Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > General > Anime & Manga

Old 01-08-2015, 12:27 AM   #1
Misao
Posting Freak

Kancolle Anime

This is a thread for the anime based on the wildly-popular battle ship game Kancolle.

Episode 1

Keep in mind, I may or may not follow this. I'm checking out a few episodes and then making a decision later.

Spoiler: show

A mysterious group of aliens……. CUTE moe mysterious aliens…
Ah so the girls possess the SOULS of ships from years past, they're not actually the ships themselves personified and go to a training school with apparently no men in it. …unless I'm wording that wrong.
Crunchyroll is streaming this in HD and the detail in this opening shot is FANTASTIC. Such clean thin lines.
Hi Fubuki! Nice to meet you too!
Now that I look closely at them, the girls in the action scenes are actually in CGI. :( I'm a bit miffed about that shortcut, but I do notice that in close-ups with little action, they're still hand-drawn.
I'm afraid it will take me a while to get a hold of all their names.
Oh hey it's that girl with the large bow!
Woah Akagi-senpei is so COOL!
If a guy says "smile" while he's smiling, it just comes off as weird.
"When they're having lesbian moments, it's best not to talk to them."
Oh hey they include the original artwork in the eye-catches!
Do your best, Fubuki!
Oh God it's like out-of-control skiing!! Lean forward! Lean forward!!
I like how the Carrier Division has bow and arrows.
… holy cow! Even in CGI, they can have character moments are still look convincing and not like robots!??! What has science done!?
…. how is it possible she hasn't been in a real fight yet was accepted into the school?
lol I'm not sure "please hit them" is a good attack call.
Wait. The arrows turn into jets!?
Now the MC has a clear goal, and a story begins.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1268457898
Misao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 07:10 AM   #2
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

i'll definitely give it a go, because a lot of the characters are pretty in fanart.
there's a heck of a lot of characters though, i hope some of my preferred battleship girls were included :/
Old 01-08-2015, 11:17 AM   #3
ronelm2000
Kazumiism/Yuiism Author

That is some "transformation" scene though. I liked that, quite much.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 01:56 PM   #4
Misao
Posting Freak

I can't wait for this to appear in the anime!

Old 01-08-2015, 05:22 PM   #5
Gondolin
The Hidden Rock

I've never really looked up much about Kancolle, and I have no idea what I was expecting as far as why there are all these cute battleships doing cute things, but for some reason cute girls with sea monsters rising from the depths didn't cross my mind.

It's too bad that it uses as much cgi as it does, but it didn't look too bad. Definitely going to keep watching.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:06 AM   #6
Niko Jims
Posting Freak

It was alright, will probably watch all the way through. It's similar to SW but a bit lesser imo (or at least that's how I assume it'll end up). Hoping for a fun crossover one day.
Niko Jims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 01:48 AM   #7
Misao
Posting Freak

Episode 2

"Hoodie… sweatpants…. glaring eyes! Yosh! I'm ready to rob the bank."
Oh that's right the first ep didn't have an OP! This one's awesome!
No! Don't poi me. > _ <
Oh hey it's that famous girl with the bots. lol she sits in the back of the class.
By the logic of Wile E. Coyote, you shall STICK TO THE POLE YOU RAN INTO AND SLOWLY DROP DOWN!
Fubuki sometimes gets tired from walky, so its her feeding time. Fubuki like orange slices. :3 *pets Fubuki* Goood Fubuki.
Wha--OH! OOOOOH THIS is where I seen that gif from! :D :D It's Atage?? Or… what's-her-boobs? Yeah her.
… did the tub just give her an orgasm??
…… okay, I guess I'm not SUPPOSED to ask just how a repair bucket works, but I suppose it's just one of those unexplained things.
I am loving Naka-chan! XD
lol the music got cut off by Naka's ADD. I honestly believed for a second that a music number was gonna happen!
"Get lost! We're doing some SHIPPING here!"
Awwww they're all so sweet and supportive to Fubuki.
"Understood, Admiral. You like how my Boobies look."
I will keep saying this, but the CGI blends so well with the hand-drawn animation!
"Get ready for a six-ship assault!" YAAAY!
Well this was straight slice-of-life. I just hope the rest of the show isn't like this, or may get boring.

Old 01-15-2015, 02:09 AM   #8
Gondolin
The Hidden Rock

The CG is just so distracting. I'll put up with it for the sake of trying to understand why KanColle is so popular, but man is it going to hurt.

^Misao
I think we're basically going to get a rotation of SOL stuff and fighting the Abyssals, and then at the end they'll fight some really powerful one or something.
The basis for a lot of the popularity seems to be the cute girls aspect of it, so I don't expect the SOL stuff to disappear. But who knows, we'll have to see.
Old 01-15-2015, 02:14 AM   #9
Misao
Posting Freak

I think you should prepare to have some of the fantasy/mechanical stuff never explained to you, like the repair solution, the tiny bots, etc. If you really want to know why this became so popular, check out some playthroughs of the game too.

Episode 3

In which confessions are made.
Kirasagi is always together.
lol Yayoi isn't jealous! ;)
AGATO'S here with her big breasts and "good luck charm"!
How come all the dishes here are oversized parfaits?? ….. is that where ships get their energy from!??! …I-I-I'M NOT JEALOUS!
A lot of emphasis appears to be put onto Kirasagi.
Awwww Poi-chan's feeling left out.
I wonder how old Akagi is. Do ship girls age the same way regular humans do?
"…because the might not be there tomorrow." … OH MY GOD THERE'S GONNA BE A DEATH! SOMEONE WILL TOTALLY DIE IN THIS ANIME I CAN'T TAKE IT!!!!
No tell her NOW! Not after the battle!
Why do islands in this show just look like small clumps of rocks?? What is the importance of saving them?
MUTSUKI NOOOOO!
YES FUBUKI SAVED HER!!
All right! Its' the Fleet!
It's over….. but…. why is the camera focusing on Kirasagi!
NOO I DON'T WANNA PRESS PLAY!!
….AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! !!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
……..

… ah ah'm gonna go… into a corner now….

Last edited by Misao; 01-22-2015 at 03:36 AM.
Old 01-22-2015, 04:51 AM   #10
Gondolin
The Hidden Rock

Didn't see that coming. Excited to see where things will go now that they're definitely willing to sink some ships. The upcoming episode will feature some hardcore sad