Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > General > Books, Film, TV and Music

Old 08-06-2015, 09:41 AM   #1
Shiraishi-kun
Local Anime Freak

Chris Farley's 1997 Shrek Performance Partially Rediscovered

An important piece of animation history has been unearthed. In 1997, before his tragic death, comedy actor Chris Farley recorded dialogue for the lead role in DreamWorks' Shrek. Farley was only able to record up to 95% of the dialogue (other reports suggest he recorded 80% to 90%) before his death, which lead to the character being recast with Mike Myers, the film being reworked, and becoming the modern animated classic we know today. We have been unable to hear a single shred of Farley's performance for over 18 years.

Two days ago, Bedhead Bernie on YouTube uploaded a two-and-a-half minute video excerpted from the original 1997 storyboard animatic for Shrek, finally giving us a glimpse at Farley's final, unfinished performance. Enjoy.

Currently Watching: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind, Release the Spyce, Senran Kagura: SHINOVI MASTER, Heartcatch Precure!, SSSS.Gridman
Currently Playing: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Super Castlevania IV, Super Mario World, Mega Man: Legacy Collection
3DS Friend Code: 0318-9160-3343
Shiraishi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 03:39 AM   #2
Misao
Posting Freak

This touched me right here. ;__; Some parts of the script is very forced, you can tell a lot of work had to be done. But man, if Chris Farley doesn't pull the heartstrings.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1268457898
Misao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 06:01 AM   #3
Spritejunkee
Disciple of Book Horse

That was really nice, it's too bad that there's so much of Farley's performance that we might never get to hear.

The fact that there's so much lost media out there makes me feel so...I don't know how to describe it but I've always hated the fact that there are so many shows, movies, songs and a bunch of other things that we'll never get to experience.
Spritejunkee is offline   Reply With Quote