Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > Lucky Star > Anime

Old 01-23-2014, 05:55 AM   #81
Misao
Posting Freak

This again goes back to the thread I started about KyoAni wanting to become a content creator on their own, instead of adapting unoriginal stuff, because they gain more money in controlling their own rights. Free!, Tamako Market, and Beyond The Boundary are all titles they either created, or are based on a manga/novel that won an award in a contest they ran. So yes they are certainly moving on trying to find the best direction to go in, and Lucky Star is now pushed so much into the past that they don't want to touch it anymore.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1268457898
Misao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:39 AM   #82
YuiKonata
I disappear!

^That is true.

I guess KyoAni is moving more into their own content. Well, might as well wait for another company to possibly take on the 2nd season~

Though Lucky Star will be part of KyoAni's past, we'll see what awaits them into the future~
YuiKonata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:05 PM   #83
Droote
No longer Lonely European

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuiKonata View Post
Hmm.. I just thought of something...

Maybe the reason we have no season 2 is:

-Lack of material: Sure there is like up to 10 issues of the manga but maybe most of it was used already. If there was more stuff, maybe a season 2 or another OVA would be done?
It has nothing to do with a lack of material. They have only animated about 1/3 of all released content. This is the least problem.

Quote:
-Hype: Yes we all are L*S fans but the series lost its hype (even after like how many years since the original Anime came out?). I'll admit it, I don't really like L*S since its been years now.
I think it is more that yes, but LS is still a popular anime, just not as big as it used to be. But you seriously don't like LS anymore because it is old? What has that to do with anything?

Quote:
Besides, Miyakawa wasn't animated by KyoAni (yes it's a spinoff). Maybe we shouldn't keep begging KyoAni for season 2. Maybe another company might take on the challenge of L*S.

EVEN IF I DON'T LIKE IT ANYMORE, I WILL KEEP HOPING FOR SEASON 2~!

but this is my opinion. What about you?
Yeah, it looks like Ordet would be a more probable company to make a new season of LS. They didn't have problems getting the original voice actress cast either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAuraEX View Post
There's actually plenty to work with for a Season 2 of Lucky Star. Loads upon s**tloads, actually. It's strictly due to Kyoto Animation not "wanting" to do another season. Why continue what isn't making "Loads-A-Money"? It's stupid to a fan, but to a creative artist, it means everything. It has to be "super" successful to keep it going. Not to mention, I've noticed Kyoto Animation has a very "Move Forward" attitude. They don't ever really seem to stick to one thing for very long.
Yes, I think is very much the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAuraEX View Post
Even with their other popular IPs, this happens a lot (save for maybe the Haruhi brand).
What IPs? KyoAni almost exclusively adapt other people's IPs.
Droote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 02:59 AM   #84
tyfan22
Konata's lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droote View Post
It has nothing to do with a lack of material. They have only animated about 1/3 of all released content. This is the least problem.

I think it is more that yes, but LS is still a popular anime, just not as big as it used to be. But you seriously don't like LS anymore because it is old? What has that to do with anything?

Yeah, it looks like Ordet would be a more probable company to make a new season of LS. They didn't have problems getting the original voice actress cast either.

Yes, I think is very much the case.

What IPs? KyoAni almost exclusively adapt other people's IPs.

I think Ordet WILL do it but I have a feeling it will be short
tyfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:33 AM   #85
Jaden
That One Guy named Jaden

Awesome news!
Old 01-28-2014, 01:17 AM   #86
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

^ there is no news, merely speculation and hope~
Old 01-29-2014, 02:57 AM   #87
XxLordxX
Holy Headbanger Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepgoesmeep View Post
^ there is no news, merely speculation and hope~
Indeed... I have more speculations than hopes. I think that if there was a Second Season to be released, it would have be done some time ago... I don't see why they would release it nowadays. Anyway. I still wish that they release one~.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:58 PM   #88
YuiKonata
I disappear!

^We don't wish, we beg~

This is what will happen if I see no Season two.

(lolz)
YuiKonata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:05 PM   #89
Flonight

I LOVE LUCKY STAR!!!!!