Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > General > Games & Computers

Old 11-11-2017, 03:19 AM   #1
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Playstation Vita TV Recommendations

So this week, I received a Playstation TV (PSVita TV in Japan) in the mail that I had purchased at the start of the month, and I've been having a pretty good time with it over the last couple of days. Basically, a Playstation TV is a set-top box version of a Vita, and is compatible with a wide range of Vita games as well as (to my knowledge) the full library of PSP and PSOne Classics available on Vita.

As for games I have right now, I've spent a lot of my time between playing Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus and Mega Man Legends 2, and I've also tested out and installed necessary patches for Senran Kagura: Estival Versus and Danganronpa V3. But I'm interested in expanding my library of games for the system, so I'm wondering what you people would recommend for me? Feel free to give any games compatible with Vita, including PSP and PS1 games. If you're not sure, consult the game list on Wikipedia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...ita_games_(AL)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...ita_games_(MZ)

Games I'm already looking at are Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X, Persona 4 Golden, Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth and One Piece: Burning Blood.
Currently Watching: One Piece (stalled)
Currently Playing: Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus, Mega Man Legends 2
3DS Friend Code: 0318-9160-3343
Shiraishi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 05:53 PM   #2
Gondolin
The Hidden Rock

Unfortunately my Vita only ever ended up being used to play Persona 4 Golden, but it's absolutely good enough to make it worth it, in my opinion. The quintessential version of P4 with crisp and sharp art, an immersive story, fun gameplay, and an excellent soundtrack. Definitely recommend.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:45 PM   #3
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

I really can't imagine buying a system only to play one game on it. I kind of have this thought process that the worth of games you want for a system should be equal or greater than the worth of the actual system. For instance, I paid $105 for my PSTV (Dualshock 3 and 8GB card bundled) and the games I have for it currently total a little under that. And I still want more, so I'll be getting my personal money's worth. I dunno, maybe I'm weird like that, but that's just my personal opinion.
Currently Watching: One Piece (stalled)
Currently Playing: Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus, Mega Man Legends 2
3DS Friend Code: 0318-9160-3343
Shiraishi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:58 PM   #4
kirant
Just another Friday night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gondolin View Post
Unfortunately my Vita only ever ended up being used to play Persona 4 Golden, but it's absolutely good enough to make it worth it, in my opinion. The quintessential version of P4 with crisp and sharp art, an immersive story, fun gameplay, and an excellent soundtrack. Definitely recommend.
Persona 4 and Danganronpa...the only reasons my Vita ever gets used.

Given how much I value each franchise, I'd say it's money well spent for me though...

Ruri's Law: The vast majority of people are idiots (including myself)
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated September 29 - Danganronpa 3: The End of Hopes Peak Academy
kirant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 03:16 AM   #5
Gondolin
The Hidden Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiraishi-kun View Post
I really can't imagine buying a system only to play one game on it. I kind of have this thought process that the worth of games you want for a system should be equal or greater than the worth of the actual system. For instance, I paid $105 for my PSTV (Dualshock 3 and 8GB card bundled) and the games I have for it currently total a little under that. And I still want more, so I'll be getting my personal money's worth. I dunno, maybe I'm weird like that, but that's just my personal opinion.
Perhaps relevant, I bought a PSP soon after it's release, but the only game I ever had for it was Battlefront 2, until many years later I learned how to hack it and install GBA roms and use pirated PSP games, one of which was Persona 3 Portable. I enjoyed it enough that with the money I had at the time, I bought a Vita despite knowing how unpopular it was generally, and got P4G which I ultimately ended up thinking was worth it.

In the end, I really did enjoy the Vita, and did buy a couple other games for it, but it was a console that entered my life after I had really started slowing down on non-PC games. Which is partially why growing up kind of sucks. Can't as easily spend a lot of time playing whatever hot new game/rpg, especially for console/handheld systems.