Misao
Posting Freak

Thank goodness!

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1268457898
Misao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 05:21 PM   #22
GenerallyBananas
Night Owl

I'll be off to see it in a few hours. I'll post tomorrow about it, not going to spoil anything though
Steam
3DS Friend Code: 2707 - 2715 - 7452
Switch Friend Code: SW-1462-7138-4810
GenerallyBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 05:27 PM   #23
Misao
Posting Freak

Man, I am gonna wait until the hype dies down in theaters. This is one of the craziest releases of a movie I have likely ever seen, and I hate crowds in general.

Old 12-16-2015, 09:19 PM   #24
GenerallyBananas
Night Owl

In the theater now. Ads are still going, but soon it will begin!!!
Steam
Old 12-16-2015, 11:27 PM   #25
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenerallyBananas View Post
In the theater now. Ads are still going, but soon it will begin!!!
Keep us posted!
Currently Watching: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind, Release the Spyce, Senran Kagura: SHINOVI MASTER, Heartcatch Precure!, SSSS.Gridman
Currently Playing: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Super Castlevania IV, Super Mario World, Mega Man: Legacy Collection
3DS Friend Code: 0318-9160-3343
Shiraishi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 02:08 AM   #26
GenerallyBananas
Night Owl

Ok. I'm back home now. Now for a review-sort-of-opiniony-thing. Im quite tired so I may have forgotten a few things I wanted to say, if so Ill edit later.
Firstly, JJ Abrams has done a brilliant job on this one. I've seen a few videos talking about how he had been analizing the original trilogy and what made it tick, and I have to say it has payed off marvellously.
The film is very easily compared to A New Hope, mostly because thats what it is, and the film is very aware if that. The plot is very similar to that of SW 4 and there was one shot in particular which was literally just copied and pasted from A New Hope (that shot where an alien points a stormtrooper towards the MCs on Tatooine) but that didn't take away from the experience because of the way it was done. The characters were very enjoyable and the actors were good. The choreography for the fight scenes I thought was very good, specifically Kylo Ren (I think thats how you spell it) and his fighting style. His swordplay seemed very fast and ipulsive. It gave the idea he was still inexperienced and relied on anger and force rather than calculated moves while fighting, all of this while still maintaining the classic jedi fighting style we all know and love. There were very small nods to the original films I liked aswell, that you would completely miss if you weren't paying attention. Like for example they kept the original sliding screen transitions inbetween scenes.
Last thing I feel deserves mention is the spaceships. They used 3d model photography instead of CGI for the ships and they did so very well. They animated the Millenium Falcon particularily well, giving her a feel of weight and momentum, making it all the more satisfying to see her smash into things.
FINAL VERDICT: It is very simple. Do you like Star Wars? You do? THEN WATCH IT NAAOOO

I apologize for the long post, I really wanted to say something about this movie. Im not going to compare it with the original trilogy but I can guarantee it's better than the prequels.I had a great time watching it and you most likely will too.
Steam
Old 12-17-2015, 04:49 AM   #27
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

That's all I need.
Currently Watching: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind, Release the Spyce, Senran Kagura: SHINOVI MASTER, Heartcatch Precure!, SSSS.Gridman
Currently Playing: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Super Castlevania IV, Super Mario World, Mega Man: Legacy Collection
Old 12-17-2015, 05:08 AM   #28
Misao
Posting Freak

I can't wait now! :D ............. yeah I can.

Old 12-17-2015, 08:42 AM   #29
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Gonna be going to see it either Sunday or Monday. Let's pray I can dodge spoilers until then; the worst I've been exposed to is what Kylo Ren looks like without his helmet.
Old 12-17-2015, 09:16 AM   #30
GenerallyBananas
Night Owl

Stay as far away from social media as you can Shiraishi. You REALLY dont want to get any spoilers, trust me.
Steam

Last edited by GenerallyBananas; 12-17-2015 at 02:33 PM.