Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > General > Anime & Manga

Old 01-19-2018, 11:57 PM   #21
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

I'm really not looking forward to seeing Violet learn the truth about Gilbert, it's gonna be heartbreaking ;_;
I love how she puts things in her mouth just a little bit~
Old 01-25-2018, 02:55 AM   #22
Misao
Posting Freak

Episode 3

Spoiler: show

Wait no one is allowed to even ask the typing speed on the first day of school?? ... and why do they include learning LETTERS in the curriculum? When was kindergarten invented? Is this world functioning around the same way? Without being about to read and write, how would society progress?? I would really love to know more about this world.

So it appears we made a mistake from the marketing: Violet IS human. She's not any kind of robot. It's just that she has no social skills due to her experiences in the war. Her arms are just replaced with metal-wear.

I feel so sad for Luculia. :(

She didn't pass? What da fook!?

Can Luculia really write a letter herself expressing her own feelings? :O

Do it Violet. Write a letter FOR her! You can do it!

... brief. Uuuuuhh.... very brief. But I suppose it did the job. :) I hope Luculia is okay with Violet doing the favor without asking first.

Nothing like a make-up course to earn you a pass!

May she be an extraordinary Memoir Doll!

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1268457898
Misao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 02:37 AM   #23
Gondolin
The Hidden Rock

Episode 3
Beautiful episode. Loved the interactions between Violet & Luculia especially, but man that letter was short and sweet.

Also, I'm really loving the character designs for this series. They're packed with so much personality but without ever really being in your face about it. KyoAni has been really good at this in recent times, with Hibike! Euphonium really standing out, but Violet Evergarden brings it to a whole new level for me.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:47 AM   #24
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

i'm glad Violet managed to make a friend, hopefully we'll see Luculia again :)
I wonder if we're gonna get a scene where Violet takes off her gloves and someone's taken slightly aback in every episode
Old 02-01-2018, 02:51 AM   #25
Misao
Posting Freak

Episode 4

Violet and Iris share flower names in common. Violet is gradually becoming a great ghostwriter. I am liking Iris' tough personality, though this ep did get me frustrated. You see your parents after who knows how long only to have a blow-out in front of your small town, end a party prematurely, and then leave after making your mother cry? Good work, Daughter Of The Year.

Old 02-03-2018, 03:21 AM   #26
Gondolin
The Hidden Rock

Really appreciating the episodic nature of the show- it does a good job of not making it feel it.

Iris' father bringing out the flowers right before they left was an awesome way to end it too. Being able to leave on positive terms like that after both sides felt as wronged by the other ad they did just goes to show how strong their bonds really are.

It's also really interesting seeing the juxtaposition of Violet and someone like Iris emotionally speaking. Violet matter-of-factly 'gets' what's going on, but misses the nuanced aspects of things, whereas Iris (and most other characters) has trouble expressing herself, yet appears to learn something from what Violet says and does. I appreciate Violet's journey into learning deeper emotion isn't as one sided as it very well could have turned out to.
Old 02-08-2018, 01:46 AM   #27
Misao
Posting Freak

Welp. It happened. The first episode that made me cry. I don't know why but there's something about a princess that's way too young marrying a prince of another land for being herself, and saying farewell to the court maid who tended to her from the day she was out of the womb. Ugh. Maybe it's because this time, the situation felt believable.

Old 02-10-2018, 11:43 PM   #28
Gondolin
The Hidden Rock

^ same for me, wasn't expecting it going in, but glad it happened nevertheless

When Violet said she was 14 I actually had to do a double take. Like, I know age in anime is all over the place and even in this show it's clear that that may not even be accurate, but I had definitely expected she'd be older. That said, it was nice seeing how Violet was able to fit in a role of being a girl of a similar age to the princess to bond with. Liked seeing how they interacted.

Apart from the scene at the end with Charlotte and her maid, one of my favorite moments was seeing the reactions of the commoners to the letters as the episode progressed.
Old 02-11-2018, 02:34 AM   #29
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

episode 5 was beautiful, really so lovely ;o;
I'm glad Charlotte and Damian love each other for who they are, at the start of the episode I was worried it'd be about a princess being forced into a marriage she doesn't want, it was a nice surprise ^_^

seeing Violet smile was wonderul too~♥
Old 02-11-2018, 03:54 AM   #30
Misao
Posting Freak

Oh god.

The maid must've surpressed all her emotions since Charlotte was alive and now she can't bear to do that anymore now that her mistress, who was like a sweet daughter, is being handed off to a husband! ;_; Gets me right here.

----

The episodes have been good so far. Ep 9 appears to be the finale of the story proper though, or at least it feels like it's ending that way. So I have no idea what they'll do to spend on the next 5. Once again, this is a tear-jerker, so be prepared.

Last edited by Misao; 03-08-2018 at 03:28 AM.