own way.
I think I had a bit of the opposite reaction watching them. My father took me out to see Episode II (so I'd be about 11 at the time) and I got bored. I was in High School when I saw III with friends. About the only thing any of us took away from it was "Aw man, that lightsaber duel was awesome :D", "Darth Vader! We missed him!", and "General Grievous is pretty awesome too".

Ruri's Law: The vast majority of people are idiots (including myself)
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me Anime Edition

Last edited by kirant; 11-21-2015 at 09:48 AM.
kirant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 04:20 PM   #17
Misao
Posting Freak

Quote:
George Lucas has spoken up on not having any creative input on the final product, saying that he wasn't keen on Disney making a movie "for the fans", and wanted to continue the series as a "family soap opera" saying it's always been that way and "people don't realize that". He equates the acquisition from Disney and walking away from The Force Awakens to a breakup.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sta.../1100-6432477/

Personal opinion: If you needed any more proof that George Lucas is a giant prima donna, this is it. He claims Disney wasn't keen on having him involved, but that's probably because they saw what he wanted to do in the series and knew it was a fucking terrible idea. Because, you know, the prequels worked out so well, which is why there are a million fan edits trying to salvage said prequels into respectable films and a million more jokes about how badly he bungled the story and writing in them. I respect Lucas for bringing the franchise into existence and setting the groundwork for it, but aside from the first film back in 1977, every time he's had creative control of the series has been a disaster. He needs some perspective.
...you know Lucas, you could've ended the conversation with "I had no creative input", instead of going on to make presumptions about the fans you evidently hate. Didn't YOU agree to let Disney buy the franchise? Do you have any right to say this?

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1268457898
Misao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 09:24 PM   #18
Gondolin
The Hidden Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirant View Post
I think I had a bit of the opposite reaction watching them. My father took me out to see Episode II (so I'd be about 11 at the time) and I got bored. I was in High School when I saw III with friends. About the only thing any of us took away from it was "Aw man, that lightsaber duel was awesome :D", "Darth Vader! We missed him!", and "General Grievous is pretty awesome too".
Maybe awesome lightsaber duels were really all I wanted :P

I think the main draw for me with episodes II and III was the clone wars and getting to see how that unfolded, which I thought was well done overall- at least, well enough that I can enjoy the movies.
Old 11-25-2015, 11:16 AM   #19
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Star Wars: Episode VII -- The Force Awakens is rated PG-13 for "sci-fi action violence".

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/11/st...icially-pg-13/

Like the article says, not surprising given the blood we saw smeared on Finn's helmet in the trailer. This also makes it the second Star Wars film after Revenge of the Sith to be rated PG-13, as well as the second Star Wars film to not be rated PG.
Currently Watching: FLCL Progressive, Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card, My Hero Academia, Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma, GeGeGe no Kitaro (2018), Lupin the Third: Part V, Persona 5: The Animation, Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory
Old 12-16-2015, 08:21 AM   #20
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Reviews are coming in on Rotten Tomatoes. 32 reviews, all positive!

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star...force_awakens/